Pinned Closed Beta Feedback Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Here are a few observations I have made so far:
    • It may be a good idea to give the Egyptians the double-build like the Romans or perhaps double resource production while beginners protection is active. They need some sort of beginning boost to economy if they have no decent raiding units and only one offensive unit (which is more expensive than the Roman Imperian). Just a thought.
    • Can we have a forum/wiki post of all of the level costs for the Command Center and Water Works? That way we can calculate efficiency for using those buildings depending on our individual situation. I feel like it's impossible to review those buildings without knowing the cost.
    • The ad-quicker-build time function is buggy at best. Many players play from their phones, and it’s even worse there. Maybe TG should look into surveys instead of videos (I see a lot of news sites utilizing surveys like this) -- or even a just a few surveys so that we can use the function from our phones sometimes. I'm happy to provide ad revenue to TG -- I just need a little easier functionality.
  • I'm surprised that all the same artifacts are sitting in all the same regions. If they changed that, our strategies would have to change too, maybe make the game a little less formulaic. I like that the birthday server is often full of surprises.

After saying that, its a bummer that we didn't spawn with level 10 fields and 6 settlers. That always made the usual slowness of a server start exciting.
    s4r2 - ABT * s4r3 - AXE * s4r4 - ROAR * s5r3 - Pack * ROA - L&E * ROA2X - SI
  • I would like to have a chance to excel in early game progression over other players with the new tribes.

But I agree, we should move the artifacts for the real round.

To follow up on my Egyptian suggestion, maybe a smart move would be for Egyptian heroes to get a boost to hero resource production like Romans get for fighting strength.
  • m.hudson wrote:

In this year’s annual special Travian: Fire and Sand, each tribe’s hero has a unique ability. The Egyptians are master builders and architects. Therefore, they need resources - which is why the Egyptian hero produces twice as many resources.

Official Announcement Thread US
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
  • now the forum is back up and running all announcements will also be made here for such important topics.

There is a process for the same information to be released on other media like facebook as well as here / direct people here.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
  • Son of a Peach wrote:

To be honest -- it's incredibly hard to know where Travian will announce information. One day it's on FB, then it's on Twitter, then it's on the blog, then it's here. The stream of information is rarely in the same place, and I'm pretty low-tech anyways lol

Thanks for this. Really enjoying the Egyptians!
    That happened while the forums were down. Now, every new piece of information will be shared on this forum or there will be a post with the links to the blog, etc. Either way, you won't miss any updates if you check the Forums regularly.
    AU - Super Moderator
    US - Moderator, Support, Multihunter
  • Hi!

I have a little feedback regarding the beta that I hope can be considered as a change for the birthday server.

I would like to see the Egyptian troops currently referred to as "slave militia" referred to as (perhaps) simply militia. Never before has Travian used a "tribe" that was not Euro-centric, and white. While I am not ignorant of history and do understand that many armies were made up of enslaved people, I believe that calling a troop type within a modern fictional game "slaves" leads to problematic discourse that unintentionally, yet effectively, overlooks the gravity of slavery.

When I have conversations with friends, and they say things like "slaves are so cheap, so easy to splat" it sets my teeth a bit on edge. Not because of my lovely friends, but because, while I have set the same thing about mace, words have tremendous power, and to discredit the horror of the word slave (slaves still exist, all over the world) is less than respectful.

Thank you!
  • zenny wrote:

Hi!

I have a little feedback regarding the beta that I hope can be considered as a change for the birthday server.

I would like to see the Egyptian troops currently referred to as "slave militia" referred to as (perhaps) simply militia. Never before has Travian used a "tribe" that was not Euro-centric, and white. While I am not ignorant of history and do understand that many armies were made up of enslaved people, I believe that calling a troop type within a modern fictional game "slaves" leads to problematic discourse that unintentionally, yet effectively, overlooks the gravity of slavery.

When I have conversations with friends, and they say things like "slaves are so cheap, so easy to splat" it sets my teeth a bit on edge. Not because of my lovely friends, but because, while I have set the same thing about mace, words have tremendous power, and to discredit the horror of the word slave (slaves still exist, all over the world) is less than respectful.

Thank you!
    QFT.

It's not an excellent translation; to my knowledge, Egyptians (and most civilizations that survived longer than a couple years) didn't arm and train their slaves for obvious reasons. Besides, what's the distinction between a feudal serf and a slave? Calling one civ's militia "slaves" and another's "phalanx" is somewhat culturally heavy-handed.
  • The term slave militia is a bad one to use. Travian you can do better. Using the slave is akin to using the nazi. Completely unacceptable.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
    Our Lady of Croppers
    ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison
  • zenny wrote:

Hi!

Thank you!
    I'll add my support to this change. The word, and the concept, is so very politically and culturally charged, perhaps more so in North America than in other regions. Despite arguments that could be made forhistorical accuracy, surely there are other terms that could be used.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
  • m.hudson wrote:

HQ are aware of the word slave and its history. A new name should replace it shortly

That's very good news. Thanks for letting us know.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez