I'm not sure I understand the new forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm not sure I understand the new forum

Am I to assume there will be no free exchange of ideas here? So far I have seen lots of deleted posts and threads and I'm curious. Is this post going to be locked/deleted for asking questions?

Baron D'Holbach wrote:

You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson ().

• There should be a number of threads that come through in the 'dump' that is supposedly being done. They only ported current content for the release of this new forum..

That said, I do advise you to familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules as they will not entirely as per what existed previously (we were sheltered in some aspects).

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • The Blazin1_US wrote:

Am I to assume there will be no free exchange of ideas here? So far I have seen lots of deleted posts and threads and I'm curious. Is this post going to be locked/deleted for asking questions?
      Well, for one thing, apparently any discussion of real-world politics will now be deleted and grounds for being banned, per a warning I got earlier today from M.Hudson. I know we're generally not supposed to discuss bans / warnings publicly, but I feel that's an important thing to get out there, relating to my next point:

Scarecrow wrote:

That said, I do advise you to familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules as they will not entirely as per what existed previously (we were sheltered in some aspects).
      That would be easier to do if I could find them. They're clearly different from what the .us rules were, and I'm still not sure where they are.

Edit: The "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson: Edit Quote ().

• I am just totally confused by this new forum thing. I cant find anything :(
      us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

Drummit wrote:

What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
      and most important Sprouts friend
    • We are waiting for HQ to post the new rules. they will be short as they are the game rules and Terms and Conditions.

If you read the game rules and T&C and follow them you will be fine until HQ post the rule they want followed.

Regarding real-world political discussion this is a game forum not reddit please save your political views for elsewhere on the internet
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Its always been part of the Terms and Conditions. The background is that Travian has been blocked in some countries in the past for political discussion that the government of that country did not like.
      While it was not enforced strictly in the past because I managed the forum and could choose. On this new forum its managed and administered by HQ so the rules have to be enforced as per the T&C.

HQ will post shortly the new rules (Which direct you to read the T&C)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• The Blazin1_US wrote:

baSiCaLlY aS lOng as yOU don'T tALk AbOUT AnyTHing oranGE

gebne wrote:

I am just totally confused by this new forum thing. I cant find anything :(
      AS lonG aS you JUSt dO THe mOSt coUNTeR INtuITIVE tHIng (ReAD: DuM!) posSIble (LiEK hiTTinG "rePly To ThReaD" befOre HiTtINg the QUOte bUtToN On PPl'S Poasts) YoU're GonnA be A 4Um ROcKsTar lOLOLoLOLoLolOlOlzzzzZzzzZ!!!!!
      i LIkE to PRAnCE ThRU tHE wHEAt FIElDS ShOWING ofF MAI prETTy TaIL aND MAnE

The post was edited 2 times, last by m.hudson ().

• The Blazin1_US wrote:

Well at least they kept your US account. They connected me to this brand new .com one I just started a few months ago for this speed round instead of my .US account I started in 2007.
      Bo knows!
      Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.

Blah blah blah.... been playing sense .US started then quit that domain. Im morbid.
      I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.
    • SPARKELZ THE UNICORN! wrote:

baSiCaLlY aS lOng as yOU don'T tALk AbOUT AnyTHing oranGE YOu WannA Put YOUR liPs oN YOU shOulD Be GOod tO Go!!!!!! LoLOLOLoL!AS lonG aS you JUSt dO THe mOSt coUNTeR INtuITIVE tHIng (ReAD: DuM!) posSIble (LiEK hiTTinG "rePly To ThReaD" befOre HiTtINg the QUOte bUtToN On PPl'S Poasts) YoU're GonnA be A 4Um ROcKsTar lOLOLoLOLoLolOlOlzzzzZzzzZ!!!!!
      Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think you're using the SHIFT key incorrectly. Either that or your computer has slight capslock difficulties.

Just saying ;)
    • m.hudson wrote:

Regarding real-world political discussion this is a game forum not reddit please save your political views for elsewhere on the internet

Mouse-Keyboard wrote:

m.hudson wrote:

Why was this rule introduced?

I think you need to change the Tavern description to:

[Everything* off-topic - Not related to Travian: Legends

*Except for political in any way.]

That's a huge damper though, that was most of our discussion.

Mod Dark Tower wrote:

*Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.

The Blazin1 wrote:

I'm not very bright.
    • jaruby wrote:

The Blazin1_US wrote:

Well at least they kept your US account. They connected me to this brand new .com one I just started a few months ago for this speed round instead of my .US account I started in 2007.
      My US account was deleted too. I'm stuck with this one.

I haven't used this account since the COM Wars when the US forums invaded the COM forums in 2007-2008.

Mod Dark Tower wrote:

*Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.

The Blazin1 wrote:

I'm not very bright.
    • Sappy <3 wrote:

I think you need to change the Tavern description to:

[Everything* off-topic - Not related to Travian: Legends

*Except for political in any way.]

That's a huge damper though, that was most of our discussion.

because all domains are now together what was appropriate in one country was not appropriate in another. Travian has been blocked in the past due to political content so now we are all together HQ have said we will follow the game rules and T&C which includes politics.

For those who remember back to september 2016 this change was always intended and I made that clear that the rules would over time get stricter untill we followed the international rules and HQ policies.

We are now at the stage. There is no space for political, racial, sexist remarks or discrimination in any way. Those who are not able to restrain themselves will eventually find themselves banned. There are plenty of other places on the internet you can discuss politics, this however is not one,
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• The Burninator wrote:

SPARKELZ THE UNICORN! wrote:

baSiCaLlY aS lOng as yOU don'T tALk AbOUT AnyTHing oranGE YOu WannA Put YOUR liPs oN YOU shOulD Be GOod tO Go!!!!!! LoLOLOLoL!AS lonG aS you JUSt dO THe mOSt coUNTeR INtuITIVE tHIng (ReAD: DuM!) posSIble (LiEK hiTTinG "rePly To ThReaD" befOre HiTtINg the QUOte bUtToN On PPl'S Poasts) YoU're GonnA be A 4Um ROcKsTar lOLOLoLOLoLolOlOlzzzzZzzzZ!!!!!
      Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think you're using the SHIFT key incorrectly. Either that or your computer has slight capslock difficulties.
      Just saying ;)
      Wasn't that intentional misuse?

In the past people get banned for all caps posts!

Random caps is more annoying, and it kills the ability to read correctly :thumbdown:

m.hudson wrote:

We are now at the stage. There is no space for political, racial, sexist remarks or discrimination in any way. Those who are not able to restrain themselves will eventually find themselves banned. There are plenty of other places on the internet you can discuss politics, this however is not one,
      Now we have low enforcement, and yes, the rebels can do nothing here :thumbsup:

Avicenna wrote:

That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.

Rumi wrote:

What you are seeking is also seeking you.