Should vaccines be mandatory?

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• This is more a global opinion, as I do not live in the US.

Heavy emphasis on what is being vaccinated, is it a common illness or something truly dangerous? Here, we already have mandatory vaccinations for personnel working with children under the age of 1, elders over the age of 65 and risk groups but even the common flu can be dangerous in these cases. Outside these cases, a mandatory vaccination for common illnesses shouldn't be a thing.

Vaccines should also be properly tested before any kind of movement is made towards making it mandatory. The swine flu vaccine had devastating side effects on a significant amount of people in Nordic countries, in the form of narcolepsy. It did much more harm than good here, swine flu wasn't even that dangerous.
      This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.
    • yes they should be really well tested. very hard to say if yes or no because EDITED like that can cause autism often but here many parents didnt vaccinate their kids and recently there been more cases of some old ilnesses which were not a problem before and kids used to experience them at young age + vaccine and become immune forever but they now get it at like 15 y/o and die. which is obviously not good

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: swear words ().

• Vaccines do NOT cause autism.

The doctor who published that study has been not only proven wrong on countless peer reviews of his work, he has outright lost his license to practice medicine. The whole study was found to be fraudulent.
      KoN (S5) TLDR (S3), CIN & PAN (tournie)
    • Soveia wrote:

This is more a global opinion, as I do not live in the US.

Heavy emphasis on what is being vaccinated, is it a common illness or something truly dangerous? Here, we already have mandatory vaccinations for personnel working with children under the age of 1, elders over the age of 65 and risk groups but even the common flu can be dangerous in these cases. Outside these cases, a mandatory vaccination for common illnesses shouldn't be a thing.

Vaccines should also be properly tested before any kind of movement is made towards making it mandatory. The swine flu vaccine had devastating side effects on a significant amount of people in Nordic countries, in the form of narcolepsy. It did much more harm than good here, swine flu wasn't even that dangerous.
      I don't live in the US either, but I think their vaccines are somewhat the same as ours (Netherlands), if not please correct me.
      Our "mandatory" vaccines are:
      - First Week: Hepatitus B
      - 2 Months, 3 Months, 4 Months, and 11 Months: one for Difteria, Cervical Cough, Tetanus, Polio, Influenza B, Hepatitus B, and one for Pneumococcal (not at 3 months)
      - 14 Months: one for Parotitis, Measles, Rubella/German measles, and one for Meningococcal type C.
      - 4 years: Difteria, Cervical Cough, Tetanus, Polio.
      - 9 years: one for Difteria, Tetanus, Polio, and one for Parotitis, Measles, Rubella.
      - 12 years, girls only: Two shots for Human papillomavirus (but this one is not mandatory at all)

There are almost no parents here that choose to not vaccinate their children, the ones that do live sheltered lives anyway... in communities. Almost like hypocritical versions of the Amish.
      They only use modern technology when it suits their needs: They have cars, live in normal houses with electricity and phones. Some of them sneakily own a TV, but hopes the pastor never finds out. And they work normal jobs, so have computers/laptops and mobile phones, but not for the kids to use.
      We don't have a word for them other than Reformed, but people who selectively use modern technology here aren't confined to just the reformed.

EDIT: small edit for clarification that I didn't meant the Amish used all this.

Mod/MH/SH (aug 2007 - feb 2010) // MH (sept 2015)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Muchacho NL ().

• I gave my opinion and got an infraction. After the round of mafia I'm playing is over I will get myself a perma. I will be damned if I let a third world country control what I say.

Baron D'Holbach wrote:

You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.
    • I simply compared the two. How can someone be pro choice and then argue for something mandatory for someone else's kid. Suck up all you want Sap, Merkel is not my chancellor.

Baron D'Holbach wrote:

You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.
    • Pretty sure I'm lynched any way lol. Just in case though, I wish all you guys the best life has to offer and I have enjoyed our time together. Take care.

Baron D'Holbach wrote: