Travian's new look :(

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

    • Whilst I cannot but agree with the sentiment regarding the brashness of the change, and be concerned about the issues with compatibility and access to the game...

      ... I also cannot help but cast my mind back to decisions made in the past. Changes implemented between T2 and T3. The 'cartoon-ish' graphics of T4 turning players away.

      Travian needs to be mindful of how it handles these changes and ought to gather some closed beta feedback, especially with regards to compatibility, before a large scale roll out such as this.

      Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
      Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator
    • What a joke. Was there even a heads up about this layout being rolled out to all servers?

      I have never known a company ignore feedback to the point where they seem to be actively making decisions to annoy their loyal customer base.

      Oh well, you're about to realise what happens to corporations that don't look after their customers. I'm done unless it changes back.

      Absolute joke of a faceless money grabbing corp. Get a grip and listen to the people who pay your wages.
      Stupid Forum having to make me stupid re-register
    • Moogle wrote:

      What a joke. Was there even a heads up about this layout being rolled out to all servers?

      I have never known a company ignore feedback to the point where they seem to be actively making decisions to annoy their loyal customer base.

      Oh well, you're about to realise what happens to corporations that don't look after their customers. I'm done unless it changes back.

      Absolute joke of a faceless money grabbing corp. Get a grip and listen to the people who pay your wages.
      Yes, they did inform us well in advance. You must not be an active user of the forums which is why you didn't see it. Don't expect the company to call your home and tell you about the new forum.
    • AJR wrote:

      I am confused how you can defend this dreadful new version of a game that was perfectly user friendly and playable before - now it looks awful and is very, very hard work.
      I completely understand what you are trying to say. But look at it from a business point of view.

      Maintaining a company like TG is not easy where thousands, maybe millions play every day. Every company needs to evolve according to the times. Just because the customers like the old design, doesn't mean they have to keep it. They have an image to maintain. They don't want people to think that Travian is an old game with no real innovation. If people thought that, then TG's competitors would start overtaking them. These new changes you see are mostly for the new players who are about to start playing this game. Vets like me and many others who have played this game for 9+ years have enjoyed a lot. But now they need to start attracting a new crowd, a young one.

      A company cannot stay stagnant and must keep evolving which is why you see these new tribes and these new layouts. It's proof that TG is not old fashioned and is trying to keep up with the times. Sure, they do/can fail sometimes, but that's life.

      Learn to accept that TG will not remain the same just because it's major populations wants it to be.

      Take Microsoft for example. They announced that they were going to shut down Microsoft Paint. But millions of fans, wanted it to stay and Microsoft changed its mind because of the fans. Microsoft can afford to do that because Microsoft is a goddamn giant in a world of leprechauns. TG is no where near Microsoft and doesn't have that luxury. You will see even more changes in the future. That's how a company works.
    • Very good points about the company, but it would just appear that many parts of the game are now not useable e.g. I can no longer access ranks, reports, my troops etc. It may be because I'm on an old Mac and it can no longer cope with the changes, but it would appear that phones have the same problems.
    • AJR wrote:

      Very good points about the company, but it would just appear that many parts of the game are now not useable e.g. I can no longer access ranks, reports, my troops etc. It may be because I'm on an old Mac and it can no longer cope with the changes, but it would appear that phones have the same problems.
      I personally don't have any problems playing with the new design, it will take some time to get used to, but I can access everything just fine. Maybe try to clear your browser cache and cookies?
    • AJR wrote:

      It may be because I'm on an old Mac and it can no longer cope with the changes, but it would appear that phones have the same problems.
      Please try a different browser and make sure that it is up to date. If you are on Safari, try Chrome or Firefox. Both are available for Mac.

      And the game has never been a mobile friendly game. Being able to access it using a mobile is a what it is situation. Yes, players have been asking for a mobile friendly version or a mobile app but at this point it does not exist. If that changes, it will be announced.
      Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

      Any ideas why we're unable to see the exact CP needed by hovering over the bar on the new layout? Was this an overlook or is it gone for good?
      This may be a bug. I have not seen a bug list so am not able to see if it is a known bug. Please message Support or the Multihunter for your server and they will be able to inquire and get an answer. It may take them a bit to get an answer since the CM may need to ask HQ about the issue.
      Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      AJR wrote:

      I am confused how you can defend this dreadful new version of a game that was perfectly user friendly and playable before - now it looks awful and is very, very hard work.
      I completely understand what you are trying to say. But look at it from a business point of view.
      Maintaining a company like TG is not easy where thousands, maybe millions play every day. Every company needs to evolve according to the times. Just because the customers like the old design, doesn't mean they have to keep it. They have an image to maintain. They don't want people to think that Travian is an old game with no real innovation. If people thought that, then TG's competitors would start overtaking them. These new changes you see are mostly for the new players who are about to start playing this game. Vets like me and many others who have played this game for 9+ years have enjoyed a lot. But now they need to start attracting a new crowd, a young one.

      A company cannot stay stagnant and must keep evolving which is why you see these new tribes and these new layouts. It's proof that TG is not old fashioned and is trying to keep up with the times. Sure, they do/can fail sometimes, but that's life.

      Learn to accept that TG will not remain the same just because it's major populations wants it to be.

      Take Microsoft for example. They announced that they were going to shut down Microsoft Paint. But millions of fans, wanted it to stay and Microsoft changed its mind because of the fans. Microsoft can afford to do that because Microsoft is a goddamn giant in a world of leprechauns. TG is no where near Microsoft and doesn't have that luxury. You will see even more changes in the future. That's how a company works.
      travian competitors, who are they? Lots of people on the market for a new game....

      But yes you can't stay the same, other wise great games that everyone loves like monopoly would still be played the same way....

      Have you also maybe considered that Microsoft became a giant because it listened to the people?
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      AJR wrote:

      I am confused how you can defend this dreadful new version of a game that was perfectly user friendly and playable before - now it looks awful and is very, very hard work.
      I completely understand what you are trying to say. But look at it from a business point of view.
      Maintaining a company like TG is not easy where thousands, maybe millions play every day. Every company needs to evolve according to the times. Just because the customers like the old design, doesn't mean they have to keep it. They have an image to maintain. They don't want people to think that Travian is an old game with no real innovation. If people thought that, then TG's competitors would start overtaking them. These new changes you see are mostly for the new players who are about to start playing this game. Vets like me and many others who have played this game for 9+ years have enjoyed a lot. But now they need to start attracting a new crowd, a young one.

      A company cannot stay stagnant and must keep evolving which is why you see these new tribes and these new layouts. It's proof that TG is not old fashioned and is trying to keep up with the times. Sure, they do/can fail sometimes, but that's life.

      Learn to accept that TG will not remain the same just because it's major populations wants it to be.

      Take Microsoft for example. They announced that they were going to shut down Microsoft Paint. But millions of fans, wanted it to stay and Microsoft changed its mind because of the fans. Microsoft can afford to do that because Microsoft is a goddamn giant in a world of leprechauns. TG is no where near Microsoft and doesn't have that luxury. You will see even more changes in the future. That's how a company works.
      So your argument is that you believe Travian has intentionally alienated its existing fanbase in order to attract new, younger players?

      Are you seriously suggesting this is good or normal business practice, regardless of the size of the company?

      You're suggesting Travian wants players younger than you? So basically you think they want teenagers, yet there is no mobile version either in existence or planned? Are you serious or are you having a little giggle here?

      And do you think that idea will make us feel happy anyway - "sorry guys, Travian doesn't want your money, they want young people instead"?

      This is no different to usual, where Travian treats players with contempt, constantly installs broken things that people don't want and then ignores feedback (and even sometimes, in the reverse order). The only thing we EVER get is the same canned line that the feedback is "appreciated" (but will be ignored) or some copy/pasted response that it's being passed on to "someone".

      Edit: Oh I forgot to be constructive. Um...

      Ok, a constructive move by Travian might be to employ a developer who responds to players, listens or discusses changes.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Elisa_UK ().

    • I broke with the habit of a lifetime. I never sent anyone a negative review, but broke with that and sent one to travian. and Look what I just got?????



      Hello Monika, I am sorry to hear that. You can switch to the old layout here: old.travian.com/ Cheers, Lisa

      [/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td][/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]



      so if it is possible to still play the old version, why did they have to change our games mid game????