Travian's new look :(

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• vengeance wrote:

I broke with the habit of a lifetime. I never sent anyone a negative review, but broke with that and sent one to travian. and Look what I just got?????

Hello Monika, I am sorry to hear that. You can switch to the old layout here: old.travian.com/ Cheers, Lisa

[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td][/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]

so if it is possible to still play the old version, why did they have to change our games mid game????
      That's only the old homepage layout, there appears to be no such way to switch in game layouts.

Elisa_UK wrote:

This is no different to usual, where Travian treats players with contempt, constantly installs broken things that people don't want and then ignores feedback (and even sometimes, in the reverse order). The only thing we EVER get is the same canned line that the feedback is "appreciated" (but will be ignored) or some copy/pasted response that it's being passed on to "someone"
      I *think* travian have actually started listing player suggestion for usability etc., but there's about a year+ wait for them to be implemented, instead it seems they focus on these excellent graphical updates.

All I want is a dang drop down box option to hide troops so I don't queue them by accident wouldn't be hard to do I'm sure...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tombo457 ().

• The images in the background are also way too big. I am on VDSL connection which is fairly acceptable in my country as we do not have full fibre rollout yet, and the background doesn't completely load before I train troops in barracks and move onto next town. This almost has an epileptic effect as the background loads in 4 quarters and flash as they load from blank. Coupled with all the windows there are about 9 flashes as the page loads - multiplied by 30+ towns this isn't acceptable for health reasons of players!
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed, UK1/12 Spirit/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • On pc (17 inch screen): Everything works well, don't understand why some functions are gone (i.e hide coords), but I think the colour scheme is BETTER than the old. Should be able to facilitate a vision impared version without much bother I should think? It looks like the new page is a little bit faster loading when building something (for my part anyways).

On cell: Little to no change from the little I have tried. (Iphone 6S plus).

If there was to be some tweaking; please make the middle section bigger. No need to have the alliance bar being the same width of the town centre (almost), same with the borders around your town list; make them narrower, so the "game" gets easier to see please.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

Moogle wrote:

What a joke. Was there even a heads up about this layout being rolled out to all servers?

I have never known a company ignore feedback to the point where they seem to be actively making decisions to annoy their loyal customer base.

Oh well, you're about to realise what happens to corporations that don't look after their customers. I'm done unless it changes back.

Absolute joke of a faceless money grabbing corp. Get a grip and listen to the people who pay your wages.
      Yes, they did inform us well in advance. You must not be an active user of the forums which is why you didn't see it. Don't expect the company to call your home and tell you about the new forum.
      There was no mention of this on the UK forum, where I am an active member. And with the large number of people I know sharing my opinion, I don't think it was mentioned.

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Maintaining a company like TG is not easy where thousands, maybe millions play every day. Every company needs to evolve according to the times. Just because the customers like the old design, doesn't mean they have to keep it. They have an image to maintain. They don't want people to think that Travian is an old game with no real innovation. If people thought that, then TG's competitors would start overtaking them. These new changes you see are mostly for the new players who are about to start playing this game. Vets like me and many others who have played this game for 9+ years have enjoyed a lot. But now they need to start attracting a new crowd, a young one.

Learn to accept that TG will not remain the same just because it's major populations wants it to be.
      Innovation is all well and good but what is the point of making any change if the loyal players are not listened to? Too many times suggestions have been made that have been blatantly ignored, suggestions that would have definitely increased TG revenue if they'd not been too stubborn to implement. In the UK we have a phrase 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' - never has this phrase been so apt in so many circumstances....
      My artefacts bring all the heroes to my yard
    • Cretin_UK wrote:

The images in the background are also way too big. I am on VDSL connection which is fairly acceptable in my country as we do not have full fibre rollout yet, and the background doesn't completely load before I train troops in barracks and move onto next town. This almost has an epileptic effect as the background loads in 4 quarters and flash as they load from blank. Coupled with all the windows there are about 9 flashes as the page loads - multiplied by 30+ towns this isn't acceptable for health reasons of players!
      I have checked now at work too, with business fibre this effect does not happen, so it is a load time thing. So heads up, anyone without fibre, or latency from German HQ, is probably going to suffer from this "flashing load" effect which is pretty horrible...
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed, UK1/12 Spirit/Betrayed
    • Two things that would (based on my experience) make the main resource page look a lot better.

1. ensure exact CP is shown when hovering over bar (potential bug anyway).
      2. make the bars on at least the left hand side about 1/3rd smaller.

This would at least make it fit the page perfectly.

Oh and can we please fix the info box on the home page.....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tombo457 ().

• playingwithfire wrote:

Moogle wrote:

There was no mention of this on the UK forum, where I am an active member. And with the large number of people I know sharing my opinion, I don't think it was mentioned.
      This was posted as soon as the information was shared. This information was posted in the Announcements section.
      Can you point out where this was announced?
    • I did a bit of research into web colour schemes.

Apparently green is a good colour for nature, vitality and making people feel happy. Unfortunately, Travian has gone for bile, vomit and other green hues that remind us of bodily secretions rather than bold and vibrant greens.

Brown is universally disliked by both male and female audiences. Psychoanalytical studies state that this colour should be avoided. Many web-building platforms do not even discuss brown as an option in web design.

I also did a speedtest on the home page of UK1 server, this showed that the host is an A-grade host, but the site is 953KB (omg) and took 4.92s to load. This is only faster than 32% of sites tested. To compare, I tested my own start-up's website that I made on my own (with no web experience). This company has almost no web presence and does all business B-B (i.e. web is not so important to us, but web is 100% of travian's business). My website was B-grade host, but is a smaller page (831kb) and loaded 2x as fast (2.73s, faster than 57%)!!!

These are examples of why image size/content optimisation that I would think Travian should investigate further.
    • These changes were first brought up on April 1st 2017 too. So this wasn't exactly sprung on us, but the communication of when the changes would go wide was rather short notice. Especially in the context of the original implementation on COM / AU going poorly and being done while the forums were offline.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • BlackBlade wrote:

These changes were first brought up on April 1st 2017 too. So this wasn't exactly sprung on us, but the communication of when the changes would go wide was rather short notice. Especially in the context of the original implementation on COM / AU going poorly and being done while the forums were offline.
      Again, down to wording perhaps but there was no inference that anything more than the homepage would be updated. (quite possibly deliberately?)
    • Morning, I don't mind the colour so much, although there is way too much dark green, offering nothing, to the casual observer. To attract new players, the first impression has to get them interested, a sea of conifers doesn't invoke a strategic war game to most.
      Can we at the very least put the right sided info boxes, i.e. the village boxes back where they were? On a P.C. its almost unplayable
      Uk1: current round, HAPPY account, previously Themightyreds
      UK2: current round, Themightyreds
      Previous identities include red wyvern, red dragon and once many years ago Easter
    • Me:
      Dear Travian,

Thank you for your latest change.

Please see attached thread with feedback from your loyal customer base.

Many thanks.
      ==
      Travian:
      Dear players,

Thank you for all the positive feedback.

Our newest idea is that you can buy troops directly with gold. This idea had been very popular in a poll on our Dubai server.

Regards
      Travian
      ==
      Me:
      #Delete
    • Tombo457 wrote:

vengeance wrote:

I broke with the habit of a lifetime. I never sent anyone a negative review, but broke with that and sent one to travian. and Look what I just got?????

Hello Monika, I am sorry to hear that. You can switch to the old layout here: old.travian.com/ Cheers, Lisa

[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td][/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]

so if it is possible to still play the old version, why did they have to change our games mid game????
      That's only the old homepage layout, there appears to be no such way to switch in game layouts.

Elisa_UK wrote:

This is no different to usual, where Travian treats players with contempt, constantly installs broken things that people don't want and then ignores feedback (and even sometimes, in the reverse order). The only thing we EVER get is the same canned line that the feedback is "appreciated" (but will be ignored) or some copy/pasted response that it's being passed on to "someone"
      I *think* travian have actually started listing player suggestion for usability etc., but there's about a year+ wait for them to be implemented, instead it seems they focus on these excellent graphical updates.
      All I want is a dang drop down box option to hide troops so I don't queue them by accident wouldn't be hard to do I'm sure...

I must admit, I didn't even try the new link, or shall I say I clicked on it and it gave me the opportunity to start a new server.

Not likely!!!

And all we are asking for is that the devs make their changes around a parameter that is inviolable. all the boxes need to be of a size that they all fit on the screen and are accessible without excessive scrolling up or down or sideways and the text remains large enough to be easy to read. Is this really asking for too much???

This really brings home to me how very often we have these "sessions " on the forum, and how unhappy I am every time the game changes to something I didn't want. The world around me changes so much, most of it out of my control, and in a way I do not always wish for, so at least, when I get to spend some relaxation time, I want it my way. Travian has definitely signposted my way ( the highway) for me, in the past I just kept ignoring it because down in there, underneath all the graphic rubbish is an excellent game. or at least there was.
      Still, this time I will follow the signpost .... it is the button marked delete
    • playingwithfire wrote:

Please try a different browser and make sure that it is up to date. If you are on Safari, try Chrome or Firefox. Both are available for Mac.
      Making your players jump trough hoops to get your game working after updates sound a bit lazy and insulting. I understand it as an emergency measure, a temporary solution, but I seriously hope there are actual fixes being made. It has been a day already and that is a lot of time for a company to roll out a hotfix.