Travian's new look :(

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Cretin_UK wrote:

Cretin_UK wrote:

The images in the background are also way too big. I am on VDSL connection which is fairly acceptable in my country as we do not have full fibre rollout yet, and the background doesn't completely load before I train troops in barracks and move onto next town. This almost has an epileptic effect as the background loads in 4 quarters and flash as they load from blank. Coupled with all the windows there are about 9 flashes as the page loads - multiplied by 30+ towns this isn't acceptable for health reasons of players!
      I have checked now at work too, with business fibre this effect does not happen, so it is a load time thing. So heads up, anyone without fibre, or latency from German HQ, is probably going to suffer from this "flashing load" effect which is pretty horrible...
      I've only got 6MB/s (at best) ADSL and I don't experience it at all. Maybe being closer to Germany helps...
    • logos_UK wrote:

Making your players jump trough hoops to get your game working after updates sound a bit lazy and insulting. I understand it as an emergency measure, a temporary solution, but I seriously hope there are actual fixes being made. It has been a day already and that is a lot of time for a company to roll out a hotfix.
      Unfortunately, not all browsers play nicely with the game. And this is true of Safari. (I am speaking from personal experience with Safari and know for a fact it doesn't play nicely not only with this game but other websites as well.) Sometimes trying a different browser will solve the issues he was playing.
      Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • playingwithfire wrote:

Unfortunately, not all browsers play nicely with the game. And this is true of Safari. (I am speaking from personal experience with Safari and know for a fact it doesn't play nicely not only with this game but other websites as well.) Sometimes trying a different browser will solve the issues he was playing.
      You have no comment then on the fact that this change to servers was never actually announced, like you claimed it was?
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • Im going to be contrary and say i like the new look. I like it when things are upgraded. They havent even done that much to it in my eyes.
      They have just tweaked some of the colours, buttons and backgrounds but still kept the overall feel and position of the main features of the game. Certainly looks way better than the bland old school whiteness and block colours.

Everyone is getting faster internet speeds, better cables and routers, bigger RAM and better PCs - whats the problem with upgrading the graphics every few years?

Hell - even my phone has 3MB of RAM which is better than some frigging laptops?

Travian has never been a mobile phone game - for some reason they have always resisted this. They dont even do a mobile friendly site. Ive always had to scroll and zoom in when playing on a phone. This will give them a major issues in years to come as all the youngsters now have grown up glued to their phones and wont have a laptop or PC and Trav will get left behind.

Im on Android and PC/Chrome and the new graphics work just the same.
    • Just to add a bit of positivity: I'm a big fan of the new in-game layout, and a change is always a breath of fresh air. I'm no Travian veteran, so maybe I'm less 'stuck in my ways'? The new colours used seem so much more aesthetically pleasing.

My only criticism would be that the buildings weren't changed. A more realistic touch to them would have been more fitting to the new landscape.

I may be biased, I've done a lot of art, graphic and product design work.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
    • WIM wrote:

Just to add a bit of positivity: I'm a big fan of the new in-game layout, and a change is always a breath of fresh air. I'm no Travian veteran, so maybe I'm less 'stuck in my ways'? The new colours used seem so much more aesthetically pleasing.

My only criticism would be that the buildings weren't changed. A more realistic touch to them would have been more fitting to the new landscape.

I may be biased, I've done a lot of art, graphic and product design work.
      I thought you were more famous for being an actor?
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • I have just joined uk2 to see what the changes are. So far, game play appears to be the same, although appearances have changed a lot. I have been playing travian for a long time now, so have seen and endured a lot of changes in the game.
      Please keep reporting any difficulties you have ingame but remember that nothing stays the same, everything evolves over time and changes will happen
    • Horrible,
      Somebody died?
      If I look out side it rains
      If I look at my Travian screen it looks like dawn
      I'm getting depressed......
      The room of my old grandma looked like this, brown from grease and tabacco-smoke....ugh I almost smell it when I look at my screen.

Did I asked for this change?
      Did anybody?
      Please for one time do what your customers and players ask you to do
      This really looks terrible!

And what about the inconsistency between servers? On S1.NL daily missions are on top of villages. On S3.NL it's villages on top of daily missions.
      This day everybody has a wide-screen ratio al least 16:9 Why design an interface that needs vertical scrolling? You can do better than that. can't you?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Keiji: Removing Swearing ().

• Lol it is 2017. People are working on Web 3.0. Everywhere you see applications working on all kinds of devices.
      And Travian? Travian manages to produce a theme that is even less compatible with mobile devices than the last theme.

Please revert this theme until you have a solution for mobile devices.
    • Well I think the new color scheme is the best thing ever, when I open Travian up at 4am I no longer get blinded.

Edit: Also you have to think of the new kids that happen to be looking for a strategy war game, if they don't update the looks every few years people are going to play one that has more eye candy.