Travian's new look :(

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Absolutely terrible! It's actually so bad that it makes me consider stopping playing the game. Everything looks dark, murky and depressing. There should be an option to use the old graphics.

Also, now I have to scroll down everytime I want to see the task overview. Before it fit in the same window with the resource fields.

Can't believe someone thought this was a good idea.
    • It simply doesn't work for me... I have to manually scroll the screen to the right every time i need to change villa / click on marketplace / barracks / stables etc (basically every 2-3rd click, and on phone its glitchy at best, only really works if i play with the phone tilted horizontally. They've made a quick and easy to use interface pretty .... but also pretty awkward to use.
    • Among my friends I have two players who are visually impaired. One is now at the point they can virtually not play.

This is beyond frustrating. The contrast has been destroyed on many of the most-used features. Several features are inexplicably gone (the ability to hide coordinates, the hover text over the cp). The layout is even BIGGER, making it even harder to use on mobile. You made a whole new skin we didn't ask for and you've ignored our years of pleas for a simple, basic mobile skin - all we asked for was the ability to send farm lists and NPC. We told you during the beta rollout that there were problems and you have still forced them on us all. How can you think it's perfectly ok to make visually-impaired players unable to even play anymore? WHY do you push new features in the middle of a server when we have told you this is poor practice? And where is the emoji to bash my head on a wall?

I know the chance that anyone in Travian headquarters will EVER listen to players is about zero, but can you at least consider giving us the option to select the old skin on the login page?
    • Elisa_UK wrote:

Among my friends I have two players who are visually impaired. One is now at the point they can virtually not play.

This is beyond frustrating. The contrast has been destroyed on many of the most-used features. Several features are inexplicably gone (the ability to hide coordinates, the hover text over the cp). The layout is even BIGGER, making it even harder to use on mobile. You made a whole new skin we didn't ask for and you've ignored our years of pleas for a simple, basic mobile skin - all we asked for was the ability to send farm lists and NPC. We told you during the beta rollout that there were problems and you have still forced them on us all. How can you think it's perfectly ok to make visually-impaired players unable to even play anymore? WHY do you push new features in the middle of a server when we have told you this is poor practice? And where is the emoji to bash my head on a wall?

I know the chance that anyone in Travian headquarters will EVER listen to players is about zero, but can you at least consider giving us the option to select the old skin on the login page?
      Excellently said. Once again HQ push something out using their favourite thought 'oh eventually they'll get used to it'.

Who decided to make the daily quest button take up half a page?

Goes back to the age old question, does anyone at Trav actually play the game? Do they ever play on mobile like the rest of us or do they just play at work?
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • Don't really mind the colour scheme, but on ipad it appears fundamentally broken. The icons going down the middle of the screen (EDIT: see above, although not that bad for me), some buttons hidden behind other parts of the page, and as said the disappearance of the culture points info when hovering over the bar is annoying.

Not sure if its my internet at this particular moment but it is possibly worse performing also, even on PC.
    • What an awful addition to the game, Like mentioned several times above, this makes it incredibly difficult to play on mobile devices, not only that but its just painful to the eye, its a really bad example of a user interface, it just needs to be simple! I guess the most likely outcome of this is the ability to "change it back" TG won't get rid of the interface entirely.

Your community have been begging for a mobile friendly interface for years and what you decide to give us is this mess? your supposed to listen to your community, instead once again you are implementing something stupid mid server, that is only making things harder for everyone.

I feel sorry for those people who are visually impaired, but at the same time I guess they are the lucky ones, they don't have to fall subject to anymore of your ridiculously stupid updates...

I guess now we are just waiting on HQ to respond with "Sorry, we are unable to change it back to the old design"

The post was edited 3 times, last by m.hudson ().

• Good to know all the additional money made by forcing new gold based features into the game has been put to good use.... think I'm probably done with travian after this server too, not because I don't like the game but because I'm sick of all the changes being so very different to what any players actually want. Fool me once, this is the 4th time.
    • I am so glad I am not the only one who hates this new look. We are obviously paying travian far too much money if it gives them the time to waste on such a rubbish update. If I don't want to scroll up and down and side to side to get at what I want I have to reduce the size so much that I cannot read anyting. How people cope who play on a phone is beyond me.
      If the old one is not reinstated within 24 hours, I will hit the delete button. Am already selling all my weapons etc now in readyness, as the powers that be never listen to us anyways.

Having played this game since the very first server, I think I now have really truly finally had enough and this screen is the last straw.
      as I said , unless the previous one is reinstated I am outa here.....
      so this mail is also my good bye rto all my friends that I made here over the years and all my enemies, some of you were truly great adversaries!

BYE
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

Think I'm probably done with travian after this server too, not because I don't like the game but because I'm sick of all the changes being so very different to what any players actually want. Fool me once, this is the 4th time.
      I'll be gone after this server too unless something changes.
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this new layout completely hideous. The village is so... clean. It was more realistic before with the stones all over the paths, etc. And I have a large, wide monitor so that I can have the browser and coding platform open at the same time and now, I have to scroll sideways to view different parts of the site.

And I agree with the other's above. The colouring is dark and depressing. And my first thought was that I'm going to end the game.
    • Hi all

Thanks for your feedback so far. I understand it can be frustrating when something doesn't work as expected because of an update. All I ask is that your feedback remains constructive as most of it has been so far.

While the new layout works okay for me on my phone, I can see others are having quite serious problems impacting their game play. Keep sending your constructive feedback through and we can ensure it's passed on.

Also, if you notice any issues that haven't already been mentioned, do add them here and we can pass this on as well.

Thanks
      Hawk
    • i M GLAD TO HEAR THAT I M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE NEW LOOK.

PLZ do something :)
      youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg1ahV552g
      Speedx3: Pussy (~E)
      Anciens serveur: S8: Karma(T&Q) S3: -Arrow-(S*T&Q) ; S8 Balisto(-clash-) RoA x2 : Croc-blanc (BuBiz) Connu sous les pseudo: fex974ibm , -Arrow- , ANIL Lointains serveurs: 666BAFFE, ~wh.fdc~ , ~£B~ (hares)
      Languages : Turkçe , Français , English