Pinned Mafia Hosting 2.0

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Mafia Hosting 2.0

Due to the difficulty of updating the old thread for mafia hosting (we needed to contact a mod whenever we wanted to do so), I thought we needed a new one. Although there still isn't too much competition for hosting, it is more difficult to follow the threads in this forum's setup. This thread will allow us to keep track of currently running and past games as well as the list of future hosts.

Please post here if you want to be added to the host queue, and follow this thread if you want to stay updated on the current mafia round.

Past Rounds:
      TB's Nobody Expects the Mafia! [Round 1]
      MK's Self Defense Against Fruit [Round 2]

Open Signups:
      Eric's hosting.

Current Round:
      <None>

Host Queue:
      <Empty>

<Last Update: 22-Sep-2017>

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Burninator ().

• Are we having another round? I think we've waited long enough
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • I will host if someone can co-host with me. I get confused with all the balancing shit.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• Eric Rasputin wrote:

I will host if someone can co-host with me. I get confused with all the balancing shit.
      "Fair" mafia number is 1 mafia out of 4 players rounded down.

If it's 3/12, that's exactly 1/4 -- be careful giving mafia strong power roles (like janitor). Instead, give the town some good power roles. If it's 3/14, give the mafia a janitor. See how that flies?

If you're going to do something bizarre, balancing is out the window anyway. No games with wolves are ever balanced, for example :p.

"Is my game reasonable?" -> ask this question: "Will a worst-play situation for town in the first 3 KPs still allow town to survive to KP4?" If the answer is "yes, but they will pretty screwballed after that," then your game is probably reasonable. That's the check I always use, and my games are, I like to think, fairly well-balanced usually :p. (Wolves change this -- then you should assume a worst play reasonable scenario instead, because worst-possible would be that the wolf eats everything and the game ends for sure. You don't have to plan for that :p.)

If you actually need a co-host (more guidance than the above), I can do that -- provided you do most of the work then just let me check it for balance. We're usually low on players, though, so dropping two for hosting might be lots!

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?
    • Lets see about that

• Is this a game based on town of salem?
      If so I'd like to join.
      ~ 22/06/2017, על מנת צמצום עלויות הוכרז רשמית על הריגת הפורום ~
      ~ In 15/07/2017 began the slow and painful death ~
      ~ In 31/07/2017 a few survivors were discovered in the ruins ~

• Hell's Lullaby wrote:

Is this a game based on town of salem?
      If so I'd like to join.
      Sort of....it's the right idea, anyway :p.

Unfortunately it looks like the community here for the game has gone away with the forum switcheroo. We can try to gauge interest for another game, but I suspect that there won't be enough people around to run a good round.

odinloki_us wrote:

• Mouse-Keyboard wrote:

The Burninator wrote:

Unfortunately it looks like the community here for the game has gone away with the forum switcheroo. We can try to gauge interest for another game, but I suspect that there won't be enough people around to run a good round.
      Who would have guessed that shutting down the forums for a month and changing peoples' usernames might make people leave?
      Take yo' salt and bring it somewhere it might be useful MK. For example: the dinner table. (I have to get salt at the grocery store what is this?)

If there's going to be interest in this again, maybe we should try running one. I'll have a little time around turkey day so I can start one around then...

odinloki_us wrote:

• The Burninator wrote:

Mouse-Keyboard wrote:

The Burninator wrote:

Who would have guessed that shutting down the forums for a month and changing peoples' usernames might make people leave?
      Take yo' salt and bring it somewhere it might be useful MK. For example: the dinner table. (I have to get salt at the grocery store what is this?)
      If there's going to be interest in this again, maybe we should try running one. I'll have a little time around turkey day so I can start one around then...
      We ran the last two. Maybe Kerzi, she said she would host after me.
    • Aight, update me privatelly if anything happens please.
      ~ 22/06/2017, על מנת צמצום עלויות הוכרז רשמית על הריגת הפורום ~
      ~ In 15/07/2017 began the slow and painful death ~
      ~ In 31/07/2017 a few survivors were discovered in the ruins ~