Where is Everyone?

• TS1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Foley?_COM wrote:

I thought this was going to be a large server.

Folks do seem to be a bit slow in spawning.... Hope that changes soon.
      And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
      - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
    • I think the problem is that Travian decided to open s1 and the anniversary server very close together. I think the majority of people on s1 are with a group so not a lot of fodder accounts. All the fodder is on the anniversary server. I don't know this for sure as I am on neither server.

Travian really needs to start consolidating their servers. I cannot believe how low the populations numbers are on servers recently. I am on s3 and there are 4? alliances with more than 30 members. NONE with even close to 60. In the "good ol' days" we had two full alliances of 60 people and were not considered a meta as the metas had 3-4+. At this point a full 60 man alliance is a meta. ||
    • The anniversary server is invite only so I don't think all of the fodder is there.

But yes, I agree that Travian needs to do some consolidation. The largest alliance in us4 (arties released a few weeks ago) has only 45 members. Back when I first played most of the alliances in the top 10 would have over 45 players each. We've got only 4 alliances here with over 30 players here too.

Kurtz wrote:

We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!

FA Belladonna wrote:

Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.
    • I think so as I received an email about it the other day and glanced at it before I deleted it. I htink I actually clicked on the link but since the new home page doesn't give you any information anymore when you click on "register" or "log in", who knows. It just lists server names anymore. It used to give you like, population numbers and days the server has been active, but nope. Now it's just a list of servers. Just one more reason I am retiring again after s3 is over. I always looked at the register screen to see what day we were on. Sigh.
    • S1 started in august because you asked for it to be delayed it would have started much earlier otherwise.

The birthday Special does not start until near the end next month
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • m.hudson wrote:

S1 started in august because you asked for it to be delayed it would have started much earlier otherwise.

The birthday Special does not start until near the end next month
      I know you meant the proverbial "you"... the royal "we".

I did not know the timings and I am sorry for assuming. But, Mister m.hudson, and anyone paying attention, does this not concern you? Does the population numbers not concern HQ? Since you stated that the Anniversary server did not even start yet, and the hype and push for s1 to be a "reunion" server, and that is all the population numbers we could come up with? Consolidation of servers needs to truly be considered. Even maybe a consolidation of some domains.

Edit: As stated I am on s3 and the active accounts for s3? 198. 198! WW Plans drop in like 4 days.........
    • Well game matters are not my remit ;) numbers globally are down which is why things like special servers are important to try new things.

The issues with forum rollout, homepage rollour, server starts etc all affected both UK2 and US1 server starts and numbers are lower than usual but these things are outside of the control of domain staff. We can only make the best of what is essentially a bad situation with bugs and timings
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• I understand and I know you are not the one to mention those things to, you are just a community manager. Thanks for what you do, dealing with manic Travian addicts and such.

Maybe us Travian vets should just enjoy the memories of the old times and let them (Trav HQ) try and figure out how to make it as memorable as it used to be for the "newer" and new people. I just don't know, but in it's current form where you only have 500 people signing up for new servers and less than 200 people active at the end of a server, it does not look good.
    • Well, in the good old days, a person could check into the US forums and see a posting of upcoming servers. This hot mess of a forum is terrible. The homepage is com and no us1 was announced that I could find. It's a miracle I could find my way here. And then the registration was botched, with announcing the reg. date and start date - then, wait, no more reg. I mean get your poop together and maybe communicate well?

While I'm here (and I apologize profusely for hijacking this thread at all), there were several glitches for me on us3 yesterday. I posted in the bugs section (stupid me), and was informed that that is only for the almighty com servers. As I can not find the US forum page, just the politics and diplomacy page, can someone please point out to me where in the heck the bug section is for the US forum?

Edit - OK, mhudson helped me a lot. And, of course, it was user error. When I first went to settings, I clicked English. Apparently there are three different ones. I clicked the first being (COM), and didn't even notice the rest. My bad. I will now expect derisive laughter and comments.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hermes: I am the idiot, after all. And half blind, too. ().

• Hermes please follow the Forum User Guide

That explains how to just see US forum posts by setting your multi-lingual (otherwise known as domain) settings.
      If you choose to use multiple domains then you need to ensure that the thread language is set to US domain when you create it by setting the language to US English.

US1 start delay was discussed at length on the old forum as well as being announced here. prior to its start

The issues with pre-registration was because HQ changed the roll out of the new main page (which does not have pre-reg) this again was announced.

The problem with registering at server start time was due to a bug and was reported to HQ within 10 minutes and resolved within 20 mins of the servers planned start time you can find the thread containing the announcement and updates inthis thread.

For game bugs either report in game to support or post in the bugs forum ensuring you set the language to US English

If you find a genuine issue that was not communicated please do let me know in a PM but posting incorrect information is not particularly helpful to others following this thread
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Foley?_COM wrote:

I thought this was going to be a large server.
      Indeed.. I thought we were going to have enough people for a 4 way battle.. Looks like General Mayhem is going to erect his own statue in the place of Robert E. Lee..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • The Burninator wrote:

There's at least enough for a 2 way, right? See anything viable in SE or NE? I'm asking because I'm trash and I can't tell :p
      Im in the s/e and my milkshake brought a whole bunch of sexiness with me but alas, it's no where near enough to build a ww.......even if we wanted to..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.