#AskTravian 2: Questions about game development!

• #AskTravian 2: Questions about game development!

Greetings community,

Welcome to the second iteration of #AskTravian - direct dialogue between the Game Center and the community!

Have you ever wondered how the game is being developed? What it takes to create a successful game? How many people involved in the process? Then this thread is for you. In the second round of our regular event #AskTravian we'll collect and answer your questions about game development.

How it works:

From today till 28.08.2017 you can post one question in this thread. Travian Team will gather all the questions worldwide and check out the most asked and/or most interesting ones. After that the developers of Travian will answer your questions and we will be back to you with a nice video proof of it as soon as possible!

Please, keep in mind, that you can ask questions about the development of the game in general, art, history, process. However, we don’t have option to answer base knowledge questions (How can I train more troops?) or discuss bans/complaints about staff. For those questions please contact Customer Service.

Missed the first part of #AskTravian video? You can watch it here!

We are looking forward to your questions!

Your Travian Legends team
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Not so much a question but a suggestion; it would be nice if yo included a preference for skin tone for the hero appearance.

Are there plans for mobile optimization?

Is there a way to store the graphics locally so the page load is quicker? or a graphics lite option?

Is there a bot server for people to play their bots against each other? I know it is against the rules to use software to play the game but I am pretty sure that people do it, maybe it would be cool for them to have a bots only or bot allowed server where it's ok to use them. It might be fun to try to hack without being multi-hunted, maybe it would be a disaster as a single AI dominates the server in a matter of seconds, I don't know...

Anyway thanks for running a cool game, let me know if you are hiring I like working with databases.

Cheers,

OE
    • The Otter Emperor_US wrote:

Not so much a question but a suggestion; it would be nice if yo included a preference for skin tone for the hero appearance.

Are there plans for mobile optimization?

Is there a way to store the graphics locally so the page load is quicker? or a graphics lite option?

Is there a bot server for people to play their bots against each other? I know it is against the rules to use software to play the game but I am pretty sure that people do it, maybe it would be cool for them to have a bots only or bot allowed server where it's ok to use them. It might be fun to try to hack without being multi-hunted, maybe it would be a disaster as a single AI dominates the server in a matter of seconds, I don't know...

Anyway thanks for running a cool game, let me know if you are hiring I like working with databases.

Cheers,

OE

Mobile question was answered in #AskTravian 1
      Travian Games develop an app for iOS/Android that is reliable for veteran players and even attracts new players?
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mod Deadpool: Fixed url. ().

• Naughty wrote:

When are you going to fix the issue with the homepage that stop's people registering/logging in to new servers?

When are you going to gain Tech Staff with the competence to start a server at the correct speed?
      I wont be submitting either of those questions for the following reasons:

1) Main-page update was rolled out today and the patch notes for the next maintenance also fix registration issues/login issues.

2) This is not relevant as the question is for the development team not tech/sys support which are a completely different department
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• m.hudson wrote:

Naughty wrote:

When are you going to fix the issue with the homepage that stop's people registering/logging in to new servers?

When are you going to gain Tech Staff with the competence to start a server at the correct speed?
      I wont be submitting either of those questions for the following reasons:
      1) Main-page update was rolled out today and the patch notes for the next maintenance also fix registration issues/login issues.

2) This is not relevant as the question is for the development team not tech/sys support which are a completely different department

Perhaps you could pass on to the correct departments in that case. Because it seems a bit silly to start new server's if people can't register on them.
    • The issues with UK2 and US1 were bother raised with the relevant department. that is why a fix was developed and rolled out today and also in the maintenance next week.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager