Ask Travian #2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ask Travian #2

Greetings community,

Welcome to the second iteration of #AskTravian - direct dialogue between the Game Center and the community!

Have you ever wondered how the game is being developed? What it takes to create a successful game? How many people involved in the process? Then this thread is for you. In the second round of our regular event #AskTravian we'll collect and answer your questions about game development.

How it works:

From today till 28.08.2017 you can post one question in this thread. Travian Team will gather all the questions worldwide and check out the most asked and/or most interesting ones. After that the developers of Travian will answer your questions and we will be back to you with a nice video proof of it as soon as possible!

Please, keep in mind, that you can ask questions about the development of the game in general, art, history, process. However, we don’t have option to answer base knowledge questions (How can I train more troops?) or discuss bans/complaints about staff. For those questions please contact Customer Service.

Missed the first part of #AskTravian video? You can watch it here!

We are looking forward to your questions!

Your Travian Legends team
      New sig coming soon!!
    • Will we say any changes made to the existing Tribe's, or the new ones for that case to make the game more balanced? It seems as if the Romans/Gauls have been made slightly irrelevant. Teutons/Hun's are now clearly the top contender's when it comes to offense, and Romans are arguably the only tribe that cannot contend on Defence.

#AskTravian
    • How is it possible that players with no raiding all server can make wwk armies with over 20k catas?
      Calculation wise, his account cannot produce the needed resources to feed current troops and train new troops, so how is that possible?
      Answer is: Garages
      Why do you allow people to use garages and are not banned on the excuse that the garage account can produce lvl 20 defense? That is the same as having a Multi account and is ruining the game!!!
    • What is technically possible and legal to fetch from external tools, besides the following 2:

1) Fetching all map information: map.sql
      2) Fetching the hero image: hero_body.php

Does travian provide any other public information per server?

#AskTravian

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frisian_COM ().

• #AskTravian

When MH actions will get at least some visibility? How long will you allow single person have so much power over a server?

Recent examples (and please don't tell me we are not allowed to discuss a ban, I'm not discussing a ban, I don't care about explanation of particular bans listed below, I'm discussing a policy):
      - a WW holding account was banned, released in about 14 hours with no punishment and a message that it was banned by mistake. How on the earth a WW account can be banned by mistake? How many less important account were banned by mistake? Do you understand that ban of an account for 14 hour is a punishment by itself and that ban of ww holding account even for a few hour can be game changing mistake (if that was a mistake)?;
      -a friend of mine recently had an account deleted on beta, without any warning. Response from admins is generic - the account was not played for it's own benefit, no details what this particular account did. Last ROA noticeable amount of players were banned for using a script. No one ever told them what script they were "using". Somehow players have an obligation to proof that they not guilty and not the other way around. Does TG still belong to civilized world?
      - at the same time top raiding on qualification servers is ridiculously high, no way getting such numbers by farming the map fair and square; some accounts have no shame and drawing pictures settling multies around potential WWKs in boonies but still not getting banned. Basically looks like MHs doing whatever they want, there is no consistency. I understand some things are hard to proof, but as you can see above MHs don't need solid proof in many other cases.

End of rant.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Templar Knight: removed specific ban statement and accusation. ().

• Thank you Rainbow, useful articles!

I also wonder can some explain how the Pouch of the Thief does work? Does it mean that If my hero attacks with a Equites Imperatoris, who can normally carry 100 resources, it will be able to carry 110 resources now ? I tested it, and it didn't work like that... (
    • Atila_Hun wrote:

Thank you Rainbow, useful articles!

I also wonder can some explain how the Pouch of the Thief does work? Does it mean that If my hero attacks with a Equites Imperatoris, who can normally carry 100 resources, it will be able to carry 110 resources now ? I tested it, and it didn't work like that... (
      It let's you "cranny dip" - i.e. if the guy you are attacking has 2000 cranny capacity, you will be able to get 200 of that (of each resource)

Animis opibusque parati
    • JahRay_COM wrote:

Is it possible to demerge troops that have been merged or would you have to merge them back into the village they came from etc?
      Also - how do the smithy upgrades affect merged troops?
      You'd have to merge them back into the other village.

Merged troops use the smithy upgrades of the village they're merged in to. So if you only plan to use the troops from one village, but produce from multiple, you can save the upgrades in the other villages.

Animis opibusque parati