Travian: Fire & Sand Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Travian: Fire & Sand Discussion Thread

Hey Folks

Welcome to the Travian: Fire & Sand Server

As with all new features and anniversary servers we want your feedback.

Please leave your feedback in the thread below and we will pass it to HQ each week
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • I don't oversee the game side but i have poked the Customer Services Rep to see if there is any update on when this will be resolved.

If you could raise a support ticket in-game by messaging support it will also highlight the issue and the ticket can be passed direct to techsupport if required
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • I'm an Egyptian in this ..... trying it out to see how it is (like 50% of the players).

I thought initially that the mass of cheap to build defence would be good against roman hammers ..... now i'm thinking about how I can feed enough of them to make it worthwhile .... and they are sooo slow.

Wishing I was a Gaul already :)
    • Iron Will wrote:

The Daily Quests list still includes attacking/ raiding a Natarian village. Will there be any with the absence of the Wonders of the World? (The quest description also mentions the Wonders)
      There are Natarian villages on the Fire and Sand Beta server, so one would assume there will be on the open server as well.
      And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
      - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
    • Iron Will wrote:

Meherrin wrote:

There are Natarian villages on the Fire and Sand Beta server, so one would assume there will be on the open server as well.
      But the description about Fire and Sand talks about there being no Wonders of the World (still mentioned in the Daily Quests), so why would there be Natars?
      I cannot comment on the internal logic, although I can make up stories in my head about the dispossessed Natarians slowly attempting to reclaim their (presumably antediluvian) homeland.

All I can tell you is they are there, and I raid them every day fir points.
      And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
      - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez
    • Iron Will wrote:

Meherrin wrote:

But the description about Fire and Sand talks about there being no Wonders of the World (still mentioned in the Daily Quests), so why would there be Natars?
      Some villages of deleted accounts turn into natar villages. This happens both on Legends servers and in RoA/Fire and Sand

Animis opibusque parati
    • When will there be a x3 using the new format ie victory points insteadof a ww
      The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness
      they always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
    • Egyptian Slaves?

Hello,

I have a big problem with this, at first I was incredibly excited to be able to play as an Egyptian- it brought me back to the game and I even bought gold which I'm usually hesitant to do, but I was so interested in this idea.

However, as soon as I built a barracks and realised that the Egyptians are using slaves, I was instantly massively disappointed and it's made me quite sad about the whole situation.

Firstly, as far as I am aware there is no evidence to suggest that Egyptians used slaves, and secondly there is a massive moral issue of using slaves in general- I don't want to build my villages on the foundation of slavery, that is wrong.

Also practically the slave troop is not good at all, it will cost far too much wheat. For these reasons I am not only skipping it entirely, but if I get any as a reward from an adventure I will only send them to their death because I don't want to have them. It's far too much negativity having slaves in my villages.

I would hope you'd consider changing at least the name, if not removing them entirely and replacing them with something far more suitable. I would suggest a cheap archer troop which has low attack but moderate-high defense against cavalry and infantry, and make them more expensive to make up for their better defensive capabilities.

Then the other troops would also be defensive, but perhaps less so, and having more attack, and then of course you have high cost troops which are better at everything.

I would really appreciate at least the removal of the word ''slave''. You could call them Militia Recruit or something as a placeholder until you work out something more appropriate?

I could completely understand including slaves if you were putting them in a tribe of people which would have slaves, but as Egyptians didn't to my knowledge, that was quite the shock.

Thanks for reading.
    • Sonder wrote:

Firstly, as far as I am aware there is no evidence to suggest that Egyptians used slaves
      There is plenty of Evidence. Slavery was enstated around the time of the New Kingdom (~1500 BC) and continued into the Hellenistic period as well - I don't know when the practice stopped exactly, but the Hellenistic period didn't end until ~31 BC. Considering slavery was common in the Roman Empire too, I'd guess it continued on after that too, since Egypt became a part of the Roman Empire. Of course the amount of slavery would have varied over the period, but it was certainly present.

In general, slavery was common in antiquity. Greece, Rome (both republic and empire), Egypt, Persia and so on.

Indeed, the slave populace of Ancient Athens was very likely larger than the number of actual citizens and foreign residents ("metics") - i.e. "free" people - combined.

Source: I have studied/study this stuff.

Don't want to comment on the rest of your post, but figured I could at least make factual corrections.

Animis opibusque parati
    • Tiny Clanger_UK wrote:

I'm an Egyptian in this ..... trying it out to see how it is (like 50% of the players).

I thought initially that the mass of cheap to build defence would be good against roman hammers ..... now i'm thinking about how I can feed enough of them to make it worthwhile .... and they are sooo slow.

Wishing I was a Gaul already :)
      Feeding is really not that tough if you're an Egyptian. Take a good look at the Waterworks.. Your croppers become ridiculously valuable if you do it right.

~f
      Some know me as feanor (~f) Others as The Old Wolf. (~tow) but no matter what, there's always a moment you know.