Simming Guide To Settling (Speed)

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Simming Guide To Settling (Speed)

Introduction
      This guide is written for Travian 4.4 speed servers. It can be used for any tribe in the game. It should be noted that this is primarily a simming guide. I know that Travian is still considered a war game (even including all the changes that were added in the latest versions). Keeping that in mind this is mostly a starting guide meaning it serves as help for the beginning of the server. Also remember that hours or days in this guide are considered since the account was registered, not since the start of the server. As I was writing this guide, I was playing a server, which means this technique was tested in reality and is easily accomplishable with activity and only activity. I wasn`t using any gold, except the one obtained through auctions.
      Not to take this any further let`s get it started.

0-24 Hours - Fields
      Personally best time to register would be somewhere between 4-16 hours since server start. As soon as you register, there is only one thing you got to keep in mind and those are resource fields. They are your only source of income at this stage so they must take the highest priority. Follow the quests, but only those that give you bigger rewards then you actually spend on completing it.
      Hero is a second factor that you have to keep in mind for now. He is mostly a farmer so put any points you get on him into the resource production. If you manage to get 50 hero XP in your daily quest that`s a really nice bonus, as you`ll be able to level him up even faster.
      You are not building any troops right now, but that doesn`t mean you should not raid. You`ll get 3 troops from first 10 adventures and additional 2 troops from the task. You won`t clear the oasis, you have to keep those cages to get gold later on, the same goes for ointments. But eventually someone around you will clear an oasis. Once you find a cleared one send your troops on it. You won`t earn much but it`s better than having your troops standing. Some things should be instant built, a rule I use for myself is all that takes more than half an hour to complete.

Here`s a list of what should be completed during your first 24 hours:
      All resource fields LV 6 (huge exception is iron fields which should be LV 5 and wheat which should be at half of the production of clay).
      Warehouse and granary as you wish but upgrading warehouse to 7 gives you a nice reward and it is needed to build the residence to LV 10.
      Other buildings should be only ones that give more reward than their initial cost (barracks,cranny,marketplace etc.).

24-40 Hours - Residence
      This part is pretty much self forward. After completing things required in first 24 hours you have a nice production to get that residence to LV 10 in no time. To complete this part as fast as possible use NPC (you have 30 starting gold, use it). This can easily be done in 16 hours or even less, depending how good you are with managing and obtaining resources. As soon this is done advance to the next step. Finish only tasks that give bigger reward than there is cost to complete them. In this stage you`ll finish your 10 adventures and be able to trade in auctions. This is your main source of gold, so use it. Sell any cages, ointments, bandages you have. Everything you get after 10 adventures is random so if you get lucky you could get artworks, shields, or some popular right hand items. The factor you take in using auctions is the size of the server. The bigger the server the higher the prices. By doing this I managed to get 30k silver on the server I`m playing right now during first few days. But you don`t need that amount. 10k silver is all you need for a gold club. Aim for that and the rest of the gold use as you wish.

Here`s a list of what should be completed during your first 40 hours:
      Residence LV 10
      Granary LV 6 or 7, you`ll need to upgrade it to train settlers.

40-56 Hours - Settlers
      Again a self forward part. Train 3 settlers and send them as fast as possible. Most important topic now is where to settle. If you use gold then 15C cropper is a way to go. But a sizeable part of players don`t use it for various reasons, including me. In that case a 9C is what I recommend. Anything with 100%+ is excellent. Use gold club to find one, or if you dont have it yet use an old fashioned way. Hover over a map with your mouse until you find a 9C. To shorten your time try to hover around 25 and 50% wheat oasis. 12- 16 hours to complete this step is reasonable and makes it very easy to settle on what you want.

Here`s a list of what should be completed during your first 56 hours:
      3 settlers.
      Some infrastructure (academy, smithy, upgrade marketplace to atleast LV 3)

Conclusion of This Guide
      Being active and getting some gold from auctions should make this easily doable. It`s not the most fun route to take hence all the simming but it should put you in a great position to settle. 60 hours is the longest time you would need to complete this . I managed to get the second village in 56 hours (not including the travel time of my settlers). I suggest using my time as a good rule of thumb.

Some things should also be noted at the end:
      You have the option to extend your protection. Extend it unless you feel very brave. You don`t have any troops so unless you are online 24/7 to evade any possible attacks it`s smart to extend it. This rule negates if you are playing as Teuton. If you settle early you have plenty of time to make some troops.
      You`ll be low on population. As I was playing my current server I settled my second village when my pop was as low as 150. Don`t let this scare you if you fall down in rankings. You`ll catch up soon when you start developing your second village.
      About culture points. There might be a chance you won`t have enough of them. That`s why you need to build some infrastructure, mostly marketplace, embassy and academy even if you don`t need this buildings now. Also getting 50 culture points from daily quests is as useful as hero XP.
    • Nice guide, not the fastest way to V2 but it is an easy one to follow.

Just a question... if you are going to bother doing the minimalistic V2 prep why would you give everyone an automatic 4-16 hour head start?
      Bo knows!
      Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.

Blah blah blah.... been playing sense .US started then quit that domain. Im morbid.
      I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by jaruby ().

• jaruby wrote:

Nice guide, not the fastest way to V2 but it is an easy one to follow.

Just a question... if you are going to bother doing the minimalistic V2 prep why would you give everyone an automatic 4-16 hour head start?
      To deter from spawning so close to the middle and most of the raiders, but again if you extend your BP it won`t be that much of a problem. Just how I personally did it but I guess right now registering as fast as possible is a better option.

Buckyx wrote:

lvl6 fields are waste of time especially iron mines

I would be curious about normal speed version as speed is too easy within beginners protection
      Iron fields are LV 5 in this guide. This is mostly `cause of a cost of Residence which is Wood/Clay/Iron. If you use gold and NPC then this setup is not needed. I guess for slow servers you multiply everything by 3 but I`m not sure. I don`t play that much of slow ones. I know that CP might be a problem on them.
    • It's a fine guide. I personally shall upgrade the fields to max 4 3 3 5/6.
      I've calculated that it's the fasted way. You could settle via this way in 40-45 hours. Depends on the adventures and extra farming you can get your 2nd village between 37-40 hours.

Being the first to village 2 is always a challenge. Some play it dirty to be the first, but it's always a fun challenge.
      NLX: Team Rocket, Zinderin, V-Vogels (Mr. De Uil)
      COMX: N&C (Thomas de Trein)
      RoA COM: Twelve Monkeys (Harambe)
    • What about normal servers ?
      GRAZIE TIP ---- youtube.com/watch?v=ZZWrStET1Ic
      Server giocati :
      Server 6 con il nick "Mazza Pazza" , ally : DI@BLOeV travian-reports.net/it/img/36345113b70.png
      Server 3x(2012-2013) con il nick "Legio Pazzo" , ally :TIP
      Server 5: TheTopSecret 2013/14
      Server 3x : Legio Pazzo ( FINITO) imageshack.com/a/img845/8573/5dkx.png
      Server 1 : Born_to_KissMain 351k Consumo Mojito ROSIK
      Server 3x :Wonderwall 3x 2014
      Server 3x : Fata Biricchina.Valerio Bannato
      VINTO.
      Server 5 2015:OrthorelMain Arte
      TheDarkSide Record arieti 4.4 ITA TheDarkSide ( 84 giorni)
      Ukx 2016: Diletta Leotta
      Server 3x 2016-2017 WARNING : Double G
      Server in corso :
      ITX No Tag Sunset
    • Kit :love: I :love:
      I was just curious ... :thumbsup:
      GRAZIE TIP ---- youtube.com/watch?v=ZZWrStET1Ic
      Server giocati :
      Server 6 con il nick "Mazza Pazza" , ally : DI@BLOeV travian-reports.net/it/img/36345113b70.png
      Server 3x(2012-2013) con il nick "Legio Pazzo" , ally :TIP
      Server 5: TheTopSecret 2013/14
      Server 3x : Legio Pazzo ( FINITO) imageshack.com/a/img845/8573/5dkx.png
      Server 1 : Born_to_KissMain 351k Consumo Mojito ROSIK
      Server 3x :Wonderwall 3x 2014
      Server 3x : Fata Biricchina.Valerio Bannato
      VINTO.
      Server 5 2015:OrthorelMain Arte
      TheDarkSide Record arieti 4.4 ITA TheDarkSide ( 84 giorni)
      Ukx 2016: Diletta Leotta
      Server 3x 2016-2017 WARNING : Double G
      Server in corso :
      ITX No Tag Sunset
    • Mazza Pazza_IT wrote:

What about normal servers ?
      Of course everyone has their own tactics and perhaps some are better than others.
      Some links about single speed server 1st village build up:

(Use chrome with translation from Dutch to whatever you would like to read)
      www.dse.nl/~templars/Travian/

4th link there is how to create a village with GS in mind (and a bit CP)
      "Voorbeeld Opbouw startdorpen met minimaal goud gebruik en voortgang"

More info about even faster village creation (only CP in mind): 2nd link on that page:
      "Dorp 1 opbouw voor CP met schuilplaatsen"

Even faster than those is possible, but will take resources from other villages/ally members
      for more CP buildings/parties. Finding/buying artworks will also help.
    • Ghetto wrote:

People dont realise how bad is the return from fields, 1 club on a 7 field journey will give you 60 res every 2 hrs and a lvl 4 field at the cost of approx 5 clubs will give you 25 res every 2 hours

Wake up simmers of the NORMAL speed

Edit: neither alternative gives you cp

Simming is only an option on speed. It has never been a viable option on a normal server (unless the raiders make something terribly wrong). That´s why speed is not my kind of thing. Anybody can settle after 40hrs. But only a few can do it in 96hrs on a normal speed server.
    • BudSpencer wrote:

Ghetto wrote:

People dont realise how bad is the return from fields, 1 club on a 7 field journey will give you 60 res every 2 hrs and a lvl 4 field at the cost of approx 5 clubs will give you 25 res every 2 hours

Wake up simmers of the NORMAL speed

Edit: neither alternative gives you cp
      Simming is only an option on speed. It has never been a viable option on a normal server (unless the raiders make something terribly wrong). That´s why speed is not my kind of thing. Anybody can settle after 40hrs. But only a few can do it in 96hrs on a normal speed server.
      96 hrs is very ambitious, that means a party on day 2, I only met one guy able to do that and his IGN was Bud Spencer, I wonder if its you or you are just a wannabe
    • kit wrote:

BudSpencer wrote:

Anybody can settle after 40hrs. But only a few can do it in 96hrs on a normal speed server.
      Well considering speed is x3, we aren't comparing the same thing here are we?
      yeah unfortunately even though production of oases is x3 the production of oases on normal speed, the troop movement speed is only twice as fast which makes raiding to v2 less efficient than x1 speed (in which raiding is mandatory to take a good capital)
      Cp on x3 is a little unbalanced too (you don't need much to take v2 in same proportion as x1 to its speed) which also helps simming being real efficient on x3 (focus on fields and start residence without bothering too much about cp buildings + parties, which is the main reason why people raid on x1)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ghetto ().