Hero adventures Part 3 Introduction

• Hero adventures Part 3 Introduction

Dear players!

Following the tradition of introducing the new special server – this year it’s called Fire and Sand and featuring the 2 new tribes – with the quest series we’re happy to announce that the quest series will start 12.09, at 08:00 EDT // 05:010 PDT 12:00 UTC!

This time our brave adventurer Mark Atilius faces yet another tough challenge and will have to solve really tricky tasks in order to save his friend’s life. Join him on this path and help him on the way to the Legendary Egyptian pyramids!
      The quest series will last 5 days. First task will be posted on forum on the 12th of September at [b]08:00 EDT // 05:010 PDT 12:00 UTC

First player who gives the correct answer to the task of the day will get 50 gold on their account!

3 more randomly chosen players who successfully solve the task of the day will get 30 gold each.

Another set of prizes 3x150 gold will be rewarded to 3 lucky players, chosen randomly among those who will correctly solve all the tasks!

But that’s not all! All players, who will solve correctly all the tasks of the quest series will get a special user title on our forum!

Don’t miss your chance to win some gold and fame!

Your Travian: Legends Team

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD. THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED AND WILL BE DELETED

Links to each days tasks

Day One Task
      Day Two Task
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • The prizes for the fastest is a little bit inappropiate, as not all can access the event at the daily eventlaunch. A redesign for the future with the funniest comments, random luck of the draw or most to the judges likings would be nice to be considered.

Other than that, I really like the Day 1 competition, althought the translation to the danish version of the contest is poor, as several words and capitalization is just plain wrong.
    • The 3 random prizes each day and the 3 prizes for overall competition are intended to ensure its fair for those who cant always answer the instant the task is posted.

Unfortunately there is a set limit from HQ on the amount of gold to be given otherwise additional prizes could be given as well.

Each CM is responsible for the translation from English into their language. (and Im just covering here for TemplarKnight until power is restored to areas affected by the hurricane)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• The in game message on USx takes us to this thread. The in game message linking the actual contest appears to take me to a US specific contest. Unfortunately, I got to the contest by coming here first so unless I'm misreading things, I'm eligible to win gold on a domain in which I have no active accounts.
    • m.hudson wrote:

The 3 random prizes each day and the 3 prizes for overall competition are intended to ensure its fair for those who cant always answer the instant the task is posted.
      Indeed it is, but you asked thoughts :) I myself have no issue, at least today, to respond right after the publication of the question.

Overall, exciting! Looking forward to more stories about Mark :)
    • Podling wrote:

The in game message on USx takes us to this thread. The in game message linking the actual contest appears to take me to a US specific contest. Unfortunately, I got to the contest by coming here first so unless I'm misreading things, I'm eligible to win gold on a domain in which I have no active accounts.

Im not quite sure what you mean. The contest is active on all domains.

This thread is the introduction and discussion thread for the US contest. You can find the contest in the Fire & Sands Event subforum found at the top of this forum area

The reason that this thread and the contest itself are in two separate places is that the daily tasks are require to be moderated so you cant see other peoples answers.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Props to m.hudson for moderating that last one, those answers were uglily long. It wasn't the question greatest choice for a contest, as there are way too many right answers and it looks like HQ only provided one. I just want to confirm, for those of us who provided a correct answer, but not the one from HQ (ie Burninator and me), we are still in the running for the all 5 days correct competition, right? I assume we are, I just want to verify as RNG didn't choose either of us for the random.
    • As you can imagine I have a marking guide for what was chosen as the right answer when the contest was planned

We have now recognized that there are more than one solution for it and are discussing how that could affect the overall contest prize.

Please be patient as we may be able to accept the other "right" answers and still award overall points based on that or even ignore day 3 entirely (but award bonus point to those who did get it right)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• New

The overall winners

m.hudson wrote:

Another set of prizes 3x150 gold will be rewarded to 3 lucky players, chosen randomly among those who will correctly solve all the tasks!

There were only three players who completed all 5 tasks correct these are

@gdubrocks
      @dixie18402_US
      @Muchacho NL

Congratulations please contact me with a US Server to receive your 150 gold on
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• New

So I don't get to compete in the all days complete draw because I had the right answer, but not the one they were looking for? That's kind of frustrating and honestly leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I put in effort to do all of them and now I don't even get to compete because of something that I had no way of knowing or controlling. Not being fully honest to what was published ("Another set of prizes 3x150 gold will be rewarded to 3 lucky players, chosen randomly among those who will correctly solve all the tasks!") is a pretty awful public relations practice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Armour_US ().