Hero adventures Part 3 Introduction

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Armour_US wrote:

So I don't get to compete in the all days complete draw because I had the right answer, but not the one they were looking for? That's kind of frustrating and honestly leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I put in effort to do all of them and now I don't even get to compete because of something that I had no way of knowing or controlling. Not being fully honest to what was published ("Another set of prizes 3x150 gold will be rewarded to 3 lucky players, chosen randomly among those who will correctly solve all the tasks!") is a pretty awful public relations practice.
      To be fair, you actually gave the same solution to the belt/chest puzzle as the correct answer, you just had an overly complicated way of phrasing it. Your solution reduces to: Is the belt in chest 1? Is the belt in chest 3? is the belt in chest 3? is the belt in chest 3?
      While I could see the argument that because your answer is a convoluted phrasing of the very simple correct answer, it is therefore not "as correct" this is supposed to be in the spirit of fun, and nitpicking phrasing doesn't really fit that spirit.
      I'd argue that your answer is at least as correct as Burn's "correct" answer to question 5 where he almost made the complete chart but missed the clue that the fifth city and tunic were Giza and yellow respectively.
      S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie S5-r3 Tyche S7-r3 Chuckles
      S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country S5-r7 Office Space S19-r2 The Joker
      S19-r3 Chuckles
    • The Answer HQ gave was

HQ wrote:

The witch should ask 3 questions pointing on the same chest (let’s call it chest 1).
      Is this the chest where the waist belt is?

And then pointing to one of the others:

IE

Q1) Is it in box 1
      Q2) is it in box 1
      Q3) Is it in box 1
      Q4) Is it in box 2

Your answer was did not match the HQ provided answer, It could well be correct but if it does not match the expected and most simple answer then by the marking guide it is not correct.

Armour_US wrote:

Is the belt in chest 1?
      Is the belt in chest 1 or 2?
      Did you answer question 2 truthfully?
      Did you answer question 3 truthfully?
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • m.hudson wrote:

Your answer was did not match the HQ provided answer, It could well be correct but if it does not match the expected and most simple answer then by the marking guide it is not correct.
      I'm not gonna complain because I'm not a complaining kind of person. I just wanted to say that that's a pretty terrible approach to take on this matter. Most people get pretty heated when they're told they're not gonna get something they think they deserve. I think HQ is gonna have to look more into this in the future, because other players would be pretty turned off by a reaction like this. I'm already too invested in this game, but I will admit it feels like I've been given the cold shoulder here and other players might turn away in this kind of situation. I'd like to see this game continue to exist into the future, but I feel like these kinds of actions don't help the community grow stronger, so I'm just voicing how I feel.

As for the question itself, I knew that if I googled it I would come up with the same riddle-like answer every other person gave, but I wanted a challenge so I did it as a logic puzzle instead. I actually solved it for four chests without any ambiguity then narrowed the result down to three chests, in case you were wondering how open-ended the riddle is. I wasn't really expecting it to affect how "right" my answer was.

Again, as I said before, I'm not going to complain, and I don't expect the gold. I just hope HQ considers their decisions on this stuff more carefully in the future as it could turn some people away.

Solution for 4 chests

is it in 1 or 2?
      is it in 2 or 3?
      was the last question truthful?
      was the last question truthful?

If it is in 1 (yn)
      1: yyyy
      2: nnny
      3: nynn
      4: nyyn

If it is in 2 (yy)
      1: ynyy
      2: nyny
      3: nnnn
      4: nnyn

If it is in 3 (ny)
      1: nnyy
      2: yyny
      3: ynnn
      4: ynyn

If it is in 4 (nn)
      1: nyyy
      2: ynny
      3: yynn
      4: yyyn
    • The issue of multiple answers has been raised with them already. Ultimately its not my contest so I have to follow the instructions given. If you look at the other side of the coin. If you were one of the few who matched exactly what HQ said the answer was and yet I decided to award the winning gold to someone else who found a different solution you might also be annoyed.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• m.hudson wrote:

The issue of multiple answers has been raised with them already. Ultimately its not my contest so I have to follow the instructions given. If you look at the other side of the coin. If you were one of the few who matched exactly what HQ said the answer was and yet I decided to award the winning gold to someone else who found a different solution you might also be annoyed.
      I wasn't going to comment, but I can't fathom someone being annoyed by this. That's not a valid side of the coin. I understand HQ makes the decision; I'm just stating I think it's a poor one, and not because I want gold, but because it's a bad precedence. I don't want an explanation of why decision was handed down, I don't want compensation, I just want HQ aware that stuff like this is why people think HQ doesn't pay much attention to its players. I never wanted this to go on this long or turn into an argument; so with this, I'm done posting here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Armour_US ().

• I have a question about day 5 answers to this question:

m.hudson wrote:

Lucius Tarquinius Lepidus, Mark Atilius and Tiberius Aternius were all sitting next to the fireplace drinking good wine and talking about their adventures. It was a miracle no one got hurt, and the group of Huns were satisfied with Marks answer and released Lucius.
      - Where do we go? - Mark asked Lucius. - You haven't changed your mind about Egypt, have you?
      – No way! As long as I am alive, I wouldn't have any doubts about that. - replied ex-architect. – Memphis, Karnak, Giza – I want to visit them all! But first of all, of course, Giza and the great pyramids! However, after all that’s just happened, I am not in the mood to travel alone anymore – he added. – There are lots of Egyptians everywhere since the borders are open. One of those 5 caravan drivers surely goes to the right place. But how can we find out which one of them travels to Giza and when? I started learning their language only a month ago and they don't talk Latin. Can you find out which one we need to travel with?
      This is what Mark found about the 5 caravan drivers.
      There are 5 caravan drivers standing next to each other near the marketplace.
      • The man in a green tunic is Ahmed, he leaves at 05:00.
      • The man in the middle owns 12 camels.
      • Mustafa leaves at 05:45.
      • Omar owns 15 camels, and he stands to the left of the caravan driver in a green tunic.
      • Just right of the man in a blue tunic is the one who goes to Memphis.
      • Karim leads the caravan to Thebes.
      • Next to the man in a black tunic is a caravan driver who owns 14 camels.
      • The caravan to Karnak leaves at 06:00.
      • At 05:20 a caravan driven by Youssef leaves, and he is standing just on the right of the man that goes to Memphis.
      • A caravan with 16 camels heads to Alexandria.
      • Next to the driver who leaves at 05:20, is a man that owns 13 camels.
      • The man standing on one of the edges wears a red tunic.
      • The driver with 12 camels leaves at 05:30.
      • The men in red and black tunics are standing next to each other.
      • The caravan to Alexandria leaves town at 05:00.

Task 5: Who is wearing a yellow tunic? Which of the caravans goes to Giza ?
      This task will require 2 days to solve, so announcing the winners will be on Monday.

Here is the first "correct" answer:

Jofke wrote:

Omar wears yellow tunic. Youssef's caravan goes to Giza.

My question is this:

Yes, it is Youssef that is going to Giza, but which caravan is that? How does Mark know which one of the men is Youssef without asking each man (other than Omar in the yellow) what their name is if he doesn't speak their language? With no supporting information telling us what Youssef is wearing, or which position his caravan is in, I don't think this answer should be considered correct.
      us1: Hyperbole
      com5: Cassiopeia

------------
      us4:r3/r4: Wild Hope ~ M.O.R.O.N.
      us5x: You and Me ~ DB!
      us5:r2: littlegirllost ~ ROBR
      us2:r2: Talieland2 ~ BZE/BAM

• alliegirl_US wrote:

I have a question about day 5 answers to this question:

m.hudson wrote:

Lucius Tarquinius Lepidus, Mark Atilius and Tiberius Aternius were all sitting next to the fireplace drinking good wine and talking about their adventures. It was a miracle no one got hurt, and the group of Huns were satisfied with Marks answer and released Lucius.
      - Where do we go? - Mark asked Lucius. - You haven't changed your mind about Egypt, have you?
      – No way! As long as I am alive, I wouldn't have any doubts about that. - replied ex-architect. – Memphis, Karnak, Giza – I want to visit them all! But first of all, of course, Giza and the great pyramids! However, after all that’s just happened, I am not in the mood to travel alone anymore – he added. – There are lots of Egyptians everywhere since the borders are open. One of those 5 caravan drivers surely goes to the right place. But how can we find out which one of them travels to Giza and when? I started learning their language only a month ago and they don't talk Latin. Can you find out which one we need to travel with?
      This is what Mark found about the 5 caravan drivers.
      There are 5 caravan drivers standing next to each other near the marketplace.
      • The man in a green tunic is Ahmed, he leaves at 05:00.
      • The man in the middle owns 12 camels.
      • Mustafa leaves at 05:45.
      • Omar owns 15 camels, and he stands to the left of the caravan driver in a green tunic.
      • Just right of the man in a blue tunic is the one who goes to Memphis.
      • Karim leads the caravan to Thebes.
      • Next to the man in a black tunic is a caravan driver who owns 14 camels.
      • The caravan to Karnak leaves at 06:00.
      • At 05:20 a caravan driven by Youssef leaves, and he is standing just on the right of the man that goes to Memphis.
      • A caravan with 16 camels heads to Alexandria.
      • Next to the driver who leaves at 05:20, is a man that owns 13 camels.
      • The man standing on one of the edges wears a red tunic.
      • The driver with 12 camels leaves at 05:30.
      • The men in red and black tunics are standing next to each other.
      • The caravan to Alexandria leaves town at 05:00.

Task 5: Who is wearing a yellow tunic? Which of the caravans goes to Giza ?
      This task will require 2 days to solve, so announcing the winners will be on Monday.
      Here is the first "correct" answer:

Jofke wrote:

Omar wears yellow tunic. Youssef's caravan goes to Giza.
      My question is this:

Yes, it is Youssef that is going to Giza, but which caravan is that? How does Mark know which one of the men is Youssef without asking each man (other than Omar in the yellow) what their name is if he doesn't speak their language? With no supporting information telling us what Youssef is wearing, or which position his caravan is in, I don't think this answer should be considered correct.
      This game (Zebra puzzle) is based on logical deduction. He didn't have to find out from the caravan drivers themselves, but from asking around perhaps. Some people might've spoken Latin. Some hand gestures could go a long way.

The point is: whatever information IS present, is all you need to deduce who is who.

Try some:
      Movies Night - Zebra Puzzles - Brainzilla

Mod/MH/SH (aug 2007 - feb 2010) // MH (sept 2015)
    • m.hudson wrote:

The issue of multiple answers has been raised with them already. Ultimately its not my contest so I have to follow the instructions given. If you look at the other side of the coin. If you were one of the few who matched exactly what HQ said the answer was and yet I decided to award the winning gold to someone else who found a different solution you might also be annoyed.
      ??

That's.... nonsensical. If the solution is correct, it's correct. If someone else posted a solution before I did that was correct, but wasn't the answer HQ was looking for, I would insist they get the gold. To do otherwise would be wrong.
    • Podling wrote:

m.hudson wrote:

??
      That's.... nonsensical. If the solution is correct, it's correct. If someone else posted a solution before I did that was correct, but wasn't the answer HQ was looking for, I would insist they get the gold. To do otherwise would be wrong.
      Whether or not it is correct remains to be seen.

As Armour_US' answer to the riddle would only be a 100% certainty if the waistband was in one of the first two chests, which you can't deduce properly.

1: Is the waistband in chest 1? yes
      2: Is the waistband in chest 1 or 2? yes
      3: Did you answer question 2 truthfully? Yes
      4: Did you answer question 3 truthfully? No

Result: It's in 3 OR 4, and you have no more questions.

So the answer is not correct.

• Muchacho NL wrote:

As Armour_US' answer to the riddle would only be a 100% certainty if the waistband was in one of the first two chests, which you can't deduce properly.

I think you forgot what the question was :p There were only three chests in the original question. Incidentally, if there were four chests, these questions would work:

1: Is the waistband in chest 1 or 2?
      2: Is the waistband in chest 2 or 3?
      3: Did you answer question 2 truthfully?
      4: Did you answer question 3 truthfully?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Armour_US ().

• Podling wrote:

m.hudson wrote:

??
      I have discussed it with HQ a few days ago and the user also put in a complaint about it. The the issue is there is a hard limit of the amount of gold that can given for competitions and it has to be exactly in accordance with HQs instructions.
      HQ are investigating and i'm sure a solution will be found but its completely out of my hands.

MRerni wrote:

after 1 week, i continue waiting the rewards of the first day task, of brazilian fórum.
      You need to contact the CM for that domain.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager

• Muchacho NL wrote:

Podling wrote:

m.hudson wrote:

??That's.... nonsensical. If the solution is correct, it's correct. If someone else posted a solution before I did that was correct, but wasn't the answer HQ was looking for, I would insist they get the gold. To do otherwise would be wrong.

As I mentioned, his questions determine exactly the same information as the official answer.
      "Is the waistband in chest 1?" obviously the same
      "Is the waistband in chest 1 or 2?" Is the same as asking if it is in chest 3 (sure the y/n is inverted, but it gives the same information)
      "Did you answer question 2 truthfully?" Is the same as repeating question 2
      "Did you answer question 3 truthfully?" Is the same as repeating question 3 (which means a repeat of question 2)

The total effect is the same: Three questions about one chest determine both if that chest is the correct answer, and, if it is not, whether the final question (or first in this case) is a lie or not. And then one question about one of the other two chests to determine which of those is correct.
      S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie S5-r3 Tyche S7-r3 Chuckles
      S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country S5-r7 Office Space S19-r2 The Joker
      S19-r3 Chuckles
    • Armour_US wrote:

Muchacho NL wrote:

I think you forgot what the question was :p There were only three chests in the original question. Incidentally, if there were four chests, these questions would work:
      1: Is the waistband in chest 1 or 2?
      2: Is the waistband in chest 2 or 3?
      3: Did you answer question 2 truthfully?
      4: Did you answer question 3 truthfully?
      That I did, indeed :D