Incoming/Outgoing troops search

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Incoming/Outgoing troops search

If you're like me and find yourself with loads of incoming and outgoing troops most of the time, you'll know it is an absolute pain to find an individual attack. You might have a big attack heading out that you're looking for but no way to pick it out easily amongst the shedload of other outgoing troops you have going out. So my suggestion would be more options to sort troops at the rally point. So perhaps instead of sorting them by time you would have the option to sort them by Number of troops. Or you could have the option to set a minimum of 1k troops on any displayed inc/out so as to remove the farm list raids and only see the significant troop actions that are ongoing. This would basically make it much easier to use the rally point to check up on actions and would be far preferable to trawling through pages of nothing you need to see.

antonio wrote:

You just jump around like a tart.

Elros wrote:

MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)
    • I think some extra filter options would be good. Even something as basic as filtering 'Attack' from 'Raid' would be nice for (obviously) seeing any incoming 'Attacks' more easily (although you can filter combined attacks/raids incoming so thats probably enough), as well as outgoing (more useful), but also for times when I'm catapulting residences or knocking walls down and I can't remember if I've sent them at the farm in question :p
    • Tombo457 wrote:

Ever thought of just ctrl + f to search? Simple way to find stuff.
      Because that isn't efficient. Even if you set the rally point to show the maximum amount of troop movements you can still be left with an awful lot of pages to go through, and you can't use ctrl/f to search those individual pages unless you have an exact number you want to search for, but maybe you sent an attack but you cant remember the exact number of any troop type involved because you sent 10638 mace or something, or you just want to see all attacks with 1000 or more mace involved because you have several mid sized hits heading out to farms, Ctrl F is not at all useful there.

antonio wrote:

Elros wrote:

MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)
    • ELE wrote:

Would be nice if we can flag an attack before sending them (and return of the troops), will be useful. Or maybe just filter for all attacks vs raids (and return of such) will be enough. Option to sort attacks vs raids on ally page would be awesome too.
      Yeah more options on the ally page would be great too. I think especially setting a minimum number of troops involved on that page, so tell it to show all of the ally off/def reports that involve more than 500 troops in the last 12 hours for example, would be so helpful after any large scale attacks. On the def page you could use it to see where enemy hammers have hit and whats got through defence with minimal legwork, and on the off side you can check up on the outcome of alliance wide offensives without having to check reports with 20 individuals. So more options on the ally page as well as in the rally point would be really useful.

antonio wrote:

Elros wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by MartinJames_UK ().

• MartinJames_UK wrote:

Tombo457 wrote:

Ever thought of just ctrl + f to search? Simple way to find stuff.
      Because that isn't efficient. Even if you set the rally point to show the maximum amount of troop movements you can still be left with an awful lot of pages to go through, and you can't use ctrl/f to search those individual pages unless you have an exact number you want to search for, but maybe you sent an attack but you cant remember the exact number of any troop type involved because you sent 10638 mace or something, or you just want to see all attacks with 1000 or more mace involved because you have several mid sized hits heading out to farms, Ctrl F is not at all useful there.
      Or you search based on village name, if using a farm list you'll still know the troop number involved so could search based on troop number or village name, if sending a big clearer you should remember the village name too..
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • commander_UK wrote:

Or we could just have a simple, easy to implement (surely?) feature to search for troop types and quantities.
      I asked for a option to hide a troop type in the barracks, stable to ensure you don't queue it by accident, 6 months later and I think if we give them another year it might be implemented. You'll probably have quit by the time it's implemented.
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • Tombo457 wrote:

commander_UK wrote:

Or we could just have a simple, easy to implement (surely?) feature to search for troop types and quantities.
      I asked for a option to hide a troop type in the barracks, stable to ensure you don't queue it by accident, 6 months later and I think if we give them another year it might be implemented. You'll probably have quit by the time it's implemented.
      I would love that. I queue incorrect troop type more often than I'd care to admit.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

commander_UK wrote:

Now that is an idea with legs. But the thought of players better than me main mistakes like these kinda makes me want to look the other way. How does the saying go? If you can't beat them, let them make there own mistakes, and the sum of those mistakes will eventually knock them down to your level.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
    • Or being able to search for troops that have attacked or going to attack a vil. Its probably true that you know your target vils, and if you could just find the troops that were on the way or had attacks xyz that would be great.

But the other thing is finding chiefs. You dont always send large numbers of troops with Chiefs, for instance chiefing a Natar vil. Find those bloody chiefs is hard work when there are 100's of troop movements