Final Thoughts

    • Speed 3x
    • Final Thoughts

      Hoi! Just to say it in the beginning: My information stems mainly from the forum and personal discussions with numerous people in various alliances. I did not play in either of the major alliances on this server, thus my view is more objective and not tainted by affections one normally hold for your own alliance/team.

      This was my first comx server that I have ever seen/observed and in the following I want to name some things that I liked and disliked. My point of reference are mainly .de servers and maybe 4-5 international servers. What I liked:


      1. Numerous 'ambitious' alliances

      What I liked most was that there were two blocks who were equal in terms of activity/[personal account]effort/numbers. N&C+HM had so many top players with huge accounts as did Dacia + TSO.
      It's interesting that both "blocks" didn't start here to build WW but in the end they of course were the ones who did it and had the best chances.

      Also, alliances like Hodor/DD/Instanbul who lack either individual skill or leadership (or both @ Hodor?) are also present on this server and they are building bigger "endgame hammers" than their German counterparts. That leads to a rather interesting situation.. they actually do matter in the endgame because some accounts might not do anything the entire server but in the end.. they at least can present a hammer who can hurt even the big alliances WW.


      2. Diplomacy matters

      Because those B and C class alliances are able to generate some "serious" hammers for the lategame, they actually are important to include in your strategy if you want to win.
      Of course I don't know how reliable it really is, if you make a deal with for example the Hodor leadership... would that really ensure all Hodor hammers ran on the proposed target? Or do the big offensive accounts ultimately decide on their own who they attack? Probably...? Because you can't even count on your "life-long" ally to not betray you, so why should this particular player do what his leadership tells him to do...?
      But anyway, what I wanted to say: Not only the 2 big alliances have "serious" ww-hammers and that makes a server much more interesting in the lategame.


      3. Tryhards

      They are sooo important. It's so much more fun to play against individuals or a group who considers himself/themselves superior. Even better if they openly cheat.. getting their 150% cropper, getting pushed by their countless multis, making plans for how many wwks they want to build, having everything planned out - because it worked like this in the last 5 rounds so why shouldn't it work this time?
      Then they even get their artifacts, preferably because they have spys everywhere who are building arti-hammers and they snatch those valuable artifacts away from under the enemies noses. And then they get utterly destroyed. Well, for me personally those people are the most important on the server. It's no fun to play if everyone already accepts that you are the best, no, you need a couple or a dozen people/teams who all consider themselves being the best.
      And people like .. sorry, I forgot his name again, really increase my personal gaming experience a lot. It's a shame that we don't have those tryhards on dex anymore. Because if you register 3-5 multis, you are at least heavily invested in the game and want to achieve something - not caring how, the main goal is that your hammer or account is huuuge.
      I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but I have observed quite a few of this category playing comx, and that's great. (not saying every tryhard is cheating. but everyone who cheats to improve his "stats" is a tryhard)


      4. Player numbers

      Well, this point is comparable with the first point, but it's an important point so I want to stress it: The more players on a server, the better. Back in the days we had sooo freaking many 60-people alliances.. the entire first page of the alliances were all filled with 60 members. Alliances (like Blade^^) who had 5 wings an more, just taking in every big account in their cardinal direction. Gigantic confrontations of epic magnitude, when during an OP 150 offensive players from meta A attacked the opposing meta B.
      Of course, one could argue that on the final server (championship server, don't know how it is called in English) you can have that. But that's not true. I don't think there are even 150 decent German players left who are capable and willing to do that. And from other nations I haven't seen something like this either. Well, some - like the Russians - have a totally different approach. They just attack a rather big number of capitals with unbelievably HUGE and many hammers, and a few of them they attack for real. And even if you KNOW for a fact where they attack, you can't do anything because they are just so far ahead in terms of troops, that even if you sent the entire defense of your alliance in the right village, you still lose the capital.
      That's a strategy that only works if you are from the beginning in the far far superior position, what we had back then was far more equal. Both in terms of account numbers and troops. So tactic/strategy played a bigger role. But well, I think everyone agrees to my original point, more players equal more fun.


      5. Drama

      This point is also closely tied to #3 (tryhards) because if you are not trying very hard and are not invested heavily enough it is hard to get "emotional" about any of this. Only if you invest a fair amount of time, money and effort you create an environment in which drama is possible. And there was a lot of drama to be seen here. And I loved it. Definitely far more than I am used to from German servers.


      6. Gold investment

      Wow... that's something... still hard to believe for me. I am not sure why there is such a significant difference, but hoooly moly there IS a big difference. One thing is for sure, it is not solely tied to income. More like... the willingness to invest money to gain a minor advantage. I have played many accounts which were by far the best on the whole server. And even in those accounts.. what did we use.. 50-70 Euro a month? Probably less once we had our capital? I mean, what do you need gold for? To build your capital and then to frequently exchange resources - as long as you don't have enough troops to use up the crop. And then later maybe the other way around, to exchange res into crop. But apart from that..?
      That seems to be totally different here. Of course, there are also a few German players who waste gold like it growth on trees, paying absurd amount of silver for a stupid helmet and art works. But that's the rare exception on German servers.. But here.. that seems to be the norm. Buying tons of cages (or registering multis) to clean oases to settle a few hours earlier.. I mean, that's soo expensive, I'm not sure if you saw the prices for cages in the beginning. Unbelievable. Not sure if we can compete in terms of "who settles first"... or even more frightening, the willingness to instantly build the building, right from the start. Of course, it's the same argument with the Egyptians, the faster you build your fields, the faster they start to generate res, the faster you can build the next level of fields, who in turn generate even more res.. Not sure how much time you win by investing those ~100 gold for instant building, but I am sure that it does make you settle faster.
      So yeah.. that's again something I love about this server. Because in my mind, the more you invest in your account, the more "dear" you hold it and the worse it gets when someone destroys your 1.000 euro investment. Hilarious. I wish there was a top10 gold ranking instead of climbers of the week..
      And just to make sure you don't misunderstand my intentions: I don't want to convey the message those players have an uncatchable advantage. What I am saying is, that is appears to me that com players are willing to invest (significantly) more in terms of real money.


      7. Spies

      Another point that is tied to #3 (tryhards). I like it a lot, using spys and other underhanded methods to gain an advantage above your competitors shows me that you take the game seriously. That you really want to win. And it is more fun if your opponent wants to win instead of this awful "naah, I'm just playing a bit, nothing serious. If you beat me, I just delete and start on another server, no biggy"-attitude. If someone is investing a lot of time, money, spies, multis, connections, whatever.. that shows me that Travian is not already dead.
      And it appears that spys are veeery common here. Now and then I had the feeling that for example Hodor had more spies than real players. Well, it is great if you guys make schemes, plots, conspiracies, plans... something that is not very frequent on .de servers anymore.


      8. TSO

      Let's face it, without TSO this server would have been as exciting as... knitting? crochetting..?
      I doubt N&C+HM would have ever attacked someone their size (well, without TSO there wouldn't have been anyone their size, but you know what I mean). Thus the situation would have been, that everyone is sitting in their corner, building their awesome, totally big wwks and after 3 month of pure boredom they'd congratulate themselves on how well they played and how big their hammers were.. not realizing that literally anyone can build a big hammer if you don't get attacked and don't attack yourself.
      Soo... yeah, glad that they were here and that they were not afraid of igniting a conflict with someone who could (at least they had to assume that in the beginning) defend themselves.
      I'm pretty sure they only did it because they were allied with Dacia, but attacking someone who is not only equal but stronger than you are yourself, that's something... well... not demanding this self destructive behaviour from anyone. Although it is exciting to watch when it happens.



      Okay, I wanted to name some things I didn't like, but right now I am not in the mood to write much more... that has to suffice! :p
      Please try to be polite if you answer here or if you want to write down your own final thoughts in this thread. We don't want to fight here, we have all those other threads for doing so ^^

      jotheold_COM wrote:

      opinion is opinion you can't be wrong.

      TurkC wrote:

      Last time the subject was WW and our WW get banned unfortunately. I think we will just sing in the forum :). We banned because of sharing password. The purpose of prevent sharing passwords is, prevent using multi account. In here, its obvious this isnt multi account so i think that ban was amateur work
    • Schneeente wrote:

      Hoi! Just to say it in the beginning: My information stems mainly from the forum and personal discussions with numerous people in various alliances. I did not play in either of the major alliances on this server, thus my view is more objective and not tainted by affections one normally hold for your own alliance/team.

      This was my first comx server that I have ever seen/observed and in the following I want to name some things that I liked and disliked. My point of reference are mainly .de servers and maybe 4-5 international servers. What I liked:

      I'm in a good mood so I will answer these all as good as possible. As you may know I played on Thomas de Trein. Not a big account, but with a deffunction inside N&C. What account did you play on?

      Schneeente wrote:


      1. Numerous 'ambitious' alliances

      What I liked most was that there were two blocks who were equal in terms of activity/[personal account]effort/numbers. N&C+HM had so many top players with huge accounts as did Dacia + TSO.
      It's interesting that both "blocks" didn't start here to build WW but in the end they of course were the ones who did it and had the best chances.

      Also, alliances like Hodor/DD/Instanbul who lack either individual skill or leadership (or both @ Hodor?) are also present on this server and they are building bigger "endgame hammers" than their German counterparts. That leads to a rather interesting situation.. they actually do matter in the endgame because some accounts might not do anything the entire server but in the end.. they at least can present a hammer who can hurt even the big alliances WW.

      4. Player numbers

      Well, this point is comparable with the first point, but it's an important point so I want to stress it: The more players on a server, the better. Back in the days we had sooo freaking many 60-people alliances.. the entire first page of the alliances were all filled with 60 members. Alliances (like Blade^^) who had 5 wings an more, just taking in every big account in their cardinal direction. Gigantic confrontations of epic magnitude, when during an OP 150 offensive players from meta A attacked the opposing meta B.
      Of course, one could argue that on the final server (championship server, don't know how it is called in English) you can have that. But that's not true. I don't think there are even 150 decent German players left who are capable and willing to do that. And from other nations I haven't seen something like this either. Well, some - like the Russians - have a totally different approach. They just attack a rather big number of capitals with unbelievably HUGE and many hammers, and a few of them they attack for real. And even if you KNOW for a fact where they attack, you can't do anything because they are just so far ahead in terms of troops, that even if you sent the entire defense of your alliance in the right village, you still lose the capital.
      That's a strategy that only works if you are from the beginning in the far far superior position, what we had back then was far more equal. Both in terms of account numbers and troops. So tactic/strategy played a bigger role. But well, I think everyone agrees to my original point, more players equal more fun.

      That's why we moved from the nlx to the comx. Every server there was the same battle, over and over again. And I won't be happy with only 400-500 active players. This was an exciting server with lots of ups and downs. All the blocks on this server had a important role for the gameplay and I'm happy about that.



      Schneeente wrote:


      3. Tryhards

      They are sooo important. It's so much more fun to play against individuals or a group who considers himself/themselves superior. Even better if they openly cheat.. getting their 150% cropper, getting pushed by their countless multis, making plans for how many wwks they want to build, having everything planned out - because it worked like this in the last 5 rounds so why shouldn't it work this time?
      Then they even get their artifacts, preferably because they have spys everywhere who are building arti-hammers and they snatch those valuable artifacts away from under the enemies noses. And then they get utterly destroyed. Well, for me personally those people are the most important on the server. It's no fun to play if everyone already accepts that you are the best, no, you need a couple or a dozen people/teams who all consider themselves being the best.
      And people like .. sorry, I forgot his name again, really increase my personal gaming experience a lot. It's a shame that we don't have those tryhards on dex anymore. Because if you register 3-5 multis, you are at least heavily invested in the game and want to achieve something - not caring how, the main goal is that your hammer or account is huuuge.
      I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but I have observed quite a few of this category playing comx, and that's great. (not saying every tryhard is cheating. but everyone who cheats to improve his "stats" is a tryhard)

      If you're talking about The Originals, they didn't take any artifact. I have mixed feelings about him and his role inside N&C. But that's not up to me to decide if he's welcome or not. He made enough blunders this server.
      The term "multi-account" will always be there on Travian. Look at the amount of Egypts on the Russian/Arabic/French servers. I'm not for them but they just are here. We have to deal with them. We all know the attitude of the MH's on servers ;)


      Schneeente wrote:

      6. Gold investment

      Wow... that's something... still hard to believe for me. I am not sure why there is such a significant difference, but hoooly moly there IS a big difference. One thing is for sure, it is not solely tied to income. More like... the willingness to invest money to gain a minor advantage. I have played many accounts which were by far the best on the whole server. And even in those accounts.. what did we use.. 50-70 Euro a month? Probably less once we had our capital? I mean, what do you need gold for? To build your capital and then to frequently exchange resources - as long as you don't have enough troops to use up the crop. And then later maybe the other way around, to exchange res into crop. But apart from that..?
      That seems to be totally different here. Of course, there are also a few German players who waste gold like it growth on trees, paying absurd amount of silver for a stupid helmet and art works. But that's the rare exception on German servers.. But here.. that seems to be the norm. Buying tons of cages (or registering multis) to clean oases to settle a few hours earlier.. I mean, that's soo expensive, I'm not sure if you saw the prices for cages in the beginning. Unbelievable. Not sure if we can compete in terms of "who settles first"... or even more frightening, the willingness to instantly build the building, right from the start. Of course, it's the same argument with the Egyptians, the faster you build your fields, the faster they start to generate res, the faster you can build the next level of fields, who in turn generate even more res.. Not sure how much time you win by investing those ~100 gold for instant building, but I am sure that it does make you settle faster.
      So yeah.. that's again something I love about this server. Because in my mind, the more you invest in your account, the more "dear" you hold it and the worse it gets when someone destroys your 1.000 euro investment. Hilarious. I wish there was a top10 gold ranking instead of climbers of the week..
      And just to make sure you don't misunderstand my intentions: I don't want to convey the message those players have an uncatchable advantage. What I am saying is, that is appears to me that com players are willing to invest (significantly) more in terms of real money.

      I guess you need to look at the Finals server haha. Some people just have way too much money. Not my playstyle either. Those people are Travian's goldmine.


      Schneeente wrote:

      7. Spies

      Another point that is tied to #3 (tryhards). I like it a lot, using spys and other underhanded methods to gain an advantage above your competitors shows me that you take the game seriously. That you really want to win. And it is more fun if your opponent wants to win instead of this awful "naah, I'm just playing a bit, nothing serious. If you beat me, I just delete and start on another server, no biggy"-attitude. If someone is investing a lot of time, money, spies, multis, connections, whatever.. that shows me that Travian is not already dead.
      And it appears that spys are veeery common here. Now and then I had the feeling that for example Hodor had more spies than real players. Well, it is great if you guys make schemes, plots, conspiracies, plans... something that is not very frequent on .de servers anymore.

      I don't know what to think about them. I don't use them, but I'm not against them. In a real war you also have a lot of spies and weird conspiracies etc. They just are here. You always need to be carefull what you're saying in your Skype-chats or whatever platform you use. You never know who's watching.

      Schneeente wrote:


      8. TSO

      Let's face it, without TSO this server would have been as exciting as... knitting? crochetting..?
      I doubt N&C+HM would have ever attacked someone their size (well, without TSO there wouldn't have been anyone their size, but you know what I mean). Thus the situation would have been, that everyone is sitting in their corner, building their awesome, totally big wwks and after 3 month of pure boredom they'd congratulate themselves on how well they played and how big their hammers were.. not realizing that literally anyone can build a big hammer if you don't get attacked and don't attack yourself.
      Soo... yeah, glad that they were here and that they were not afraid of igniting a conflict with someone who could (at least they had to assume that in the beginning) defend themselves.
      I'm pretty sure they only did it because they were allied with Dacia, but attacking someone who is not only equal but stronger than you are yourself, that's something... well... not demanding this self destructive behaviour from anyone. Although it is exciting to watch when it happens.

      I have to agree, beside the stuff they did on the end (I won't talk about it) they are for my personal the best enemy I have ever had. The amount of hammers and everything they had is amazing.
      Talking about those players with wwk's, they just are here and they are amazingly important to the endgame! Maybe it's a boring job to build one, but it's an important job.



      Okay, I wanted to name some things I didn't like, but right now I am not in the mood to write much more... that has to suffice! :p
      Please try to be polite if you answer here or if you want to write down your own final thoughts in this thread. We don't want to fight here, we have all those other threads for doing so ^^
      I'm curious about your next posts. I hope I was polite enough :)
      I have my own thoughts about the server, but I guess I've made a good guess with this one.
      NLX: Team Rocket, Zinderin, V-Vogels (Mr. De Uil)
      COMX: N&C (Thomas de Trein)
      RoA COM: Twelve Monkeys (Harambe)
    • 100 views 1 comment. How unexciting.

      jotheold_COM wrote:

      opinion is opinion you can't be wrong.

      TurkC wrote:

      Last time the subject was WW and our WW get banned unfortunately. I think we will just sing in the forum :). We banned because of sharing password. The purpose of prevent sharing passwords is, prevent using multi account. In here, its obvious this isnt multi account so i think that ban was amateur work
    • i read the letter.
      This comments written by like who watch from out not inside.

      İts better to make analys the game.in the game N&C/HM and TSO/Dacia was concrescence. But DDPH/İSTANBUL/Hodor was always in war. İf we would be together, we could have better troops. HM is a good alliance but, N&C Was better. Dacia is a nice alliance but they was under command of TSO. İ dont think , HM isn't like this.if HM and Dacia wouldn't be ally then make war each other, i think the server could be different and we could see more war and report. That allies are most online and spent most gold in this game and they got ally each other like 2/2 and you talk about perfection.

      The game was finish 1 week earlier. Made stupid plans and unfortunally failed. We cant share the reports.

      My question is to other friends, when the game finish TSO wrote their profile like that

      Are we against to TSO like whole server? Or they won the game and after they ignore them :)
    • Schneeente wrote:

      100 views 1 comment. How unexciting.
      i enjoyed the read. Thanks for typing it out m8, I'm hoping you'll join us for next server, this analysis sadly suffers a bit from not being involved in the server directly.
      I know you say this gives you impartiality, but you miss out on a lot of context. And I'm not just saying that cause I'm a TSO fanboy, remember that time i misspoke and called someone a proxy and you immediately started an argument on morality in trav and bots, when the fact was that i was a goof and had misspoke, and that fact would have been obvious to anyone on the server.

      Just an example, still enjoyed the analysis

      TurkC wrote:

      i read the letter.
      This comments written by like who watch from out not inside.

      İts better to make analys the game.in the game N&C/HM and TSO/Dacia was concrescence. But DDPH/İSTANBUL/Hodor was always in war. İf we would be together, we could have better troops. HM is a good alliance but, N&C Was better. Dacia is a nice alliance but they was under command of TSO. İ dont think , HM isn't like this.if HM and Dacia wouldn't be ally then make war each other, i think the server could be different and we could see more war and report. That allies are most online and spent most gold in this game and they got ally each other like 2/2 and you talk about perfection.

      The game was finish 1 week earlier. Made stupid plans and unfortunally failed. We cant share the reports.

      My question is to other friends, when the game finish TSO wrote their profile like that

      Are we against to TSO like whole server? Or they won the game and after they ignore them :)
      I think people greatly overestimate our cooperation with Dacia.
      Dacia was in no way "under our command", they in many cases started bombing people before we got around to it,
      they were the first to start cleaning up our quad of "R" members, we soon joined them which prompted R to move to the boonies.
      Before we were "gifted" our WW, the majority of the deff in Dacia WW when the first hits landed were TSO troops.

      We had aligned interests for the most of the server until right before the end. who betrayed who i wont get into, as that will start a flame war like it did in the other thread.
      But wasn't it obvious to anyone looking that since we were both building a WW, that at some point, something would have to give?
      We might have been better at coordinating with our NAP partners than some where at coordinating with their confeds,
      but that's neither here nor there.

      Why is everyone so salty, every server there's one winner, and they get two weeks of bragging and then you can all challenge us next round.

      I wrote a little Haiku which will have to do for my contribution to this thread
      Bo J. Knows winning
      you can try again next week
      For now sleep is had

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Sup son: Grammar ().

    • I read it enti. I also liked the read. I didnt reply for basically the same reason as "Sup son." I have been telling you all round you dont know what is actually going on you know what you are told and act as if it is truth. You went on one sided information that could or could not be accurate. Then when I would tell you it was wrong you would turn it into "maybe my side was wrong." Well, the problem is I was involved in 90% of the drama so it was actually accurate. I will give you the slight nod that is basically part of my arguement against you that my perception of the events may be different because I am on "one side" but the difference is I know the facts are accurate you rely on here say. So basically .... I didnt want to argue, so I didnt.
      Bo knows!
      Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.


      Blah blah blah.... been playing sense .US started then quit that domain. Im morbid.
      I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.