US1 Alliance Analysis #1

• TS1
    • Foley?_COM wrote:

What's the deal with the SW?

You guys to busy holding hands to do any farming? Or is the SE overpowering you guys already.
      They're too busy smashing their troops on our walls to farm.. I have not decided if they are just that bad, or a bunch of them are killing off their offense and turning anvil or suiciding before they delete..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • odinloki_US wrote:

Foley?_COM wrote:

What's the deal with the SW?

You guys to busy holding hands to do any farming? Or is the SE overpowering you guys already.
      They're too busy smashing their troops on our walls to farm.. I have not decided if they are just that bad, or a bunch of them are killing off their offense and turning anvil or suiciding before they delete..
      Except in addition to that failtrain, we have smashed.....6? 10? More of your towns in our quad. That slip your mind? Your spin game ain't nearly as witty or effective as you'd care to believe.

Your own members are even approaching me, frustrated.

So.......
    • Foley?_COM wrote:

Shouldn't they expect to lose those spawns anyways?
      It hurts a little more than a minor irritating loss when the spawn is STILL the cap and they keep trying to stack them.

Yep, they got us once, but the scales are still wayyyyyy out of balance.

Care to weigh in again Odin? How come SO MANY of your top accounts still have spawn 6c caps?

This is an analysis thread, and that REEKS of fail.
    • Wookie wrote:

Except in addition to that failtrain, we have smashed.....6? 10? More of your towns in our quad. That slip your mind? Your spin game ain't nearly as witty or effective as you'd care to believe.
      Your own members are even approaching me, frustrated.

So.......
      Lol, troll more, you're out of practice.. You know as well as I do those spawns mean nothing..

Foley?_COM wrote:

^^ This.. I wonder if he knows the history of those villas..

Wookie wrote:

Foley?_COM wrote:

It hurts a little more than a minor irritating loss when the spawn is STILL the cap and they keep trying to stack them.
      Yep, they got us once, but the scales are still wayyyyyy out of balance.

Care to weigh in again Odin? How come SO MANY of your top accounts still have spawn 6c caps?

This is an analysis thread, and that REEKS of fail.
      No, it hurts you guys, not us.. Why would we let you guys remove them without being an irritation..? Those spawns still throw parties and ship reso's and they are a thorn in your quad for little to no cost to us.. No need to spin, obvious troll is obvious except those villas are trolling your crew harder than you're trying to troll me.. lol

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • It's fun to spin things on both sides. The reality of the situation is yes, those spawn villages are a pain in the butt for us to have to kill because no matter what we do with them it can be spun into a victory for TA. We leave them be and they generate CP/Reso/Troops to harass us. We kill them and it's at a cost of troops for us. However, we have more troops to use than you do because we have far more competent players. So it's a wash, the hammers used this weekend were built specifically for the task of killing those villages. Meaning, we still have plenty of troops to use for later. Hell, some of the hammers meant to splat survived intact, you all didn't even defend poor Generolas because you were stacking Master "reinsponge" Scott. It's easy to zero out villages of TA, all we need to do is fake Masterscott and boom everything else is open.

Good fights this weekend, looking forward to more.
    • Sir William PD_US wrote:

It's fun to spin things on both sides. The reality of the situation is yes, those spawn villages are a pain in the butt for us to have to kill because no matter what we do with them it can be spun into a victory for TA.
      Agreed..

Sir William PD_US wrote:

However, we have more troops to use than you do because we have far more competent players.
      Hahahaha.. You amuse me.. Please factually back up this speculation..

Sir William PD_US wrote:

So it's a wash, the hammers used this weekend were built specifically for the task of killing those villages.
      Ok, wait.. As amusing as you are, please tell me you aren't here actually claiming your team is spending valuable reso's just to throw them away, when we're as close as we are to arty time..??
      Do you really expect anyone here who's played the game for at least 2 servers to believe this..??

Will someone else from the s/w please come try their hand at trolling.. Between Wookie being out of the game for too long, and Delusion being...well, delusional.. my attention span lacks for engagement..

Sir William PD_US wrote:

It's easy to zero out villages of TA, all we need to do is fake Masterscott and boom everything else is open.
      Yes, because we only defend the leader..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• You act like it's a giant accomplishment that you wipe out our villages that are in your quad. If those villages were in the quad with the rest of our alliance there is absolutely no way you would be able to take them.

And you're wasting far more on them then they are worth to our alliance, we're just slowing you down from taking your own quad with 10 players vs your two alliances.

But yes, have fun reveling in your victory over a few villages.
    • I love it when the name calling starts and people start making accounts on the forum.

Staying on topic though, this is a win for both teams and also a loss for both. Until we see 'every' single battle evaluated for loss and gain, we can't really say who's benefiting from your splatting and zero popping.
      But then again, this is where people fight because they can't come to terms with the fact that maybe, just maybe, they really did lose. So, good luck to every special snowflake here. You guys have fun.

*Grabs popcorn*

Edit: I used to have like 3.5k post, and now I have 32. It's like a giant part of my travian 'career' just vanished. :(
    • Sir William PD_US wrote:

It's fun to spin things on both sides. The reality of the situation is yes, those spawn villages are a pain in the butt for us to have to kill because no matter what we do with them it can be spun into a victory for TA. We leave them be and they generate CP/Reso/Troops to harass us. We kill them and it's at a cost of troops for us. However, we have more troops to use than you do because we have far more competent players. So it's a wash, the hammers used this weekend were built specifically for the task of killing those villages. Meaning, we still have plenty of troops to use for later. Hell, some of the hammers meant to splat survived intact, you all didn't even defend poor Generolas because you were stacking Master "reinsponge" Scott. It's easy to zero out villages of TA, all we need to do is fake Masterscott and boom everything else is open.

Good fights this weekend, looking forward to more.
      I can't comprehend how you think you can spin this as a "wash". Everyone except 4 or 5 of our players decided to just abandon the spawn, as it's not really worth defending them. It's pretty rare to be able to take out any troops on a sinking spawn. There are several villages you've sent full hammers on where the players themselves are catting the villa. Of those 4 or 5 players who decided to have some fun on the way out, you've destroyed one over the past few weeks. And to be fair, you guys took out wing and his mini cat-factory that has shredded several of your villas and it only cost you about 2.5 hammers at his villa alone (lol). But the fact that it took you three weeks to kill ONE of these is by no means impressive. Not to mention the fact that of the top 10 defenders of the week, 6 are a direct result of your attacks on wing and masterscott.

Most of these players are building up their cap clusters and using resources exclusively from their spawns to keep up this little game. We're losing essentially nothing. To claim the hammers were built "just for this" is not a good excuse (also I don't believe Excelsior built a 5k cap hammer with the intent of splatting it). Those res could have gone to building a hammer. Or to improving CP or infrastructure. Or literally anything else that resources do. 10 million lost resources are 10 million lost resources no matter how you slice it.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

When you become more relevant, I'll engage in more conversation with you. Until then, I don't need to factually explain anything to you. 644 posts on a mostly dead forum tell me all I need to know.
      Lol what? I got 65 posts last round as a not super active forums member of a non very active server on the forums. If I had played as many rounds as Greg, I'd have more than that many. Not to mention that s1 posts about 80% of the posts on these forums. This is such an odd place to try and grab the moral high ground. Especially the "when you become more relevant." How is this coming form the dinky little 5 villa account with barely any attack or defense points and one 25% oases attached to the cap? Sounds like someone else needs to become relevant...

At this point, your best bet is just to admit it. You've lost this one battle. Now come back and prove to us that this was just a fluke and that you'll do better next time. Otherwise we'll just keep snickering about this little "op" you're so passionately defending.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Armour_US ().

• TA'a only reasonable choice was to give up those spawns.
      Snafu's and Susfu's only reasonable choice was to remove those spawns.
      Any spin one way or the other in that regard is pointless, worthless drivel. Vinit was right in that it can be both a win and a loss for each team.

I'll admit I did have a chuckle at the comment of 'this close to artifacts'... They are forever and a half away still. Old Mac and I proved that argument wrong in the past and did damage with minimal loss against what was thought too risky at the time.
      We could theoretically lose our entire alliance worth of hammers and still have enough time to bounce back and build artifact hammers for each of those accounts...

But... Sure. The main thing I've taken from all of this is that we'll be able to continue rolling troops without the threat of retaliation. Makes for a boring game for our anvils.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • Scarecrow wrote:

TA'a only reasonable choice was to give up those spawns.
      Snafu's and Susfu's only reasonable choice was to remove those spawns.
      Any spin one way or the other in that regard is pointless, worthless drivel. Vinit was right in that it can be both a win and a loss for each team.

But... Sure. The main thing I've taken from all of this is that we'll be able to continue rolling troops without the threat of retaliation. Makes for a boring game for our anvils.
      Alright... Maybe I'm a little slow but I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say. How was this a loss for us? Why do you think you can continue to roll troops? What does any of this have to do with anvils?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here; I am just legitimately very confused.

The one point I did understand is that you're very right about artifacts at this point.
    • Loss of spawn = loss of CP production. Many of the accounts are of the size where they may be beginning to see large parties as more worthwhile than small parties. The loss of static CP from the spawn may delay that increased production.
      There were also references made to those spawns being used to siphon res from the SW to the SE. As the spawns are removed, that is no longer able to happen.
      That represents the loss for TA. The win for TA was that those spawns were expendable by virtue of their location and that the SW had to take troop losses in order to remove them.

Hence my position that the politicking regarding whether it was a win or loss is *Yawn*.

With regards to the continue to roll troops comment, odinloki has said we are too close to artifacts and that any troop losses at this time were unacceptable. If one of the most coreward players of the SE (and one of the most respected) is fearful of his troops due to the timing of the server, it represents a loss of offensive assets in the region. This can potentially have a roll on effect as more and more hammers believe any offensive actions to be too risky without the support of others; a self-feeding loop if you will.

If this happens, then the SW can continue offensive operations without fear of retaliation from the SE. There may be individual retaliations but piecemeal responses tend to run into walls more often than not.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • Scarecrow wrote:

Loss of spawn = loss of CP production. Many of the accounts are of the size where they may be beginning to see large parties as more worthwhile than small parties. The loss of static CP from the spawn may delay that increased production.
      There were also references made to those spawns being used to siphon res from the SW to the SE. As the spawns are removed, that is no longer able to happen.
      That represents the loss for TA. The win for TA was that those spawns were expendable by virtue of their location and that the SW had to take troop losses in order to remove them.

Hence my position that the politicking regarding whether it was a win or loss is *Yawn*.

With regards to the continue to roll troops comment, odinloki has said we are too close to artifacts and that any troop losses at this time were unacceptable. If one of the most coreward players of the SE (and one of the most respected) is fearful of his troops due to the timing of the server, it represents a loss of offensive assets in the region. This can potentially have a roll on effect as more and more hammers believe any offensive actions to be too risky without the support of others; a self-feeding loop if you will.

If this happens, then the SW can continue offensive operations without fear of retaliation from the SE. There may be individual retaliations but piecemeal responses tend to run into walls more often than not.
      Ah, fair enough. I'd argue that the SW lost an order of magnitude more potential CP and raiding income in the form of wasted resources and troops, but that's a matter of opinion so probably not worth discussing. And don't worry about us slowing down; there's a reason we still have 65% more attack points than the second place alliance :) (and double the defense points)
    • New

Scarecrow wrote:

Weird. Ive done everything solo so far and you haven't been able to run my troops into a wall...Guess ill keep working the SW and maybe y'all will get lucky.

The part that gets me, is you have all focused on removing the SE accounts from the SW, but left the NW accounts alone. For example, the Swan account is in the middle of the SW and you haven't even touched him. Conquincidence?

I get that you have plenty of people on your "team" that dislike the SE, sure... but why haven't you touched the NW? Regardless, i've never even seen a report from the SW towards the NW or vise versa.

Is there something we should know Scarecrow? Is the SW huggling as per the usual already?

*wonders*