The Rumour Mill

• TS2

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Why are you obsessed with core, or is it you are too scared to criticise anyone else.

Everyone can see you are totally outmatched by GoT longterm.

Rumour Nick got knocked back by Corts and is now stalking. Core arent preformed so are more mixed. We dont know eachother so naturally theres teething problems, but dont see why we deserve constant negatives on this forum.

TFC seem great, GoT seem great and the few nemris Ive spoken to seem like decent people. We all enjoy the ridiculousness of social fallout on this game but give it a rest constantly picking on us please.

The last time I played a uk server the north east was dominated by a 40 year old bloke pretending to be a twenty something year old female model/UN diplomat charged with bringing internet and so travian with the world. They had 6 multiaccounts claimed to be her RL female bodyguards. Sound stupid, well they had 6 full wings and everyone was in it. The alliance leaders all believed it internally.

We are doing ok Nick. Lets have fun.
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

Rumour has it core can't take a bit of banter
      I am not convinced that is the case.
      My reason being that when TFC and Core™ were in talks about a merger Corts seemed quite interested and even had an alliance vote about it which went in favor of the merge but unbeknown to us Corts didn't really understand what merge meant and when it was explained to her she just stopped talks and pulled out without so much of any explanation.

Therefore my conclusion is does Corts actually understand what banter is. Maybe if some one took time to explain banter to her we could all have a good laugh together.
    • Blue wrote:

Hawk wrote:

I heard a rumour that despite rumour mills being good at providing a bit of friendly banter, the forum still requests users remain polite and respectful ;)
      Yes I have heard that rumor Hawk but thought it was just a rumor :thumbsup:

Or is it just a rumour?... :huh:

Smith wrote:

Hawk wrote:

I heard a rumour that despite rumour mills being good at providing a bit of friendly banter, the forum still requests users remain polite and respectful
      But...but....this means I can't say anything about that "so called " leader of GoT ... :(

You can still talk about other players, just try to avoid naming them if you're going to talk negatively about them. For instance

Good - "Phillip's leadership of the artefact release was poor, considering Phillip has lead alliances at this stage of the game for several years"

Not so good - "Phillip is an absolute moron who shouldn't be playing. He might as well quit and go home for all the good he's doing"

Generally it's best to avoid name calling in general, but even more so when we're talking about specific people. The main concern I have when reading content is around tone of voice since it's really difficult to interpret tone of voice online, so you could be saying something intended to be humorous and light hearted that you may say out loud in person, but someone else reading it online may interpret it as offensive, insulting, or even bullying. With that in mind, sometimes we might moderate a post and our edit seems over the top, but it might be we're reading it from a different perspective.

Hope that helps clarify? I don't want to take the fun out of the forum for you, but equally we don't want to take the fun out for anyone else either :)

*takes moderator hat off*
      I heard a rumour arte def was going to be much lower this round :(
    • Hawk wrote:

Blue wrote:

Hawk wrote:

I heard a rumour that despite rumour mills being good at providing a bit of friendly banter, the forum still requests users remain polite and respectful ;)
      Yes I have heard that rumor Hawk but thought it was just a rumor :thumbsup:
      Or is it just a rumour?... :huh:

Phillip is an absolute moron who shouldn't be playing. He might as well quit and go home for all the good he's doing

notorious crunchie wrote:

Meme wrote:

Who is Phillip?
      Phillip is an absolute moron who shouldn't be playing. He might as well quit and go home for all the good he's doing
      I can't believe what I'm seeing, I've been insulted by a Mod and another player. Now who do I talk to about this revolting language!?!?