Bot detection script

    • Bot detection script

      This is a message for TG.
      Years ago they made a bot detection script, to make the game more fair.
      But now, anno 2017, this script is getting crap or the bots are getting smarter.

      However, there is a big problem going on, on the F&S server.
      Here some stats:

      Start of the server: 11.000 players.
      30 minutes ago 5700 players
      Now: 3700 players.

      That means 66% of the whole server is deleted.
      I just don't believe there were 7300 bots on the server. And if there were, TG MUST do something about it.
      Why just don't integrate a Captcha of something on the registration page? Do something about those bots. It's getting annoying and frustrating.

      The next time you're gonna mass delete all those bots, please inform us.
      Now we're suiciding on Natars without announcement. Thanks TG...
      NLX: Team Rocket, Zinderin, V-Vogels (Mr. De Uil)
      COMX: N&C (Thomas de Trein)
      RoA COM: Twelve Monkeys (Harambe)
    • It is meaningless stat if you don't tell us what part of activ players where supposedly slaugtered. A lot of player join a server to give a hand to a friend at the start (even so it is illegal) Or duals create severals account at start to choose the best starting locations.
      Some others want to start a server then realize they have others things to do or lose 15 clubs on an unlucky respawn and delete or after the first few easy quests get bored of waiting (if they are new players).
      I wouldn't be surprised that all those different cases are a huge part of the deleted accounts.
      A la perfection
      Je vais amputer un pied
      Je l'aime boiteuse
    • Ovili wrote:

      It is meaningless stat if you don't tell us what part of activ players where supposedly slaugtered. A lot of player join a server to give a hand to a friend at the start (even so it is illegal) Or duals create severals account at start to choose the best starting locations.
      Some others want to start a server then realize they have others things to do or lose 15 clubs on an unlucky respawn and delete or after the first few easy quests get bored of waiting (if they are new players).
      I wouldn't be surprised that all those different cases are a huge part of the deleted accounts.
      The main concern is account getting deleted at a ridiculous rate. Yes, all account deleted are inactives, no one will contest that but most of the time accounts are deleted slowly to keep the in game farming economy running.

      Raiders will expect their farm list to decrease every week as TG delete them, but certainly not 60%+ of their farm (income) deleted in a few hours and turned to natars. It is just abnormal and harmful.
    • -W- wrote:

      Ovili wrote:

      It is meaningless stat if you don't tell us what part of activ players where supposedly slaugtered. A lot of player join a server to give a hand to a friend at the start (even so it is illegal) Or duals create severals account at start to choose the best starting locations.
      Some others want to start a server then realize they have others things to do or lose 15 clubs on an unlucky respawn and delete or after the first few easy quests get bored of waiting (if they are new players).
      I wouldn't be surprised that all those different cases are a huge part of the deleted accounts.
      The main concern is account getting deleted at a ridiculous rate. Yes, all account deleted are inactives, no one will contest that but most of the time accounts are deleted slowly to keep the in game farming economy running.
      Raiders will expect their farm list to decrease every week as TG delete them, but certainly not 60%+ of their farm (income) deleted in a few hours and turned to natars. It is just abnormal and harmful.
      well without the cheat (bots) they wouldn't have raid that much so that's fair to delete them^^
      TT 2017 : Yuri boyka
    • Last night we experienced huge rate of red swords on farmlist. Farms, suddenly, started build troops. I suspect bots activation (for whatever reason) which resulted in blanket deletion of inactive accounts. Red swords were nowhere near 60% that were deleted though. And the deletion resulted in 300 natars villages with troops which brought even more red swords. At the very least, there could be in game warning about mass deletion coming. yesterday you punished most active accounts for no reason.

      On the side note, one of our accounts logged in during that dreadful hour and found very disturbing "you have been banned, you account is on deletion" with 16 mins or so on the clock. Lucky for him and for us support responded very quickly (refreshing and very much appreciated) and canceled the deletion. Just another proof that your system is nowhere near reliable. That makes me think that not all deleted account were actually bots, far from it if even good solid active account got into the net.

      And another note - you closed the server for registrations because it was full and now we are down to 3K. Great job.

      Let's face it. The accounts that were deleted, or most of them at least, are bots or in some other way illegal. There is just no other option. There are not many casual people or newcomers who would leave account behind after turned into a farm. The reality is whatever we farm normally are bots,someone's abandoned multies or friendlies. There will never be decent farming with that little amount of players. TG needs to find a way to provide people extra income if they are active. When I started playing oases were farmable, natars were farmable. Both are not anymore, losses are too big. Last ROA had boosted start which resulted in high raiding numbers as well - dismissed.

      I understand you have bots war on high priority list and we all support it, but frankly speaking at the moment this war damage everyone else even more. I suggested it gazillion times already - just forbid all interactions (resources send, reinforcement) between not allied accounts. Bots and multies will become useless.

      Raging Bull_AU wrote:

      well without the cheat (bots) they wouldn't have raid that much so that's fair to delete them^^
      If you have proofs report them to Multihunter. if you are incapable of doing something does not mean others cheat.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ELE ().

    • Raging Bull_AU wrote:

      -W- wrote:

      Ovili wrote:

      It is meaningless stat if you don't tell us what part of activ players where supposedly slaugtered. A lot of player join a server to give a hand to a friend at the start (even so it is illegal) Or duals create severals account at start to choose the best starting locations.
      Some others want to start a server then realize they have others things to do or lose 15 clubs on an unlucky respawn and delete or after the first few easy quests get bored of waiting (if they are new players).
      I wouldn't be surprised that all those different cases are a huge part of the deleted accounts.
      The main concern is account getting deleted at a ridiculous rate. Yes, all account deleted are inactives, no one will contest that but most of the time accounts are deleted slowly to keep the in game farming economy running.Raiders will expect their farm list to decrease every week as TG delete them, but certainly not 60%+ of their farm (income) deleted in a few hours and turned to natars. It is just abnormal and harmful.
      well without the cheat (bots) they wouldn't have raid that much so that's fair to delete them^^
      It is certainly possible to raid that much without cheat. Learn to farm efficiently, it isn't that hard.

      Upholding the rule is necessary, it's obvious. But it can be done in a non game breaking way. Increase deletion rate slightly, do it over several days is even ok. But certainly don't delete 40% of the game economy in one go.
    • Whoever made this change just lost this game a good paying customer, great job. I spent 3 weeks making only cavalry for raiding and not doing upgrades to fields, first this I woke up I though my sitter deleted about 70% of my farms and turned rest into Natars.
      You can't change rules all of sudden and expect to keep players on, I was spending $50+ monthly here and am leaving this server. You guys need to understand that you exist for customer...



      Late edit - apparently guys on my Skype group claim it was same MH who done similar on ts7, guys nick is "Lost Legend". I say, good job, saved me some coffee money this month from this game.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by choky27 ().

    • I notice that you have banned a lot of accounts on ts7.

      I feel I should mention that i am a long time Trav player (10+years?). This is my first non kingdoms server for a while.

      Whilst i fully appreciate the need to remove mutlis and any form of cheating from the game. I think that this highlights the very small number of actual players on the server. I would not have an issue were it not for the fact that my army has mostly relied upon many of these accounts to feed my troops.

      I think that when your real player base is so low, they actually contribute something useful to the game. Of course i would rather they were under the control of TravHQ rather than, I guess, another player who is using them to funnel silver to a main account, or something similar..

      The game as it is, with very low player count, is a shadow of its former self and not very playable, at least in the way I was used to. It seems a sim based game is the only real option for late starters, hours away from the cross quad action.

      Its possible that the meta formed in my quad had emphasised this issue. But this might have also been exacibated by the bots pushing late starters further from center.. Im not sure of your spawn generational algorithm..

      The upshot is that i am now surrounded by banned accounts with few options for any interaction, be it raids, chiefings, defense. Not that i expect to be attacked by these bots.

      Im very close the leaving the server with the view to not return to this version of Trav.

      As has been previously said natars and oasis are not great raid options and i have only found a small handfull of real accounts close to my spawn, let alone my further out cap cropper.
    • New

      Jchym wrote:

      Protection is very simple. As the first of the tasks -> 'answer a question'. It would mean that MH had to check the answers and evaluate it.
      Yes indeed! Or any bot-preventing thing. Even a captcha at the registration will hold off 10-20% of the bots. You can't hold off every single one of them, but answering a question is good for a decent amount.
      NLX: Team Rocket, Zinderin, V-Vogels (Mr. De Uil)
      COMX: N&C (Thomas de Trein)
      RoA COM: Twelve Monkeys (Harambe)
    • New

      I know it is selfish but I would like to hear an answer to my #asktravian2 question :)

      But seriously, this needs to be addressed. I saw the same thing happened on comx yesterday and probably on other servers too. I understand bots need to be deleted, but MH needs to understand that we plan our game (and spend money in certain way) based on what we have on the server. Sometimes it is hard to believe that admins of all sort ever played the game. I feel like someone just pulled the rug from under my feet on Tuesday night. If we knew that server will get below 3K (we are almost there) after 4 weeks we would set up account differently and so would many others.

      I would like to know if TG understand that raiders will leave the game if servers are dry as ts19 now and if yes what you plan to do. Some people will take "tech accounts" route and MHs will enjoy their rule #1 war, but most will just leave.
      I would like to know the reason why oases' respawning rate was change to the point they became unraidable.
      I would like to know the same about natars.
      I would like to know if TG understand that lack of resources you can get farming map fair and square is main driving force behind whole tech accounts culture.
      I would like to know what triggered deletion message in the example above.
      I would like to know why you can't make registration process a bit more complected to cut off bots registering.


      #badmoodstill

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

    • New

      This thread was part of my weekly report so we can try and get some of those questions answered.

      The last question I can tell you some facts thru my experience here playing Travian(since end of 2007) and working for Travian.

      Many times Travian has complicated the registration and logins to help combat the bots. Guess what?

      There were more threads started with players very angrily complaining about that then threads started complaining about bots.

      You have to remember and keep in mind that when you ask for a harder registration and logins then it will affect everyone, not just those cheating. Many people feel since they do not cheat that they should not have to go thru all the anti cheats. However those are the steps that are needed to make it more difficult and even possibly eliminate bot accounts altogether(big dreaming for me but possible).

      I do have some experience with anti-cheats as I have owned and operated servers for some other games and had to deal with cheats just as all games do. Every action that is taken can and will affect all players no matter if you cheat or not. So as players we must decide what we will endure the most of.......

      Putting up with cheating.

      or

      Putting up with the tools that can help prevent the cheating.


      As I stated though I put this thread in my weekly report and will do what I can to try and get answers to all those questions including the last one.
      New sig coming soon!!