2-2-2-12 cropper and 3-3-3-9 croppers with variations

Important reminder! On Tuesday, 28th August 2018 at 10:00 UTC we will ask you to accept the new Terms and Conditions while logging in your game account. Only the owner of the account will be able to accept them. The sitters won't be able to enter the account until the owner accept them.

More information here.

• Templar Knight wrote:

I have always wanted to have a village with only cropfields (x18)
      Heavy raiding and some ingenuity will bring in the resources.

Spawn them at a rate of about 10% of the 1st days registrations.

Imagine having about 2 of those in your account. :evil:
      I think this is possibly the best thing I have ever seen Travian staff suggest. Why don't you forward your suggestion to the tech/dev teams at HQ :thumbsup: They would likely listen to you more than any of us peasants down here
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |
    • Rtelling wrote:

The warehouse will need a lot of time to get filled up haha
      Rather unlikely, as you'd probably be golding there like a maniac. Upgrading res fields is practically useless in those anyway... That being said, @day50 you would probably be rocking lv17 fields and a 120k/h production, you probably know where this leads to. :D Countless alarms and everything, otherwise crop spillage.

Templar Knight wrote:

In the most optimal example it's like having a 15c, but only 20% more crop production.
      In the case of an Egyptian however with a small diet artifact you'd be able to hold 840k/h worth of troops, which is quite an absurd amount to hold and NOT have negative crop. :D

That being said, if implemented I'd make it as a gray area exclusive, so people there would be able to hold more troops, since they're more endangered than those who have settles in Antarctica or Greenland.

Pumpkin Pie wrote:

This could easily be added on to 2-2-2-12 villages with 1-2-3-12, 1-3-2-12, 2-3-1-12, 2-1-3-12, 3-1-2-12, or 3-2-1-12 variations
      The Idea of a 2-2-2-12 was brought up multiple times, but it never caught up because:

-A 15c is what it is, you need to import a lot of res and spend some gold on it if you want to develop it fast.
      -A 9c being somewhat self-sustainable by having 3 res fields of each, does need some res import, but not so much and gold is basically not a must.
      -A 12c would be the perfect middle between those theoretically, but yet 2 fields of each resource means you're not getting nearly enough of other res for it to be self-sustainable and you'd probably have to import a lot and spend some gold on it regardless. In which case you're better off with a 15c.

And regarding variations, it's just not worth with this few fields. You don't see variations of 9c already. :D

Blobfish - si2 2017/18
    • daz wrote:

Templar Knight wrote:

I think this is possibly the best thing I have ever seen Travian staff suggest. Why don't you forward your suggestion to the tech/dev teams at HQ :thumbsup: They would likely listen to you more than any of us peasants down here
      When it comes to the Dev, we are equals. ;)
      Every suggestion on the forum is compiled and forwarded to them weekly. So any good suggestions will definitely be forwarded to them.
    • Mod Deadpool wrote:

daz wrote:

Templar Knight wrote:

When it comes to the Dev, we are equals. ;) Every suggestion on the forum is compiled and forwarded to them weekly. So any good suggestions will definitely be forwarded to them.
      So a 'CM' has no more influence than us guys at the bottom of the pecking order?
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |
    • 18c yes. 12c no.

Right now, a 15c, the standard is to not build the res bonus buildings (except crop) as it does not add enough to be worthwhile. On a 12c, it will be tempting for peope to build these buildings, pain in the butt taking up those 3 extra slots.

And 18 c though? That would be nice :P
    • morgasshk_AU wrote:

Right now, a 15c, the standard is to not build the res bonus buildings (except crop) as it does not add enough to be worthwhile

WHAT ?!

have you done the math for return of resources invested ? I bet you did not
      even without sawmill / iron foundry / brickyard - those fields are definitely worth it and you should build them, altough on lower levels than crops obviously .
      on average 2 levels lower W/C/I fields are about as effective as crops with 150% oases

2x The Legend of 2017(com+SK)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My english is not perfect, but it´s most likely better than your slovenčina :D
    • Are you suggesting that you shouldn't build the factories for those fields? I read the previous post as it being the factories that aren't worth while in a 15c, not the fields, but that they might be worthwhile in a theoretical 12c.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • oh he was talking about those factories

well... they are always worth it - if you don´t need space for something else :D
      in capitol obviously you do want more warehouses / granaries
      but if you have c15 as non-cap, non-hammer village then why not build those buildings anyway ? they will pay for themselves

2x The Legend of 2017(com+SK)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My english is not perfect, but it´s most likely better than your slovenčina :D
    • 18c is better cause its damn cropper.. but yeah limit it in gray zone + increase cats attack from natars so player must snipe or defend means they must defend some natar waves to make it fair and worth fighting for.. ofc player will hit them too but natars at second day hit will be great that will make them get more villa/defense first then go in for 18c