2-2-2-12 cropper and 3-3-3-9 croppers with variations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• 2-2-2-12 cropper and 3-3-3-9 croppers with variations

We all love our 15 cropper that produces 100K wheat an hour, and we all love our 9 cropper that produces 70K wheat an hour added on to it a reasonable amount of wood, clay, and iron. But some of those aren't perfect. So I have some ideas for making it better.

12 cropper idea: 15 croppers cost a lot of gold to maintain, and can be a pain to build up to all 18s, 19s, or 20s (or 21s if you really think that's a good investment of your resources). The only other option is a 9 cropper, and some people want to build a big hammer and that 9 cropper just doesn't work. I'm offering something in the middle. 12 wheat fields and 2 of each of the other resources. One that won't cost AS much gold, but still give you a large wheat supply.

Modified 9 Croppers: I have to say, a large sum of wheat per hour plus a pretty good sum of wood, clay, and iron is pretty cool! However, some people may want to have a particular resource (just wood, clay iron) that they want to have more of, say, for building a hammer. So, I say that 50% of all 9 croppers either have a 4-3-2-9, 4-2-3-9, 2-4-3-9, 3-4-2-9, 2-3-4-9, or 3-2-4-9 layout. It's still a 9-cropper, but if you're a roman and you want to build a hammer, which costs mostly iron, you can settle a 2-3-4-9 or a 3-2-4-9, and you're still getting the same wheat production per hour. Added on to that you can still settle a regular 3-3-3-9.

This could easily be added on to 2-2-2-12 villages with 1-2-3-12, 1-3-2-12, 2-3-1-12, 2-1-3-12, 3-1-2-12, or 3-2-1-12 variations.
    • I've a simpler solution. Assuming you don't want to NPC excess iron to clay then:

You have iron, and need clay. I have clay and need iron. We trade our excess and everyone is happy, without having to mess with village mechanics.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
    • I like the idea of a 12c but I don't think it would take off, apart from when the 15c's run out.

The idea of a cropper for me isn't just that there are more wheat fields, it's also that each wheat field is more productive than compared to a 6c or non-cap. In other words, the bakery, flour mill, and oases will all give each wheat field higher production amplifying it's wheat production potential. For me, taking out three of those wheat fields for basic res fields would lesser the overall impact of a cropper.

So personally I'd go for a 18c if I could :D but doesn't mean to say others wouldn't see benefit in a 12c :) And building one without gold can be tricky. Not impossible, but not a walk in the park either.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • Ovili wrote:

It is possible to build a 15c without gold. But it is not possible to build a decent capital without gold.
      But yeah it is really painful to build up a 2nd village 15c without gold. Especially if you are a pure simer.
      Strongly disagree. It is what I do every server. It is all about using the mechanics to your advantage There are plenty of players willing to trade on the MP. NPCing is more convenient, but given it is a 9-10 month game, I think I have the ability to wait a little bit longer to have my resources or constructions.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
    • Building your capital, is not about npc but about instant construction. You need 7-11 grand warehouse, and then a single crop from 11-20 is more than 40 days of non-stop production. But that's another topic.

For sustaining the growth of a v2 15c as a non-golder simer, it is possible, but you need to forsake efficiency. With npc, every ressources is the same, so you can just pour all your prod into building your 15c which means that by the the end of week two you should produce about 6K on your 15c. Without npc, it is much harder, because you get a discount for crop, but you have to continue to raise your other ressources on your v1 from 7-10ish which is very inefficient compared to the npc route. For trading. I am yet to be able to trade 5k per hour the first few weeks of a server at a decent rate.
      A la perfection
      Je vais amputer un pied
      Je l'aime boiteuse
    • WIM wrote:

Yeah, only lvl 20s, not all of us can reach 21s.
      If you can reach level 20 without using golds, either you are a wizard, or you have friends in the staff!
      Anyawy, I think that trying to find out a way that will allow people who do not want to spend gold, to build a big hammer is quite useless. And I come to this conclusion for several reasons, for example:
      - If you want to build a very big WW hammer (don't know in the english travian vocabulary how it's called, in italian would be MERAMAIN), you won't succeed, as you cannot use gold to exploit artifacts, and without golds to keep the artifact safe you won't receive it at all.
      - Hammers have a very high wheat consumption. If you are gonna build one up, you will need to have a high developed village, other than a good one. And again, it is quite impossible both the first option and the second.
      - If you have a hammer, you may have the need to destroy lvls of your T.Squares without prior notification, in order to take part in a particular important mission. You might have to do the same with treasury.
      - To build a big hammer you need to start soon, without golds it is impossible both for the developement of the fields and for the developement of the construction.
      - Ecceccecc

And anyway, instead of having an hammer with a 60/70k consumption that cannot use golds, I would rather prefer, as the chief of the alliance, having an account with a doubled consumption in defenses, which is quite useful and easier.
      Βασιλεὺς βασιλέων Ὀσυμανδύας εἰμί. Εἰ δέ τις εἰδέναι βούλεται πηλίκος εἰμὶ καὶ ποῦ κεῖμαι, νικάτω τι τῶν ἐμῶν ἔργων.
      Ozymandias I am, King of Kings. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.
    • REALAUS wrote:

WIM wrote:

If you can reach level 20 without using golds, either you are a wizard, or you have friends in the staff!Anyawy, I think that trying to find out a way that will allow people who do not want to spend gold, to build a big hammer is quite useless. And I come to this conclusion for several reasons, for example:
      - If you want to build a very big WW hammer (don't know in the english travian vocabulary how it's called, in italian would be MERAMAIN), you won't succeed, as you cannot use gold to exploit artifacts, and without golds to keep the artifact safe you won't receive it at all.
      - Hammers have a very high wheat consumption. If you are gonna build one up, you will need to have a high developed village, other than a good one. And again, it is quite impossible both the first option and the second.
      - If you have a hammer, you may have the need to destroy lvls of your T.Squares without prior notification, in order to take part in a particular important mission. You might have to do the same with treasury.
      - To build a big hammer you need to start soon, without golds it is impossible both for the developement of the fields and for the developement of the construction.
      - Ecceccecc

And anyway, instead of having an hammer with a 60/70k consumption that cannot use golds, I would rather prefer, as the chief of the alliance, having an account with a doubled consumption in defenses, which is quite useful and easier.

My grandad, may he rest in peace, taught me 2 things in life.

1) Just because you cannot achieve something doesn’t mean it cannot be achieved.

2) Never take war advice from an Italian.

:thumbup:
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

REALAUS wrote:

WIM wrote:

If you can reach level 20 without using golds, either you are a wizard, or you have friends in the staff!Anyawy, I think that trying to find out a way that will allow people who do not want to spend gold, to build a big hammer is quite useless. And I come to this conclusion for several reasons, for example:- If you want to build a very big WW hammer (don't know in the english travian vocabulary how it's called, in italian would be MERAMAIN), you won't succeed, as you cannot use gold to exploit artifacts, and without golds to keep the artifact safe you won't receive it at all.
      - Ecceccecc

My grandad, may he rest in peace, taught me 2 things in life.

1) Just because you cannot achieve something doesn’t mean it cannot be achieved.

2) Never take war advice from an Italian.

:thumbup:
      1) Usually I'd say you are right, but I have been playing travian for too many years to say so in this situation!
      2) I must say you are right here... We are very good at making wrong, if not disastrous, alliances if you're interested!!!! :D
      Βασιλεὺς βασιλέων Ὀσυμανδύας εἰμί. Εἰ δέ τις εἰδέναι βούλεται πηλίκος εἰμὶ καὶ ποῦ κεῖμαι, νικάτω τι τῶν ἐμῶν ἔργων.
      Ozymandias I am, King of Kings. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.