[UK] Halloween 2017

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• [UK] Halloween 2017

Dear players!

Cold winds from the Northern Ice peaks bring scary things to the world of Travian. Ghost dragons were seen in the sky and the fallen are raising from the graveyards! And it means….

That it’s almost time for our Traditional Halloween Picture contest!

Grab your creativity and use your skills to create the funniest (or scariest?) Halloween picture of Travian!

Participants and winners will of course get gold prizes. The best of each community will enter the final stage where a jury will decide the international winner and the winning image will be used as a header for our Facebook page on Halloween!

Important:
      • The first stage starts on 17.10 at 09:00 UK Time and will last till 23.10 at 09:00 UK Time
      • You are allowed to participate in every community you’d like, but for each community you have to post a different image.
      • Each player can get nor more than 1 “participation reward” per domain and the gold will be granted only on the domain where player took part in the contest.
      • Created image should be exactly 828 x 315 in .jpg or .png high resolution format.
      • The image should contain Travian Logo on the right upper or right bottom corner.
      • It’s up to you whether to use the 3 main characters image we provide or not, but the final image should have Halloween & Travian feeling and taste.
      • Please, remember, that you can’t use pictures covered by copyright.
      • In the attached zip file you'll find: Travian Logo, 3 main characters from the main page and muster file for creating image of exact size.
      • The coolest pictures will be uploaded to Facebook in the Halloween gallery
      Prizes:

10 gold – Each participant that posted a picture that met our requirements will get it as small “participation reward”.

50 gold – for second and third place on each local domain

150 gold – for the first place in each local domain competition.

Absolute winner of international jury vote will get a T-shirt and highlight of the picture as official cover picture for Facebook during the Halloween period!

In the attached file you'll find

1) Muster file with exact dimensions
      2) Start page hero image
      3) Travian logo

halloween_Contest.zip
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Woah, then you spend hours in paint to findout you guys have photoshop :-o Nice uploads, so far, hope mine is even taken intro considerations :)

And then I dont even do it right and have to do it all over... Wrong placement of logo.. Iam not allowed to edit my post I so do the right one here, sorry for multi-posting.

- Not to be all negative, nice event :D

• Hey Folks

Some excellent submissions made this very difficult to judge.

We of course had to do some image checking ourselves to look up copyright etc which was also useful in helping us spot those images taken straight from the internet and posted here with just minor edits.

Judging was done by myself with some assistance from the mod team.

As stated everyone gets 10 gold – just for posting. If you did not give your server details please send me a PM with the location you wish to receive your gold (must be on a UK server)

In first place receiving 150 gold is:

olyfurious wrote:

Travian UK6
      Account: Olyfurious

It was a difficult choice but I loved the simplicity of this one paired with sharp contrast of the main image against the hazy background.
      Some effort had also been made to blend the travian log and text.

Overall a very good professional looking image

In Second place receiving 50 gold is:

MyslBo wrote:

Server: tx3.travian.com
      Nickname: Gottfried

We loved the autumn colours on this one as well as the imagination used to make the soldiers fit into the Halloween theme. The logo placement seemed a little out of place, compared to the other editing work it appeared more of an after thought.This was a very close second place

In Third place receiving 50 gold is:

HellHunt wrote:

Decided to make a second one because I was bored.

Server: ts6.travian.co.uk
      In game name: HellHunt

Another good entry. This one made it to third place based on the majority of the image being taken directly from the internet and only minor edits being made to fit the theme. The blending around the hood was not quite as crisp as the previous entry's but over all an excellent effort
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78