WW Thread

• TS3

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• You can say that ultimately everyone has rights to send their hammers to wherever they want to. I can't argue right on this server about my hammer because it wasn't something special, but on every other server i had WWk or WWr, even if sometimes i didn't agree with people which were talking about who to attack, i did send, because it was for the same cause. Even if i liked people which i was attacking more than those i really wanted to attack. But that's just me. I think more minds know more than a single one.
    • Not immediatly, everything is to be questioned, but consider this. If you see boxes of cash(for the discussion sake, this could be something you value, doesn't have to be money) lying on the ground and lots of people taking it, would you go to try grab some or would you act superior and tell them they are sheeps? Majority opinion is not always right, but most of the times is. Or another example, you see a bump on the road which every car is avoiding, will you drive on it just to prove you're not sheep, or maybe go convincing the people that they shouldn't be avoiding it?
      I always liked those xD
      Anyway, my point is, accepting majority opinions is the base of the modern world. So it shouldn't be discarded immediatly on the travian also.
    • If I saw boxes of cash would I dive in? No. No I wouldn't. I'd think 'trap'. At best it'd probably be theft. Not that what's going on there is especially similar.

Majority opinion is far too often wrong for me. I can't think of a single position I have taken because it's the majority position. I've made unpopular calls and argued hard for them this server in MFH because they were right. I also supported very popular decisions because they were right too - not because of popularity.

You might want to look up the fallacy 'argument ad populum'

johnny_og_ole wrote:

i am a yellow sheep

A yellow sheep could've produced a better army.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

• You have a point about cash question, that's why i've said the second question with bumps on the road. xD

MartinJames_UK wrote:

I also supported very popular decisions because they were right too
      And that's my point exactly, just because majority is for something, it doesn't mean it's wrong. Going immediatly away from it just for the sake of being different is not a way to go and neither is correct way.

MartinJames_UK wrote:

'argument ad populum
      ye, i know about those false arguments that appeal people, i studyied lots of things similar to that out of spite when i was having an argument with my friend about the same matter xD i'm not talking about that. I'm talking about majority people deciding what's right after proper discussion and after all possible real arguments are brought to attention. Not some dogmas that aren't to be questioned and are true just because most of the people think they are right
    • I'm not saying majority makes something right or wrong. I'm saying it shouldn't be a factor in your own decision making, if the majority have a different opinion, argue like hell until the majority are right (i.e hold your opinion) :p

Maybe stuff like this is why I'm the antagonist here. Crunch likes to think he is but he's waaaay too popular.

johnny_og_ole wrote:

no need for an army.
      Oh look, It's null's alliance motto.

• MarkokraM wrote:

Not immediatly, everything is to be questioned, but consider this. If you see boxes of cash(for the discussion sake, this could be something you value, doesn't have to be money) lying on the ground and lots of people taking it, would you go to try grab some or would you act superior and tell them they are sheeps? Majority opinion is not always right, but most of the times is. Or another example, you see a bump on the road which every car is avoiding, will you drive on it just to prove you're not sheep, or maybe go convincing the people that they shouldn't be avoiding it?
      I always liked those xD
      Anyway, my point is, accepting majority opinions is the base of the modern world. So it shouldn't be discarded immediatly on the travian also.

To be fair there once was a time where the majority opinion was that the world was flat, that the earth was the centre of the universe, that they earth was only 6000 years old. Majority opinion isnt worth much if its wrong
      And no I sure as hell wouldn't drive over a bump in the road if I didn't have to, that's a terrible example ^^
      Maybe ca1 didnt fancy being a sheep and going with the 'almost always right majority decision'

MartinJames_UK wrote:

I'm not saying majority makes something right or wrong. I'm saying it shouldn't be a factor in your own decision making, if the majority have a different opinion, argue like hell until the majority are right (i.e hold your opinion) :p

Maybe stuff like this is why I'm the antagonist here. Crunch likes to think he is but he's waaaay too popular.

Didnt you hear, crunchies friend finally had enough and muted him on here ^^
      tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?
    • mutley_UK wrote:

To be fair there once was a time where the majority opinion was that the world was flat, that the earth was the centre of the universe, that they earth was only 6000 years old.
      MJ mentioned that already, argument ad populum.
      You have scientific consenzus that's similar to that. I'm talking about it instead appealing to masses.
      Well, you have dictatorship still in some countries where only one opinion matter, not sure if you would be saying the same thing if living in one of those countries

mutley_UK wrote:

Majority opinion isnt worth much if its wrong
      that's why majority opinios are changing when presented with hard evidences of something else. You don't see people thinking earth is centre of the universe running around.

MartinJames_UK wrote:

argue like hell until the majority are right (i.e hold your opinion)
      another fair thing to do xD
    • MarkokraM wrote:

i did actually, no comment there. That's why i put 'earth is centre of the world' people not running around. I didn't hear for them yet. Or are they the same people? i can't keep track of everything you know xD
      I'm pretty sure part of their 'model' of the universe is that everything revolves around earth, they reckon the sun does at minimum haha.

• New

MartinJames_UK wrote:

MarkokraM wrote:

i did actually, no comment there. That's why i put 'earth is centre of the world' people not running around. I didn't hear for them yet. Or are they the same people? i can't keep track of everything you know xD
      I'm pretty sure part of their 'model' of the universe is that everything revolves around earth, they reckon the sun does at minimum haha.
      I'm sure I read the other day that they believe the sun and the moon are only a few miles from the earth *cwl*
      tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?