Travian 3.x player thinking of returning

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Travian 3.x player thinking of returning

Been a few years since I last played, and it looks like there's been some big changes. If I sign up am I in for sleepless nights, constant shifting of wheat, spies, backstabbing, Skype, hammers, anvils, split second attacking and cutting, chief trains, devoting a year of my life etc, or has that changed? And do teuts still rule. kster.
    • kster wrote:

Been a few years since I last played, and it looks like there's been some big changes. If I sign up am I in for sleepless nights, constant shifting of wheat, spies, backstabbing, Skype, hammers, anvils, split second attacking and cutting, chief trains, devoting a year of my life etc, or has that changed? And do teuts still rule. kster.
      3x now only takes about 3 months a round, so not as long as before. With reduced training times and increased resource output the difference between the tribes has also narrowed meaning romans are clearly the best hybrid tribe, teuts still rule attacking though and gaul phalanx are pretty unbeatable.
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • Created an account on uk6 for a look. Pretty shocking to see the numbers compared to the old days. That number would be low for an endgame back in the days of 3. It's a shame the forums have changed as well. No more looking at the hammers you nurtured etc. Numbers were dropping off when they released 4, and that trend looks to have continued. It's sad to see, and what with drop off rates when new players begin to understand the dedication needed to WW, or hammer build, and natural attrition, it doesn't look like I'll be continuing.

Although sad to leave, I have such good memories of playing uk1 back in the day, friends I still talk to after all that time, all over the world. I guess in these days of graphic rich android the basic style and pure number crunching and time manipulation of the old days look stale to newer players. I see there's still a few players around from those days, friends and enemies in game. Fair play to them for their dedication and keeping the spirit of the game alive. But the days of logging in to the forum to try catch Muds posts before he got banned, and the banter have gone. Good luck to everyone out there still devoting their time to the game. I'll keep my memories of those days intact, and hang up the battleaxe. Have fun out there everyone,

kster