Fool Artifacts

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Fool Artifacts

It is ridiculous that they are treated as account wide artifacts when attempting to conquer an actual large/unique artifact if the ability changes to account wide for the day. Having the ability inactive for that period of time should be sufficient and not hinder players from conquering artifacts.
    • Lol.... you realise it is actually called the FOOL's artifact for this exact reason.... And the potential negative effects - reduced scouts or cranny effectiveness, increased crop usage etc.

Completed 9 Servers (Most Recent)
      Average ally rank - 5th (2nd)
      Average pop - 30,625 (48,610)
      Average Conquer Rank - 14th (1st)
      Average Off rank - 15th (4th) - 541,000 (1,585,505)
      Average Def Rank - 16th (8th) - Kills: 551,000 (1,016,138)
    • Personally, I've had a fool quite a few times. Last server, I marched 350 tiles and it ended up switching to large at the last second and I didn't get. Every time I pick it up, there are days when I seriously regret it and I wish I never picked it up. It's killed tens of thousands of my troops. But I still come back. All these little pains are just part of the love-hate relationship to me. Now I know to send so I land before it switches. I like the fact that it's as obnoxious and nuanced as possible for some incredibly impressive (for a small) returns.
    • gilligan54_US wrote:

The negative effects are a known quantity and have an impact on the effect of the artifact. What I'm arguing is that a small artifact should be treated as a small artifact at all times regardless of effect.
      Like Armour_US is saying below: no. You can't decide that account-wide effects should still be considered a village artefact, when you still get the account bonus. If it's on account bonus, it is treated as an account artefact and therefor you can't steal a second account artefact. You just can't have it both ways: Account bonus but village restrictions... nope.

Armour_US wrote:

Personally, I've had a fool quite a few times. Last server, I marched 350 tiles and it ended up switching to large at the last second and I didn't get. Every time I pick it up, there are days when I seriously regret it and I wish I never picked it up. It's killed tens of thousands of my troops. But I still come back. All these little pains are just part of the love-hate relationship to me. Now I know to send so I land before it switches. I like the fact that it's as obnoxious and nuanced as possible for some incredibly impressive (for a small) returns.

Mod/MH/SH (aug 2007 - feb 2010) // MH (sept 2015)
    • gilligan54_US wrote:

The negative effects are a known quantity and have an impact on the effect of the artifact. What I'm arguing is that a small artifact should be treated as a small artifact at all times regardless of effect.
      Unless something has changed, it is always treated like a small artifact, that is, it fits in a TC level 10. But the restriction isn't on how many large artifacts you can own, it's on how many account-wide effects you can have. Some players mistakenly refer to the restriction as applying to large artifacts, but that's an error on their part, not a problem with the game.

T4 Answers wrote:

At any one time each player is only allowed to use a maximum of three artifacts, of which only one can be account scope.
      S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie S5-r3 Tyche S7-r3 Chuckles
      S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country S5-r7 Office Space S19-r2 The Joker
      S19-r3 Chuckles
    • New

gilligan54_US wrote:

When you acquire an artifact it is inactive for 24 hours (12 on speed). So if you attempt to acquire a small fool and have the capability to do so, you should not be prevented from doing so just because you have an artifact that is already account wide.
      If you can't handle having your day ruined by a small fool before you even get it, I have a feeling you might not enjoy the day-to-day effects of it either. The point of all of these negative effects is to balance out the fact that it really is a pretty great artifact. With that said, TG is usually pretty hesitant to change any game mechanics that the player base's play style has already adapted to. You'll probably be better off learning to adapt to the mechanic. I usually have someone else without a large pick up the fool for me after I clear it, then get it from that player once it's small. Another option of course is if it's less than 24 hrs away to just send while it's small.
    • New

On x1 fools kinda suck, but on x3 & x2 it's easy to use it as a trainer.
      Just conquer your village with the tresaury until you get unique trainer, que troops for 8 hours on x2 or 12 hours on x3 > repeat.
      Tournament Qualify FR 2015 - Warlock
      Tournament final 2016 - Das Båt
      Tournament Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt
      Tournament final 2017 - Triple hammer Ping, Pong & PangPang
      Tournament Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off
      Sez 22 - Pingu
      SE1 2016 - Djungelvrål
      SE3 2017 - Krokodil
      Rux30 - Chip&dale