Compensation?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Compensation?

Normally when Travian screws up I’m the first to leap to their defence.

running loads of servers isn’t easy, event jams, unfriendly incoming code happens. I get that.

wbb.forum.travian.com/attachme…d41b1f6f6f6be8368c264ccfb

20 gold?

What idiot thought it was a good idea? That’s like walking into a pub and giving everyone 20p. Walking into an a football team and giving them a deflated ball.

I’ve seen gladiator helmets go for over 1000 gold, not silver, gold.

HQ have no idea what they are doing,

The only people that would be happy are non gold players. They don’t want 2 weeks of a slightly larger map! Atleast let them have the less than 7 NPCs, they may have a cropper.

I would genuinely rather that no compensation was given (apart from un-killing starved troops of course).

Ridiculous gesture.

The post was edited 2 times, last by m.hudson: impolite words ().

• Not sure why you have decided to call the thread "Compensation?"

It's a gift, a thank you from the company that we have supported throughout the years.

On behalf of notorious crunchie I would like to apologies for his ungrateful behaviour. I can't promise that he won't ever show this type of behaviour again, but I will personally try my best to make sure that this behaviour stays away from the forum.
  • Hello

Thank you for your feedback. The image you provided in the original post does not seem to work.

Can you explain in more detail your concerns so I can pass your feedback to the correct team.

Regards

Matt
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
  • Lemon wrote:

Not sure why you have decided to call the thread "Compensation?"

It's a gift, a thank you from the company that we have supported throughout the years.

On behalf of notorious crunchie I would like to apologies for his ungrateful behaviour. I can't promise that he won't ever show this type of behaviour again, but I will personally try my best to make sure that this behaviour stays away from the forum.
    Will you be administering OTK punishment or will he enjoy that too much?, lol
  • If 20 gold (or two weeks of plus) is nothing to you, then I'd gladly accept a top-up, Crunch. I also wouldn't mind that 20p next time I'm in a pub (which is fairly frequent, given my status as a student).
    S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
    I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
  • notorious crunchie wrote:

You assume too much. You don’t have 10k active players when you constantly treat you customer base like crap.

I would say with the amount of panic gold spent desperately trying to keep troops alive that Travian are still in profit from the event rather than down £10k.
    Never said Travian made a loss, just a potential 10k less in profits, and I would assess 10k to be a reasonable guess given the number of servers running Worldwide, we're not party to the knowledge that it might have also affected Kingdom/special servers too, they've awarded 2 weeks Plus to everyone regardless of activity.
  • Eurypedes wrote:

To put it into financial context, lets assume there are 10k players active on all servers worldwide, this compensation would have cost Travian IRO £10k.
    I love it when people start using figures :love:

600 gold = £15.99
    1 gold = £0.02665 (2 pence)
    20 gold = £0.53
    Active players on uk2 (since non-active players aren't likely to generate income in current state) = 418
    418 x £0.53 = £221.54

Depends on what the average £ value of gold is, since if there are more people buying the 250 package then 1 gold is worth more pennies than if the 1600 package is more popular.

Additionally, Travian may not have lost out on £221.54 of likely revenue since some of the active gold players may not be likely customers meaning there was never potential income there to begin with.

There's also the chance of the freebie inducing guilt-free consumption following on from it. Some players may not feel as guilty about blowing 20 gold on demolishing four buildings and thus spend gold they would have previously not spent, perhaps.

That's all based on publicly available data and assumptions. I'd be geeking out waaaay more if I had access to additional data :evil:
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
  • Hawkery wrote:

Eurypedes wrote:

To put it into financial context, lets assume there are 10k players active on all servers worldwide, this compensation would have cost Travian IRO £10k.
    I love it when people start using figures :love:
    600 gold = £15.99
    1 gold = £0.02665 (2 pence)
    20 gold = £0.53
    Active players on uk2 (since non-active players aren't likely to generate income in current state) = 418
    418 x £0.53 = £221.54

Depends on what the average £ value of gold is, since if there are more people buying the 250 package then 1 gold is worth more pennies than if the 1600 package is more popular.

Additionally, Travian may not have lost out on £221.54 of likely revenue since some of the active gold players may not be likely customers meaning there was never potential income there to begin with.

There's also the chance of the freebie inducing guilt-free consumption following on from it. Some players may not feel as guilty about blowing 20 gold on demolishing four buildings and thus spend gold they would have previously not spent, perhaps.

That's all based on publicly available data and assumptions. I'd be geeking out waaaay more if I had access to additional data :evil:
    You have WAY too much free time. Can'y be arsed to explain it to you.
  • oh it's on! It's on like donkey kong!
    firstly, thats right i'm doing the firstly thing, full on douche mode, i digress, firstly! you have to go by the biggest package. If you aren't using the big pakages then the chances of you using travian plus as a constant are decreased as conservative players who buy the 600 packs are less likely to use the plus feature. Thus 1600 for for 39.99 GBP is the only maths we can realistically work with. This makes it 50p for 20 gold.

On uk2 there is about 270 players. The remainder of those 'active' players are farms or banned accounts. Of those players, I am going to make an educated guess as say any with 4 villages or less at this stage do not use gold at all so it is nearer to 200 players. Then you can factor in your some people not bohering with the plus feature specifically whilst opting to use gold for resources boosting and autocomplete of the ridiculously long build times that it is impracticle to wait for. I will let you off on that one though so lets call it 200 players which is still less than half.

So 200 x 0.50 GBP = 100 smackeroons on a server that is leading up to artefacts so in its prime activity levels as active gold using players only decrease from this point. Speaking of it being the lead up to artefacts, that means hammer builders havent had access to storage artefacts yet so their capitals are partially built leading to negative wheat issues from cap hammers, let alone non-cap hammers. With the inability to land merchants during this event I for one found myself having to NPC the remaining resources that I happened to have in that village into wheat no less than 6 times. Not to mention autocompleting all over the shop as otherwise buildings wouldn't complete naturally, not having a way to remove resources from villages there is little else to spend it on. If each NPC cost 3 gold and I have 11 villages so call it one NPC in each then that makes it 40 gold spent that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Granted all 200 players wouldn't had been forced to the same severity but some would've had it worse. For arguements sake lets balance it at 100 people at that condition of extended gold. Then across the server the revenue balances out and then everyone goes home happy.

Why travian plaus though? Why can't we just have 20 gold to play with? You called it already though i would've worded it differently.

Hawkery wrote:

There's also the chance of the freebie inducing guilt-free consumption following on from it.
    Thank you travian for the kind and thoughtful gift, bring back T3.6!
  • Eurypedes wrote:

You have WAY too much free time. Can'y be arsed to explain it to you.
    Globally it could be closer to £10k :p and I have way too much interest in data... spare time, not so much of that anymore

edit:
    re: crunch.. how players use their gold depending on the package they buy would be interesting data... but I imagine even the 250 package is used for plus / res bonuses. Imagine the kind of player that is likely to regularly buy a 250 package - they probably only use it for the plus features as they are fixed costs every week of a relatively small amount of gold (thus don't need to invest in 1600 unless they only buy one/two packages a server) and so are more likely to benefit from it in that example. While account size isn't indicative of gold use, it could serve as a reasonable judge of the non-gold players. To that I shall concede :p

As for there being a deficit of gold on some accounts due to spending more than 20 gold to manage the situation - this never really crossed my mind as a defender, I have the joy of stress-free accounts. The other accounts where I have neg wheat I can't NPC in the village anyway and there's only so many supply villages I can call on :p one option there then could be to identify when the issue started and refund any gold used in that period - but that leads to a potential myriad of complications. How do you determine if the gold use was due to the downtime or regular game play? How do you even identify gold use in a very specific time frame and provide personalised discounts globally?... <headache>
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hawkery ().