Importance of second village!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Importance of second village!

Hello guys. I started playing Travian few days ago. I watched and read too much of it. Know pretty well but some things i need to clean in my head. One thing i was wondering is "How important is second village?". When i started to play on x3 server, some guy took second beginner protection and he is going growing pretty well. In 3 days he built second village (Main Village 240 pop, second 110) and he's still growing.

In my case. I don't have 2nd village. I'm building army and already started raiding and farming.

My question:
      - How important it is?
      - When should it build ?
      - Is it for resources?
      - I see people use it for crop, but can it be used for other resource ?
      ######################################### :D Share your knowledge :D #########################################

P.S: My troops are Gauls
    • I think second villa is super important, even more than 3rd or 4th... There are a couple of main reasons for that:
      1. The most important reason is since people want to get a good capital for lategame. People are rushing it in order to get a good villa (15 cropper with 150% hopefully). This will allow them later in the game to build a bigger hammer if they are offensive, or more defence troops if they are defensive, as they will gain more crop per hour. It is better to get a cropper than a normal villa as you gain more res. literally, you can build grain mill and bakery to increase wheat production by 50% + 150% oasis + 25% bonus (from gold) on 15 fields of crop is basically the best u can get (ignoring the fact that Egyptians are super op now... cuz 300% oasis).
      2. resource wise, the more you upgrade a field, the less effective the upgrade is (ie a upgrade from 1-2 is more efficient than an upgrade from 9-10) - cost compared to profit per hour.

hope this helps :)
    • There are a lot of guides in this section about settling your second village
      wbb.forum.travian.com/board/1025-guides-tutorials/

What you need to think about before rushing to settle is what you need and what your alliance needs.

If you are planning on building a big offensive army and are willing to use gold, then you need your second village to be a high oasis bonus 15c. These are always in high demand, so will get snapped up very quickly.

If you are not using gold, finding a good 15c and settling a feeder next to it will be a better option if you are reasonably secure that nobody will steal the 15c while you are building up to take it. Often it’s a good idea to scout around a find a spot with a few 25c, 9c and 7c in a small area and make that your base. The further out you are from the centre of the map, the more likely you will be left alone.

Settling your 2nd village in the grey zone, if you are playing a server with one, should be avoided until you
      played a couple of rpunds and know what you are doing,

A good defender can manage with a high level 9c but needs to stay fairly central and have allies willing to feed standing defence. 9c as an offensive player is only possible of you are willing to raid 24/7.

It sometimes takes playing a couple of servers and some luck to find a really good alliance where your leaders give you guidance on where to settle your second village. It used to be common for players to start up on several servers to practice their start game and delete once they got their second village, but that doesn’t happen so much now.