Change to quest order in "T4.4 Adventures Patch 8"

    • Change to quest order in "T4.4 Adventures Patch 8"

      Templar Knight wrote:

      Features:
      - Early game tasks were rearranged to improve the early game
      The changes are in the category Battle:
      Quests 8 and 9 (10 Adventures and Auctions) are moved behind 14 (Upgrade Units)

      What is the reasoning for this change?

      Me, and practically any semi-competitive player would never dream of upgrading units before having completed 10 adventures and used the auctions.

      I don't complete the task normally until at least ½ a month into the server or more, because it's extremely ineffecient, and expensive:
      1. The upgrade is not worth it's own cost until you have a certain amount of units of that type - and we're talking an amount that no player will have within even a week - until you have that amount, it's more efficient res wise to just produce more of the unit, since the cost is smaller than the gain from upgrading the unit.
      2. The reward for completing is of little value to your early game, and the competition to settle 2nd. In fact, the res you spend on the upgrade will set you back significantly in the race for croppers.
      3. Putting other quests after upgrading troops means that you will either waste a large amount of res, just so you can complete these two other quests, or that you won't complete those last two quests until several weeks into the server.


      I didn't mind the quest being there, with little reward - because it was the last quest in the line, so it didn't matter when I completed it. But putting it as something to be done before you even complete 10 adventures? Absurd.

      I get that the quests might be designed to teach new players the different things they can do in the game. But shoehorning both new players and experienced players into wasting res on something that they should never spend res on so early in the game is completely senseless.


      Please restore the former quest order. This way, experienced players can delay upgrading their units until it makes sense, and new players will still be presented with the posiblity of upgrading units, but not until having completed most of the other stuff.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Sorry for late reply wishmaster and saw you started another thread about this same topic.

      I have heard nothing about about the quest order being put back as it was and have not been given any info regarding the whys

      I will make sure to ask again and see if I can squeeze some info out as I know many of you are wanting to know the reasoning behind it.

      Just wanted you to know I have not forgot.

      Just been busy sorting out another domain but will get back to you as I always do.

      Thanks for being patient on this one as a lot has been going on.

      :|
    • PLEASE DO NOT PUT IT BACK IN ORDER! I will half thank you for this update. A little grateful because now we do not have to wait 3 days to take the 1400 resources from barracks 3, 740 of Academy and 2000 from smithy. Even if it means giving up on 730 resources that you get from auctions.
      The whole point of this shift is obviously because earlier you needed to wait 3 days to have the 10th adventure + Auctions which would lock this portion of the task list.
      But I have to say that it defeats the purpose of this shift which is obviously to make the tasks go smooth and without the waiting period of 3+ days for 10 adventures + Auctions. I'd request you to ask the developers to shift the task by 1 step. That way auctions + adventure task is not going to get locked behind Research Unit + Smithy Upgrade. Doesn't matter if it's one step or two steps ahead of smithy since you can complete two tasks at a time.


      Though I'll go ahead and say that teutons will be able to research scouts with some bounty due to auctions + research bounty of academy. But other tribes will be at a slight disadvantage here. (I've never bothered to note the resource given by Unit Research :p Since earlier it was meaningless to reasearch pre-settling. So maybe the above statement is slightly off the mark)


      Basically: Please move adventures + auctions 1 step ahead only. If not possible, keep it where it is. We always have barracks3 etc before 10 adventures.

      AbounA wrote:


      i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro
    • Okay Everyone

      Here is some info I can share about this quest order change.

      It was done to help the newer player out a bit as well as make it even more simple for the experienced player.

      The grain mill change is done for basically same thing too. This will allow an experienced player to use those resources for something other then level 2 grain mill if they want.

      This gives you more resources to do what you want with if you wish. Although it is the amount of what level 2 grain mill costs it gives the experienced players an option to build troops because you don't want me showing up at your gates and have no troops.

      :evil:
    • Regardless of whether it provides more resources (a good thing), it still promotes inefficient gameplay. As Wishmaster rightly stated unit upgrades prior to X amount of units is entirely wasteful. The reason players become the best in this game is a largely a product of playing as efficiently as possible (time being another important factor).

      Teaching new players to play inefficiently may doom them to the life of a farm and eventually be driven from the game by those who are far more efficient.

      The easiest solution here would be to move the unit upgrade back to the back of the quest pile again. This would still have the adventures and auctions moved back from their original position achieving the original goal of the move, while reducing the negative impact of putting them behind the unit upgrade.

      This does bring up a question of whether the quest system as currently conceived really helps players get acclimated to the game. Though I think that is beyond the scope of this particular discussion.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

      Carni wrote:

      God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • BlackBlade wrote:



      This does bring up a question of whether the quest system as currently conceived really helps players get acclimated to the game. Though I think that is beyond the scope of this particular discussion.
      I believe the quest system does help the new players. I had a colleague who I suggested start this game and I missed out on a few things to tell him because it was extremely natural course of things for me. A lot of gaps got plugged early game cause of quests.

      As to the order of quests, it is a step in the right direction as barracks and smithy get moved ahead. We just need the upgrade unit to be the last quest. Additionally a small tool tip as to why it should be done in the end with a small line explaining why making more units its better than upgrading if you say have 10 units. Because my colleague upgraded 10 clubs thinking it would make them super strong. In my defense. I had not told him about kili till then.


      Templar Knight wrote:

      The grain mill change is done for basically same thing too. This will allow an experienced player to use those resources for something other then level 2 grain mill if they want.
      This has no bearing on the outcome as the order is the same. The change though is welcome.

      Templar Knight wrote:

      Thanks for being patient on this one as a lot has been going on.


      :|

      In Templar we trust. I am not sure if it is said enough but your responses are much appreciated and make some serious sense among most illogical responses we receive from Team Travian.
      Napalm - s9