Spy stories

• TS3

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Spy stories

New

Please share your worst experience with spies and turning players on travian. Recently i took one of those cases to personally, so i would like to hear other stories that were happening during the history of uk/us servers since i don't know much about history of these domains. My worst experience was 4 years ago on my national server where i was just humble following player in alliance which suddenly fell apart when players accidentally found out that their leader was a spy for another alliance. That was probably the fastest demolition of an alliance ever haha. We fell apart in the matter of 4h. Think of it like a support group. I'm into that stuff!

cheers :thumbup:

P.S. please don't tell stories from servers that are still in progress, that will only spark fight among people :D
    • New

Pretty sure mutley is a spy ....

The best/worst spy story is probably BG bearing TSL on uk1.

Very similar to the ca1. End game was 1 3rd of the way through and the biggest hitler (typo, meant hitter) was a spy, they left it late (Think the went for lvl 98 natar hit) and bloke sent somewhere else. I was playing a personal defender on that server so it wasn’t quite so bad for me but it’s still rotten to the core! So many hammers that still could’ve been sent never even made it out of storage because of it. To make matters worse, that hammer is in the hall of fame!

Back in the T3.6 days when there was 5 sets of 60 players per quad spies was a tactic, not one I employed and still won 3 servers but that was a long time ago. Nowadays the use of them is pathetic.
    • New

Spy story with no spies here. A few years back I joined a server and joined hate. The alliance smash showed up not long after who I'd just been playing with for a short time on another server (about a month or so in endgame due to an alliance collapse). I decided to leave hate for smash as i'd got on well with all of the guys in that alliance (it was not a slight against hate, I wanted to play a whole server with smash not just a few weeks in endgame) A few days later I was accused by one of the leaders in smash - with no evidence - of being a spy for hate and that was why I'd moved across. They argued they couldn't see anyone moving quad just to join a specific ally or something, I forget the details. I got kicked and deleted, it left a bitter taste. Smash went on the forum to slate me for being an awful spy and hate for needing spies etc etc. Meme stuck up for me there actually quite strongly which I never forgot even though she probably has haha. The whole thing just ended my interest in the game for quite a while, I'm not sure but I don't think I played a server seriously after that actually until S2 with Pulsant. Maybe one in between, maximum.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

• New

I’ve never used spies seriously, I personally find it a low thing to do, but I have crashed opposing alliance Skype rooms a couple of times or had conversations reported back.

The funniest time was when I was leading Hate on UK7 and we were fighting a tough quad battle at the start of the server, we managed to get LOTR into their Skype chat, but our opponents were wiley and suspected he was there. They had fun conversations about what a prat he was and poor LOTR had to join in on them :d. That alliance fought really hard and many of their players ended up joining us and became long term friends, including Pete the Celt and Lanky.
    • New

I played the beta server of Kingdoms and was a top anvil in our alliance and for our top King there. Our alliance (xTools) was 2nd all server. Then we took out the top alliance, but this weakened us so much that another meta sprung up and took us to the wire in the WW race. I never understood why our leaders were so apathetic about the other alliance kicking our asses. Then at level 99 and less than an hour from victory, the enemy WW holder was invited to join our alliance, and they did - they had been a spy the whole time and our alliance claimed the victory.

I felt pretty dirty about that and don't know how the leaders claimed it as a victory!

I have plenty of stories about using spies, but that has to be the best best/worst story...
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • New

Cretin that is awful X/ I would feel dirty just for giving that a like - don't know how anyone would top that!

Early on in my trav career i was in a meta (when metas were the norm) and a leader from an independent alliance we were taking chunks out of messaged me asking me to spy for them - kept calling me Tom... must have thought i was someone else even though my profile clearly stated my name; anyhoo i said yes and went straight to my wing leader with this information. So we drip fed the alliance bits and pieces took a few intentional losses to build their confidence in the information we were providing; then just when things were going so well for them we had an alliance wide def call and whipped out about 10 hammers in one night... they pretty much rolled over after that.
    • New

Cretin_UK wrote:

I played the beta server of Kingdoms and was a top anvil in our alliance and for our top King there. Our alliance (xTools) was 2nd all server. Then we took out the top alliance, but this weakened us so much that another meta sprung up and took us to the wire in the WW race. I never understood why our leaders were so apathetic about the other alliance kicking our asses. Then at level 99 and less than an hour from victory, the enemy WW holder was invited to join our alliance, and they did - they had been a spy the whole time and our alliance claimed the victory.

I felt pretty dirty about that and don't know how the leaders claimed it as a victory!

I have plenty of stories about using spies, but that has to be the best best/worst story...
      That is absolutely savage haha. You win the thread for sure haha
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

• New

Cretin_UK wrote:

That really is brutal! I can only imagine how calm and collected everyone was when discussing it on the forum...

Maybe not my worst experience but the facepalm moment that springs to mind was when I was co-leading on uk19, one of the not-so-recent RoA servers. I was taking sympathy on a local neighbour who looked like with a bit of help they could do quite well. Helped him get set up with a cap, resources, and in with the alliance so it was natural we sit for each other. For one reason or another, I had to drop sitting him to sit for someone else temporarily and was never put back on.

We noticed in the early hours one Monday morning after the weekly stats had been reset, his def points spiked (this is on a server where the defenders get their own def points) and we linked it to one of our hammers landing. The only logical conclusion was that he was defending the enemy. We kicked him and soon enough, he joined the enemy he was previously defending. Never tried to defend his actions either.

We still ended up winning the round 8)