Price Increase

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Lemon wrote:

MadZ wrote:

Starting to get embarrassing now. Recently CMs and Mods have been useless and probably the worst contributors to threads and this thread just confirms that.
      We want Matt back, or someone else who know what they are doing..
      At least Dario offers no promises and doesn't act like they can actually initiate change, perhaps they are the realistic one.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

At least Dario offers no promises and doesn't act like they can actually initiate change, perhaps they are the realistic one.
      #Dario4UKUSAUNZCOM CM?

Perhaps, but would you give up our speed server for a better CM? (AU has a reputation of starting 3x servers as 1x) Probably nothing to do with dario tbh, would be worth a shot imo.

• MadZ wrote:

Starting to get embarrassing now. Recently CMs and Mods have been useless and probably the worst contributors to threads and this thread just confirms that. I touched on it on the thread I made about spam bots etc. Templar, probably best you stop digging before you get too deep.
      MadZ, I am sorry you feel like that and believe me, I also feel frustrated with what has happened recently. As UK Crew, we try our best and keep things running smoothly on the forum but this is proving more and more challenging. Teething problems were expected when the forums merged, however the issue of spam bots is proving more difficult for HQ to find a solution for, which in turn, means that they are now more visible than they ever were. We have limited resources as Mods with which to deal with persistent spam bots, which is just as annoying for us as it is for everyone else on the forum.

None of us knew who was going to be taking over from Matt, and unfortunately, there really wasn't anyone from the UK, who was able to takeover his role. Dario and TK are trying to do their best, but with the forum merge, losing our own CM and the unexpected price rise, I think it has been challenging to say the least.

If anyone wants to talk privately and discuss issues they have, I am more than happy to talk.
    • Cali wrote:

MadZ wrote:

Starting to get embarrassing now. Recently CMs and Mods have been useless and probably the worst contributors to threads and this thread just confirms that. I touched on it on the thread I made about spam bots etc. Templar, probably best you stop digging before you get too deep.
      MadZ, I am sorry you feel like that and believe me, I also feel frustrated with what has happened recently. As UK Crew, we try our best and keep things running smoothly on the forum but this is proving more and more challenging. Teething problems were expected when the forums merged, however the issue of spam bots is proving more difficult for HQ to find a solution for, which in turn, means that they are now more visible than they ever were. We have limited resources as Mods with which to deal with persistent spam bots, which is just as annoying for us as it is for everyone else on the forum.

None of us knew who was going to be taking over from Matt, and unfortunately, there really wasn't anyone from the UK, who was able to takeover his role. Dario and TK are trying to do their best, but with the forum merge, losing our own CM and the unexpected price rise, I think it has been challenging to say the least.

If anyone wants to talk privately and discuss issues they have, I am more than happy to talk.

Must be a right pain to be a player and mod over the last 6 months with everything bad that has happened, I feel for ya.
    • (This is directly to the CM's who monitor and post on this thread)

Is there any possibilty that anyone at Travian HQ (and not the CM's) could have some sort of AMA, or even to come onto the forums to discuss the price increase and other issues in person on here?

At the minute all HQ are doing is sitting in their towers making decisions without even listening to their community. It's beyond a joke and even myself (with no business acumen) can tell you it's commercial suicide.

Point 1 on the 'Weekly Feedback Agenda' should clearly be this;

• The community unanimously stands against the price increase. Can someone from HQ actually show their face and provide a reasonable explanation on the forums. If this doesn't happen, over 90% of the experienced players WILL leave the game, and revenue will drop dramatically.
      Thanks.
      My artefacts bring all the heroes to my yard
    • The actions/lack of actions past month or two is unsettling. Hence, It's a good idea Moogle, and also one that I have suggested a couple of times in the past months. Not only for the players that get answers to things and for hq that can take stuff back with them; but also for the local crew that has to deal with a fallout not of their making alone.
    • I understand why everyone is so upset regarding the price increase. I can tell you that your MODs, SMODs and CMs are all doing their best to make your voices heard.

Please don't shoot the messengers, we have got some new faces on the forum who are doing their best in very difficult circumstances. If you have a particular grievance, you can message a UK SMOD or CM and we will do our utmost to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
    • I would be more than happy to open and help with a thread that would hopefully help. There would have to be pretty strict rules though, as I wouldn't want such a thread to descend into a slanging match or people just flaming.

But I do believe that having 1 thread, where players were free to have their views aired and responded to, is beneficial.
    • Cali wrote:

I would be more than happy to open and help with a thread that would hopefully help. There would have to be pretty strict rules though, as I wouldn't want such a thread to descend into a slanging match or people just flaming.

But I do believe that having 1 thread, where players were free to have their views aired and responded to, is beneficial.
      It would only be beneficial if the people 'at the top' would actually take their time out to come down to our level and communicate with us mugs.
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |
    • daz wrote:

It would only be beneficial if the people 'at the top' would actually take their time out to come down to our level and communicate with us mugs.
      Real question is, who is at the top?

But I think Cali is onto something, as a lot of the comments in this thread might be ignored in a weekly report, since the original topic was the price increase.

• Lemon wrote:

daz wrote:

But I think Cali is onto something, as a lot of the comments in this thread might be ignored in a weekly report, since the original topic was the price increase.
      It's a complete non thing, whilst a great idea, unless we categorically know someone at HQ is reading nothing changes. CMs can't provide any sort of change, neither can mods or SMods. I will be utterly aghast if this price change decision is reversed.
    • Lemon wrote:

daz wrote:

No it will not be ignored.

I said I am watching this thread and collecting info from it and sharing that with those above.

There was even a special room set up with several of us in it so I can feed info to them.

I have already stated this is what I do so the problems that have been listed or spoke about on top of the price increase will not get lost or forgotten.

I also stated till you all see positive action you will not take what I say seriously and I can understand that due to the past history of how Travian used to be.

Things are coming and things are changing it just has not got down to this end yet but it will.

As far as the price increase goes....It happened and it does suck and I have relayed that quite loudly already and will keep doing that as well. I am the CM and work for Travian but I am also here for the players.
      This thread began as a protest or discussion against the recent price hike. Keep doing that as it is your right and in many cases on the .COM's things have changed after they were announced. Not saying it will always happen that way but be sure to keep the price increase discussion here. I strongly encourage it.

As far as the other complaints that we see and have read about....give me a couple days to put together something so we can collect the problems and issues and are not lost in this thread about the prices.

and another thing and just so you all know before hand.........

Post that do nothing but inflame, spread rumors or are just hostile in nature will be removed without notice.

A discussion is one thing but posts just bashing to be bashing solve nothing.
    • Nah, the price change will not get reversed, I just want to know the real reason why they are changing the price.

If TG are trying to balance out the players on all the English domain, then they are doing something wrong.

The domains have always* been independent of each other regarding the price, if people want cheap gold and English servers they go to .COM.

If TG want to make gold cost the same on all domains, go ahead..But only targetting UK because it's the biggest domain is bs.

TG should probably try to ask themselves why people play on UK instead of US and AU.

*Haven't actually researched this, so don't take my word for it.

Update: Seems like Templar have decided to respond while I was writing my post.

I can only speak for myself, but I do take most of the things you say serious, but I simply can't take you serious when you start trolling around in threads.

And it's totally fine that you mention examples from COM, but show them to us, cause we haven't been able to find any, or well there was the rollback thing that was announced and then changed after the players praised you for listening to the community and actually rollback the server...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lemon ().

• Lemon wrote:

The Germans are at the top.
      Hate to burst your bubble but even when a head community manager adds a thread like this to his report more than half of the comments will be ignored, it's mostly luck combined with the urgency of how important exactly the comment is to be read (usually the urgency is treated if it's a strong hate opinion which looks like it is supported by a lot of people), unless mentioned specifically in the report the things that will be addressed are limited.
      ~ 22/06/2017, על מנת צמצום עלויות הוכרז רשמית על הריגת הפורום ~
      ~ In 15/07/2017 began the slow and painful death ~
      ~ In 31/07/2017 a few survivors were discovered in the ruins ~

• Templar Knight wrote:

Post that do nothing but inflame, spread rumors or are just hostile in nature will be removed without notice.

But nothing is being solved anyway. Sorry that you take the brunt of the abuse but, in all fairness, it's part of your job being the middle man between us and HQ. I agree with Lemon that you haven't carried yourself with much grace in this thread and that is part of the problem. When a serious matter comes about, it needs to be treated seriously.

And on a side note, since when was fixing bugs a treat? We shouldn't need to wait 'til 2018 for the "bug-fix treat", surely that is the daily job of people in HQ? Where does the money we pay for gold actually go?
    • P.S, you guys should stop getting mad at the Travian forum staff, most if not all of them are doing this voluntarily, their power regarding the issues you're all complaining about is very limited, they're just trying their best to help the community because they somehow still care, I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you think they're doing a bad job you're more then welcome to try and replace them, most of them are in that place simply because there haven't been someone better to come along and replace them, show a little gratitude they're even sticking around and waiting for someone else...
      A lot of people in that same situation when realized the depth of the ruins they're in just abandoned all hope and basically went like that meme cake this pie I'm out(was edited so use imagination).
      ~ 22/06/2017, על מנת צמצום עלויות הוכרז רשמית על הריגת הפורום ~
      ~ In 15/07/2017 began the slow and painful death ~
      ~ In 31/07/2017 a few survivors were discovered in the ruins ~

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hell's Lullaby ().

• MadZ wrote:

Templar Knight wrote:

. When a serious matter comes about, it needs to be treated seriously.
      See many of you have said this and I go back to the beginning of this thread and I do not see where I do not take this seriously. I have posted in plain English and have not told anything that is false. The post I made about the increase is what was given to me from Travian. So if you feel one of my posts is a mockery here then please point it out and we will address it.

Just dont pick any of them today because all the complaints seem to begin from the beginning.
    • Hell's Lullaby wrote:

P.S, you guys should stop getting mad at the Travian forum staff, most if not all of them are doing this voluntarily, their power regarding the issues you're all complaining about is very limited, they're just trying their best to help the community because they somehow still care, I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you think they're doing a bad job you're more then welcome to try and replace them, most of them are in that place simply because there haven't been someone better to come along and replace them, show a little gratitude they're even sticking around and waiting for someone else...
      A lot of people in that same situation when realized the depth of the ruins they're in just abandoned all hope and basically went like that meme cake this pie I'm out(was edited so use imagination).

I was a mod. Part of why I quit was because I couldn't sit there and defend the company when they were making the decisions they were. CMs are there to represent the community, Travian have not listened to the community basically for the last 10 years. The only way to cause change would be for multiple CMs to quit in protest, and to tell Travian what we have been telling them for years, that they do not listen to the people that have made them rich. When they had no one suitable to replace these people and their experience, that's when the important people are told about such issues.
    • I don't blame the forum staff

But our voice is quiet, we need it amplified!

We need it to resonate!!

We need it to carry!!!

So I will continue to be firm with what I am saying, to put pressure on the staff to echo what we have said.

Because it is absolutely unacceptable for the price hike to not be reversed.

In fact, we should be being offered a discount as an apology for the insult, and as a compensation for being forced to go gold free in a pay to win game for the duration of our gold strike.

It's not the forum staffs fault, but so far Travian have failed to reply to my emails. So unfortunately they are caught in the middle, and as employees of Travian they have a more direct link to send our message.

And if what they say is true and they too are against the increase...

They will fight against it with us with all their hearts. As any of us would do in their place.

For the easy solution is not to try and battle the uprising, but to to solve the problems that causes the discontent