Price Increase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Forum staff might not have any say in these things but have a backbone and say no to these things, go leave if something is so against your views, as this price increase is with every player so far. You guys are literally acting like puppets, just spewing out every word whispered in your ears by HQ. You keep saying that this will be added to your weekly report, nobody gives a if it is or isn't, because by definition weekly reports happen every week yet we have seen zero change for multiple months. In fact, things have gotten worse. This is proof enough that your weekly reports do/mean jack.

Just because you're a CM doesn't mean you don't have a view, you're not robots. Why not actually join in with the outrage rather than sticking up for blatant balls up from HQ.

EDIT: Tombo posted while is was typing, he is bang-on.
      Tourist: "Can you tell me how to get to Edinburgh Castle?"

Local: "Well I wouldn't start from here if I were you!"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight: removed swear word ().

• Tombo457 wrote:

I was a mod. Part of why I quit was because I couldn't sit there and defend the company when they were making the decisions they were. CMs are there to represent the community, Travian have not listened to the community basically for the last 10 years. The only way to cause change would be for multiple CMs to quit in protest, and to tell Travian what we have been telling them for years, that they do not listen to the people that have made them rich. When they had no one suitable to replace these people and their experience, that's when the important people are told about such issues.
      You are spot on mate
    • From my perspective I became a Forum Moderator because I love the game and the forum and want to do something to help keep it alive.

It’s a very different game from the one I first started playing, but not a different community. It does sadden me to see how much player numbers have dropped but I’m not sure that walking away from a responsibility I took on to support the game and community would be the right thing to do when the going gets tough.

The Mods and Smods are only here to look after the forum, but I can assure you that we are backing our community of players to the hilt.

What I can tell you that I’ve managed to find out is that this price increase isn’t unique to UK. Other domains have also had increases and some have had decreases.

Kur dalgalanmaları nedeniyle yapılan fiyat ayarlaması & SMS servis sağlayıcı ücretleri?

wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/498434-pengurangan-harga-emas/

Six domains have had price changes, three increased and three decreased.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Meme ().

• Just a slight digression: I think we should be happy the ones modding here and hunting the servers use their spare time to do so without pay.

The reason why the UK is relativley successful is in part due to the quality of the crew.

Our gripe is with Traviangames (aka the germans) and (for some) as a prolonged arm in this case, the community managers (that I understand are paid, probably not to well, employees of traviangames.)

Our new manager has hinted he may have their ear, so let's see what comes out of it. A whisper of clearing tech faults sometime i 2018 however is not sufficient as stated by most here, and do little for the thread topic :)
    • Meme wrote:

wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/498434-pengurangan-harga-emas/

Six domains have had price changes, three increased and three decreased.
      The decrease for Malaysia is certainly interesting. Considering they are using the same logic to increase the price in UK (from 0.6 to 0.75) and USD to MYR has went from 3 to 4, how can they justify cutting the price in half for that domain but increasing it for this one? Something stinks here... Graphs added below for clarity.

Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • Similar to the Turkish servers having a decrease, yet we seem to have the same trend here, old prices at the top, new prices below and some graphical images to follow (corresponding to USD of course ;)):

In both instances, we see increases, yet for one server they get a decrease in gold prices and for another an increase X/ :huh:
      Something smells real bad here...
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH |
    • Hello
      Would like to point out that Player numbers have steadily dropped since this announcement , my server has gone from 960 to at time of posting
      Registered players:Active players:Players online:

Probably same for most servers.

To say thy do not here us is also bull, remember troop forwarding . 1 up for them, now do same again please with this price rise, IF there is big things to come AND the stability of the game improves then a price rise would go down better.

Remember timing is the key to swallowing a bitter pill.
    • daz wrote:

Similar to the Turkish servers having a decrease, yet we seem to have the same trend here, old prices at the top, new prices below and some graphical images to follow (corresponding to USD of course ;)):

In both instances, we see increases, yet for one server they get a decrease in gold prices and for another an increase X/ :huh:
      Something smells real bad here...

If you look though they are also increasing the price for gold when purchasing in Turkish Lira. 5 years ago 125 lira would've been equivalent to double the price its worth now when converting to euro. The price change brings up the cost of purchasing with lira basically equivalent to purchasing in euros (once this was also adjusted).
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

• MartinJames_UK wrote:

Must've broken a rule when I said the recent post about the new things coming will just bring more bugs. I assume that, since the post just got removed and no-one bothered to mention why anyway.

This thread which you started concerns the price increase. Just trying to keep it on topic. I already gave a warning in a previous post that any post not on topic will be removed without notice.
    • I apoligize but I saw many players who were concerned that the bug discussion is getting lost in the price increase. So to be fair about that then this is concerning the increase. I do understand bugs has something to do with it but as stated any post not on topic will be removed. Including those that are doing nothing but trolling. Not accusing you of that I am just saying so everyone knows.
    • Lemon wrote:

Is no one going to question the fact that the gold price is getting increased by 50% in Turkish Lira? That's pretty insane
      You realise they currently pay 24 pounds for 1600 right? No wonder they stay on their own domain and gave up coming to .com or .uk with those price discrepancies. The more shocking thing is the new price equivalent for 1600 gold on malaysian servers will be decreased to £18 for 1600, a decrease of around 35%.
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

• Tombo457 wrote:

You realise they currently pay 24 pounds for 1600 right? No wonder they stay on their own domain and gave up coming to .com or .uk
      I know they do, as I have mentioned it earlier in the thread myself, But just take a look at Turkey and compare it with a country like the UK, people have nowhere near the same amount of money in Turkey.

And wouldn't it make more sense to look at inflation rate instead of the USD?
    • Can someone post exactly how much packages of 1600 and 600 gold cost from different domains?
      If not can someone tell me where I can find it myself?
      ~ 22/06/2017, על מנת צמצום עלויות הוכרז רשמית על הריגת הפורום ~
      ~ In 15/07/2017 began the slow and painful death ~
      ~ In 31/07/2017 a few survivors were discovered in the ruins ~

• Lemon wrote:

Tombo457 wrote:

You realise they currently pay 24 pounds for 1600 right? No wonder they stay on their own domain and gave up coming to .com or .uk
      I know they do, as I have mentioned it earlier in the thread myself, But just take a look at Turkey and compare it with a country like the UK, people have nowhere near the same amount of money in Turkey.
      And wouldn't it make more sense to look at inflation rate instead of the USD?
      Average annual incomes should also be considered when comparing prices between different domains
      in2. jin
      au1. rock
      com4. Moondance