Price Increase

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

Dear community, We're happy to inform, that Tournament Qualification servers just started! More information about it you can find here!

• sorrywecan wrote:

throwing another 2 cents here again...

player base is decreasing daily putting up prices of gold wont increase profit of game at all

Getting slightly triggered by everyone making this statement, it's impossible to make such a claim, despite the outroar (by what is still a small minority of the player base) Travian have clearly done the maths using all the data they have, and have decided it is the best economic decision. It's quite possible they know a few of the smaller buyers will stop, but if they can keep the guys buying 10k+ a month buying then it will pay off.. You get exactly the same with mobile games and micro transactions.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

sorrywecan wrote:

player base is decreasing daily putting up prices of gold wont increase profit of game at all
      Getting slightly triggered by everyone making this statement, it's impossible to make such a claim, despite the outroar (by what is still a small minority of the player base) Travian have clearly done the maths using all the data they have, and have decided it is the best economic decision. It's quite possible they know a few of the smaller buyers will stop, but if they can keep the guys buying 10k+ a month buying then it will pay off.. You get exactly the same with mobile games and micro transactions.
      I agree Tombo, but I do feel like the Pareto principle is in effect in Travian.

20% of the player base probably buy 80% of the gold, and these are the vocal nay-sayers on the forums.
      My artefacts bring all the heroes to my yard
    • Here we are. this thread already have 13 pages of members posted stuff in here... If i count how many Travian players have participated on this thread, i think there are around 30. How many players have registered on this forum?
      How many travian players didn't even registered? i have no idea at all but from those 82402 registered forum participants i think 80000 of them never posted a thing in here ever.

Another thing is, what is the difference between a heavy gold user and a non gold user?

The difference is so huge, enough to stop the non gold users to play all together witch leads into more deserted servers, where only 300-400 players makes it to the endgame.

Whatever is going on in Travian and from what i personally see, is ; Every 3 years or so the numbers of players drop by half... Not to mention those bugs that gets fixed and other bugs takes their place. ;)

But what do i know? I'm just a stranger. One of many, but in a way i feel the responsibility to speak out for those 80k members that haven't done it yet.

TG, please make this work and don't let the Travian Developers turn into 'Travian Undevelopers'

• Mysterious Stranger wrote:

Here we are. this thread already have 13 pages of members posted stuff in here... If i count how many Travian players have participated on this thread, i think there are around 30. How many players have registered on this forum?
      How many travian players didn't even registered? i have no idea at all but from those 82402 registered forum participants i think 80000 of them never posted a thing in here ever.

Another thing is, what is the difference between a heavy gold user and a non gold user?

The difference is so huge, enough to stop the non gold users to play all together witch leads into more deserted servers, where only 300-400 players makes it to the endgame.

Whatever is going on in Travian and from what i personally see, is ; Every 3 years or so the numbers of players drop by half... Not to mention those bugs that gets fixed and other bugs takes their place. ;)

But what do i know? I'm just a stranger. One of many, but in a way i feel the responsibility to speak out for those 80k members that haven't done it yet.

TG, please make this work and don't let the Travian Developers turn into 'Travian Undevelopers'

• Oh... i forgot to mention what a 'Non gold user' is...

A non gold user is a student and he does use gold but in a more restricted way. for example when the wheat fields are destroyed and he is building them back up and for NPC's and finishes buildings immediately, only when the que loop is occupied including the smithy upgrades. they use to buy gold but smaller packages like 100 gold or 250 and compensate his game stile by using trades at the market to balance his ress.
      Or like many players i know that are pensioners or suffered some illness.
      People from other parts of the world with lower income.

These people are awesome, very experienced players, willing to spend a lot of time playing and even so generating less income for TG, they shouldn't be viewed as bad customers and they shouldn't be lured away from playing, because they are the ones that keeps close by the heavy gold users playing too.

Every player i know who played 10 years ago they all mentioned ''what good times was back then'' when each server has 6000 - 8000 active players and the whole map was packed full all across...

Will those times come back again? I don't think so.

Travian Games, if you can hear me out, please look into your records and see for yourself how many people just gave up! Is just 10 years of records, is not 10 generations.

I hope somebody finally see another way to ''Make Travian great Again'' instead of the Price increase.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

sorrywecan wrote:

come on man?! dont be one like Bungie or EA defenders who try to defend all their bad decision ... because there still are developers who care about comunity and their feedback and thats how they make their games better and increasing fan base and game experience... I am fed up where gaming in overall is heading

this statement is based on facts ... fact is that back in time there used to be 10000 people on server ... the fact is nowadays 1000 players is miracle ... fact is endgame is about 100-150 active players on server sometimes even less ...

so please stop with statement that travian developers did best decision ... if they did good decision in past we wouldnt be in situation in which we are now with almost dead game.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:

Oh... i forgot to mention what a 'Non gold user' is...

A non gold user is a student and he does use gold but in a more restricted way. for example when the wheat fields are destroyed and he is building them back up and for NPC's and finishes buildings immediately, only when the que loop is occupied including the smithy upgrades. they use to buy gold but smaller packages like 100 gold or 250 and compensate his game stile by using trades at the market to balance his ress.
      Or like many players i know that are pensioners or suffered some illness.
      People from other parts of the world with lower income.

These people are awesome, very experienced players, willing to spend a lot of time playing and even so generating less income for TG, they shouldn't be viewed as bad customers and they shouldn't be lured away from playing, because they are the ones that keeps close by the heavy gold users playing too.

Every player i know who played 10 years ago they all mentioned ''what good times was back then'' when each server has 6000 - 8000 active players and the whole map was packed full all across...

Will those times come back again? I don't think so.

Travian Games, if you can hear me out, please look into your records and see for yourself how many people just gave up! Is just 10 years of records, is not 10 generations.

I hope somebody finally see another way to ''Make Travian great Again'' instead of the Price increase.
      massive thumb up for you ... these are people on which should travian focus and make their game experience even better and bring more of them here ... this are people who make comunity better as to be honest most people I know stick around because of people they play with not because game is great
      I CAN
    • sorrywecan wrote:

Tombo457 wrote:

sorrywecan wrote:

come on man?! dont be one like Bungie or EA defenders who try to defend all their bad decision ... because there still are developers who care about comunity and their feedback and thats how they make their games better and increasing fan base and game experience... I am fed up where gaming in overall is heading
      this statement is based on facts ... fact is that back in time there used to be 10000 people on server ... the fact is nowadays 1000 players is miracle ... fact is endgame is about 100-150 active players on server sometimes even less ...

so please stop with statement that travian developers did best decision ... if they did good decision in past we wouldnt be in situation in which we are now with almost dead game.

I'm not defending their bad decisions, but to get them to change their mind you need to use solid arguments, not just make stuff up that you think is right but have no facts to prove so, since you are so keen on facts you must realise this.

Take a look at any browser game imaginable, they are all dying, Travian is by no means unique. Very few games have a lifespan of ~15 years especially with the lack of depth Travian has...

My point is, hindsight is a wonderful thing and if we want the decision changed we need to provide rational arguments, not just stir up lies and assumptions.
    • Tombo457 wrote:

sorrywecan wrote:

Tombo457 wrote:

sorrywecan wrote:

come on man?! dont be one like Bungie or EA defenders who try to defend all their bad decision ... because there still are developers who care about comunity and their feedback and thats how they make their games better and increasing fan base and game experience... I am fed up where gaming in overall is headingthis statement is based on facts ... fact is that back in time there used to be 10000 people on server ... the fact is nowadays 1000 players is miracle ... fact is endgame is about 100-150 active players on server sometimes even less ...

I'm not defending their bad decisions, but to get them to change their mind you need to use solid arguments, not just make stuff up that you think is right but have no facts to prove so, since you are so keen on facts you must realise this.

Take a look at any browser game imaginable, they are all dying, Travian is by no means unique. Very few games have a lifespan of ~15 years especially with the lack of depth Travian has...

My point is, hindsight is a wonderful thing and if we want the decision changed we need to provide rational arguments, not just stir up lies and assumptions.
      Don't be ridiculous

They haven't given us a single valid reason for the increase
    • dont need to be a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to know its better to have more players buying a little gold than a few gold whores buying a load. Cause it won't be long till they clear off due to further drop in numbers.
      Travian if they had half a brain should be trying to increase numbers therefore making the whole game experience better for everyone. And that needs more players not less. This will be the end for a lot and new players will take a quick look and laugh . Uk servers are barely functioning.
    • Once I saw the price increase announcement I thought it's just desperate move but since I saw all the latest issues about the game I'm starting to thing that something is fishy.. I don't know what the hell the germans are doing there, but if they won't change the attitude I don't see any future to the game.

TG - open your eyes and realize what you have done to the game. Instead of putting snow on the building and making new updates no one cares about, start making the game great again.

"DO WHAT IS RIGHT, NOT WHAT IS EASY."