Price Increase

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Price Increase

My suggestion is don't do that. Fewer people buying gold at a higher rate doesn't equal an overall increase and never has. You don't make as much money as before as you constantly drive players away. Are you aiming to reduce our server sizes even more?

Endgame - UK3

Registered players:Active players:

Hey, maybe we can get the endgame numbers down to double figures? That'll help the old income, right guys? Guys?
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

Gaul WWK: Converter - Battle reports Travian
    • Given the state of the game, I question whether increasing the price would actually reduce the amount people buy. The game is incredibly mature, and gold whores at this point will always be gold whores no matter the price.

PS/Offtopic: Not really sure why Lemon has decided to be more helpful since stepping down from being a mod than when he was one?
    • I dunno, I already consider it quite expensive for what it is, people who feel like that too would be turned off by it going up as I am. Comes a point where its an unreasonable expense for what it is, especially when the game is already secondary to the camaraderie in sticking around. I might as well sit in the skype room and not actually play the game haha.

• MartinJames_UK wrote:

I dunno, I already consider it quite expensive for what it is, people who feel like that too would be turned off by it going up as I am. Comes a point where its an unreasonable expense for what it is, especially when the game is already secondary to the camaraderie in sticking around. I might as well sit in the skype room and not actually play the game haha.
      I definitely agree, you get far less value on this than just buying a brand new game for £40 and being able to get 1000 hours worth of playtime out of it for that one time cost.

To be fair to Travian just one time, at least they have announced it and given a couple of weeks before it kicks in to allow players to stock up if they are currently running low...
    • Tombo457 wrote:

PS/Offtopic: Not really sure why Lemon has decided to be more helpful since stepping down from being a mod than when he was one?
      I'm transforming.

MartinJames_UK wrote:

I dunno, I already consider it quite expensive for what it is, people who feel like that too would be turned off by it going up as I am. Comes a point where its an unreasonable expense for what it is, especially when the game is already secondary to the camaraderie in sticking around. I might as well sit in the skype room and not actually play the game haha.
      I know it sucks, but people could just play on com servers and buy with TRY and get 1600 gold for €27 ~ £23

Maybe we should get the 30% flash gold sale that was scheduled for the 29th December now? Sounds like a good idea imo.

• For sure, I've put off buying FM because I was thinking 40 for an updated database was hard to justify but comparatively i'd throw 1k hours into FM this year again probably so in terms of comparative value its actually pretty good.

Yeah there is that, I might stock up a bit on S3 to transfer across to the next server and make that last.

• Lemon wrote:

I know it sucks, but people could just play on com servers and buy with TRY and get 1600 gold for €27 ~ £23

Maybe we should get the 30% flash gold sale that was scheduled for the 29th December now? Sounds like a good idea imo.
      I've barely time to play one account, let alone the 5 minimum accounts you need for a com server :P

• The reasoning for the hike is fair enough if you isolate it to currency changes and what not. Good that they are announcing it beforehand.

The problem is that we are paying for a worse product than we did some years ago (worse server performance and fewer players making the game less fun). If Travian had realized this, they would perhaps not raise prices. Other than that, I agree with Martin.
    • Andi wrote:

The reasoning for the hike is fair enough if you isolate it to currency changes and what not. Good that they are announcing it beforehand.

The problem is that we are paying for a worse product than we did some years ago (worse server performance and fewer players making the game less fun). If Travian had realized this, they would perhaps not raise prices. Other than that, I agree with Martin.
      I somewhat agree with this...The servers haven't been this bad for years...It's currently possible to queue buildings for free due to the slow/unstable server...but shh, don't tell anyone....Can only hope that this will get fixed asap

• After playing this game for 12 years + this price increase along with a string of very unprofessional game errors I think the time has come to find something better to spend my money on, roughly 600 gold a week from about mid server , there are so many other things to spend money on. I play mainly because the guys and girls we all play with are like minded and fun to play Trav with. Priced me well and truly out of the game now. It's a dwindling pastime but the Travian gods seem to want to squeeze the pips out of it. Ridiculous
      When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Boxxx UK Server 2 Gave up, what an awful version of the game, hated it UK 19
    • This was bad enough as it was,
      This is supposed to be a strategy game based on team work, online time and communication, but clearly turns into a 'whoever spends more money wins' type of game.
      I have met a lot of really good players who spent very little gold and had really strong accounts over the years, and now they are less and less.

No wonder why so less players play these days comparing to several years ago. :(
    • Tombo457 wrote:

MartinJames_UK wrote:

I definitely agree, you get far less value on this than just buying a brand new game for £40 and being able to get 1000 hours worth of playtime out of it for that one time cost.
      To be fair to Travian just one time, at least they have announced it and given a couple of weeks before it kicks in to allow players to stock up if they are currently running low...
      I’m not a fan of your new avatar, it clashes with mine when I skim read.

Perhaps a different colour backround? Xx
    • RIP Travian, I can buy 2 x XBox One games a month instead or get that drone I have always promised myself so I can look in chicks bedrooms, and when I get caught it will be Travian's fault not mine
      When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Boxxx UK Server 2 Gave up, what an awful version of the game, hated it UK 19
    • The thing about trav is, they read these sort of threads. See people saying they're leaving. Trav say oh well they're probably just bluffing and then they're surprised server numbers decrease. Clearly not everyone who suggests they might leave does, but a decent number have and others leaving makes even more people leave and so the game has fewer and fewer players. All the while TG are trying to call peoples bluff about leaving instead of reacting to it.