Travian offers and gold features ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Travian offers and gold features ideas

Hi everyone

With the recent furore over the price increase for gold I started thinking of how much of a commitment Travian is, not only time wise but financially. While it is possible to play for free and have an experience it is quite different if you are hoping to be competitive. While paying a certain amount to support playing a game you enjoy is definately Travian really can be a money sink if you are hoping to keep up with the better/richer players and I am sure it plays a part in why some people don't buy in the first place.

That all being said I think a good brainstorming thread on ways to improve the system in a way that will benefit both players and TG is a good idea and hopefully reward loyalty at the same time... Some of these ideas may involve a whole bunch of work on the backend which could take time and some maybe not quite so much but getting ideas out there can never be a bad idea

Idea 1) Boost on the 1600 gold packages where you get a 20% bonus for each package bought in the previous 3 months. For instance if a person bought one 1600 pack per month they would recieve 1600 in month 1, 1920 month 2, 2240 month 3, 2560 month 4 (assuming they purchased before the cut off from first package). Those who purchase more than one a month will benefit more from this but it will reach an equilibrium fairly quickly and rewarding the guys who are spending £1200+ a year to play the game cant be a bad thing

Idea 2) Similar bonus on the 600 gold packages

Idea 3) Subscription based marketplace res conversion. Pay a certain amount of gold and recieve free res conversion in all villages for X amount of time. 300 per month would seem like a good deal to me. Perhaps have a lower tier where it just activates in your capital for 100

Idea 4) Marketplace res conversion bulk buy. Buy 50 conversions for 100 gold (I wouldn't implement this if idea 3 was implemented)

Idea 5) Text message support. Subscription based. Recieve a text message when your account is raided/attacked. Can be set to send to 2 different mobile phone numbers and costs X gold per message (Message fires on only the first attack from each account)

No doubt more will spring to mind and I am sure you guys have some good ones as well

Sleep time for me (after I send out more farm lists lol)
    • Not bad ideas. But why so much for that gold?

On Travian Kingdoms they have some very interesting features in there, gold usage overall it is a bit more expensive but in return you can gain some of the gold for your own use from the daily card game, where you have the chance to win 8-12 gold or silver, free NPC and other useful things like hero items upgrades and so on.

If TG want some income fast, they should make available to use gold to speed up troop training, use gold to gain an additional building spot in a village so you can build an extra granary or you name it.
      Use gold to double your ress production. Use gold to regenerate all your lost troops in battle.

This might not be a good idea at all and spoil what's left of this game.

PS: The gold you purchase is not even real. Is not even gold.

Travian was supposed to be more a community game.

Whatever was bringing us together is ripping us apart.
    • Also how about the ability to send raids from your farmlist at a scheduled time?

Can apply limits to it as could easily be overpowered quite quickly for instance limit it to 3 times (either per village or per account) every 24 hours and cost 10g for first, 20g for 2nd and 30g for the third for instance
    • How about a facility to move/switch the position of buildings in a village.

I think a flat fee of 5g or 10g would be acceptable or perhaps a formula based on the levels of the buildings involved (for instance total level of both buildings divided by 2 or 3)

Very useful for when a dual or sitter builds something 'in the wrong place' but far from game breaking in its effects
    • Deaderpool wrote:

How about a facility to move/switch the position of buildings in a village.

I think a flat fee of 5g or 10g would be acceptable or perhaps a formula based on the levels of the buildings involved (for instance total level of both buildings divided by 2 or 3)

Very useful for when a dual or sitter builds something 'in the wrong place' but far from game breaking in its effects
      What do mean "in the wrong place"? Where a building is built has no effect on it's functions. This would be a pointless add and will just make Travian look like they are trying to coax every drop of gold out of users.
    • I think adding more and more bits and pieces to fiddle about to the game will make travian even worst with bugs and slower to load each page every single time.
      Probably would affect the 4 waves attacks massively.

For other accounts i sit, i always check with the acc owner about placing buildings and if there are any strict orders, i make sure i have one of his villages as a template.

Communication is the way and the only way to go around. :)
    • New

I'd also like to suggest a monthly subscription so I don't need to constantly keep buying gold, I'd happily sign up to a monthly direct debit and not have to bother with getting the bank card out every week, it would actually be cheaper for travian that way too. I also get frustrated that to buy gold for multiple servers, I need to make multiple purchases, a choice of monthly packages could cover either 1 or 2 servers etc within a particular domain. A monthly subscription would also, in my opinion, have fewer people just abandoning their game half way through.

I've not considered any potential pitfalls to this idea, I was just thinking that I shouldn't need to make 3 separate transactions this weekend when it is all coming out of my bank account, and all going to travian's bank account