AA Call to Arms! (Winter specials, anyone?)

• Since when is speaking the truth disrespectful? UK has never been the place to find the epitome of Travian gameplay. It's no better now than it was 10 years ago in relation to other domains. I would suggest it's no worse either, as the quantity of quality has gone down all round travian.

Quality leadership is better displayed in larger numbers. Its fairly difficult to compare quality of alliance today, to those of the past, as leading of alliances among greater numbers is that much more difficult/impressive. To say that the players themselves though or ability has gotten worse is ridiculous. I could come now and lead an alliance to victory and it doesn't matter how well its done, if compared to when I did it on a server with 25k+ players, it will always be seen as mediocre in performance at best. Have I gotten worse? I'd like to think not.

Therefore it's not quality that is lacking, it's quantity of quality. Hence the OP challenging alliances to come to this server.
    • Chris (Lord Aslan) wrote:

Since when is speaking the truth disrespectful? UK has never been the place to find the epitome of Travian gameplay. It's no better now than it was 10 years ago in relation to other domains. I would suggest it's no worse either, as the quantity of quality has gone down all round travian.

Quality leadership is better displayed in larger numbers. Its fairly difficult to compare quality of alliance today, to those of the past, as leading of alliances among greater numbers is that much more difficult/impressive. To say that the players themselves though or ability has gotten worse is ridiculous. I could come now and lead an alliance to victory and it doesn't matter how well its done, if compared to when I did it on a server with 25k+ players, it will always be seen as mediocre in performance at best. Have I gotten worse? I'd like to think not.

Therefore it's not quality that is lacking, it's quantity of quality. Hence the OP challenging alliances to come to this server.
      Thing is, challenging alliances on the half dead forum isn't going to generate much more competition. It's still UK and a low population server.

The OP remarks that 'We won the servers we played on fairly easily'

Tournament finals is in full swing now with 8k account still around 2 weeks after arte release. Qualification servers all had good numbers too and were fiercely competitive. Yet instead of going to one of these domains, or even .com, AA remain on UK whilst talking that they've only had easy wins.

That said I think a UK smackdown with loads of big allies on 1 server is a fantastic idea! Except that already seems to be in the works for upcoming UK1, with many allies, yet AA have no plans to be there. Neither do they plan to go to competitive domains like com/portugal/turkey. That's why the whole thing's a bit weird.
    • yea come to s1 AA, MFH owe you a good kicking from a few severs ago :P
      tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?
    • We predicted uk29 would have loads of bugs, judging by some of the posts on the forum we were correct ^^
      tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?
    • APenguinOverlord wrote:

Also more waves of players being banned for 'botting' who've done nothing wrong.

The discussion of bans is not allowed on the forum. I wanted to address your post though to show why that is the case.

You claim players were banned for doing nothing.

How do you know they were doing nothing?

This is why I have always stated that unless you are sitting next to a player in real life you have no way of knowing what that person is doing behind their pc.

So leave the ban and discussion of bans between those who get banned and the MH's who banned them.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES