Banned players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Banned players

When MH accuse a player of using bots do they have to supply proof? I'm asking because several people have been banned recently and MH and Admin have refused to supply proof but keep asking the player which bot they have been using. If MH don't need to give evidence, but demand a player takes the punishment, then i'm sorry but i'm done with this game, after 12 years of playing. Even courts of law provide evidence! I'll finish the server but i'll not spend another penny, nor will I join another server.

Don't get me wrong if people are cheating I don't agree with that, but I do think they should be given evidence not just told they are "too active". I'm disgusted!
    If things go bump in the night, it's usually me!
  • I understand the frustration. However, If they gave you proof, they would quickly be in breach of privacy rules, and that if one gives a technical overview of how these things are detected, it could help bot makers evade the system I would think.

Based on your experience, it sounds as though you haven't used one. But your sitter(s) or dual most likely has if the MH say so. To get a second opinion, and to make sure the MH is not mistaken, write a complaint to admin@travian.co.uk (or admin ingame - should work?).
  • Hello Everyone

I am going to give the same speech I gave on the .COM when it comes to the ban discussion.

You wish to talk about the technical side of it and that is fine but discussing specific bans will not be allowed.

I also will add this and you can like it or not but it is mostly true

We play this game with many people from around the world. That is what draws many of us here to begin with, the interaction with our new friends and team mates.

However unless you are sitting right next to a person in real life, you have no idea what they are doing behind their keyboard.

Do people cheat, yes
    Do some people get accused but are innocent, yes

The big thing is to work with the MH of the server and get it resolved that way. Right or wrong it is the quickest way to resolve any issue when rules are involved.

I may get flamed but just being honest. :|

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
    Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
    Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
  • Templar Knight wrote:

Hello Everyone

I am going to give the same speech I gave on the .COM when it comes to the ban discussion.

You wish to talk about the technical side of it and that is fine but discussing specific bans will not be allowed.

I also will add this and you can like it or not but it is mostly true

We play this game with many people from around the world. That is what draws many of us here to begin with, the interaction with our new friends and team mates.

However unless you are sitting right next to a person in real life, you have no idea what they are doing behind their keyboard.

Do people cheat, yes
    Do some people get accused but are innocent, yes

The big thing is to work with the MH of the server and get it resolved that way. Right or wrong it is the quickest way to resolve any issue when rules are involved.

I may get flamed but just being honest. :|
    Right. And when the MH of the server does the following:

1) Almost instantly deletes a player's account - imagine waking up to a timer saying your account is on ACP deletion with 16s left. Luckily, account didnt get deleted but all you get for your trouble is basically "oops."

2) When an MH consistently bans pairs of players, i.e, the reporter and reportee both get banned, or players on opposing teams consistently banned in pairs at the same time.

3) When an MH bans players and then executes the punishment when they are in the middle of discussing why theyre banned - no warning, no "i accept punishment" - just a flat out delete troops and unban.

4) Answers essay long replies with a brief sentence and continuously drags each reply an agonizing 24 hours each time? (That's COM MHs for you.)

When I write to admin@travian, i get a "we'll look into it but can't discuss bans" - how we supposed to know anything is being done on the part of us players with a grievance?

You know players spend money on this game - if TG thinks innocent players getting bent over is ok or that their ACP detection can't possibly have false positives, then guess what, they are extremely naive, and probably open to a class-action lawsuit if people didnt have to fly to Germany to sue them.

- signed a pissed off player
    ..And that is the Final Word.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: removed inflammatory statement ().

• People are so often banned unfairly.

Everyone is innocent.

The MH must be really bad!

Yet somehow, I’ve managed to make it my entire Travian career without any beef with them over cheating (ok there was the swearing at other players thing but that’s fair enough).

I doubt any of the people moaning are unjustly banned, just mad they got caught cheating.
  • notorious crunchie wrote:

People are so often banned unfairly.

Everyone is innocent.

The MH must be really bad!

Yet somehow, I’ve managed to make it my entire Travian career without any beef with them over cheating (ok there was the swearing at other players thing but that’s fair enough).

I doubt any of the people moaning are unjustly banned, just mad they got caught cheating.
    Oh. I get it. Because it never happened to me, it can't possibly happen to someone else. Nice fallacious argument. Consider yourself among the naive.
    ..And that is the Final Word.

• From my experience from start of this server, tribe balance is lacking, servers are lacking, programming is lacking, game was so fast thrown out there are still some syntax errors in some of the buildings descriptions, more than a fair share of crashes... Interesting enough none of that is taken into consideration, and I can bet now that who ever analyzed the data is also lacking the big picture here.

Well all that is fair. You lost players because of this, and I will make sure the ppl looking to play the game know that their hours of game play, 100s of Euros they put into the game and also countless nights without sleep can go away in an instant and they cannot do anything about it. Let us see how many will play the game then.

Best Regards from a player with 10 and more years of experience,

Cres

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: removed specific ban discussion ().

• Can they? You know what it means to have right to protest? This is what that means only I don't stand in front of your HQ in Germany waving signs. I have right to post here and complain about your decisions. I have right to tell everything that is public knowledge and I have right to support my friends who I spent days with playing. So please next time you edit something make sure you do it right or we might have another reason to protest something else.
  • Lemon wrote:

Cresret wrote:

I have right to post here and complain about your decisions.
    You have right to everything, as long as you stay within the forum rules, and terms and conditions...
    The forum rules can be found here: Community Guidelines

And the terms and conditions can be found here: terms-en.pdf
    As I did. I read the terms already and in no way did I deserve my post to be edited. I posted nothing specific to a certain ban or bans. I posted what is public knowledge among 100s of people.
  • Cresret wrote:

Well all that is fair. You lost players because of this, and I will make sure the ppl looking to play the game know that their hours of game play, 100s of Euros they put into the game and also countless nights without sleep can go away in an instant and they cannot do anything about it. Let us see how many will play the game then.
    If you cheat, you pay the price. It was their own decision to buy the gold anyways, so that's THEIR problem, not the problem of Travian moderators. Simply asking the MH why he did that he'll explain it to you how and why your ban was processed. Remember though, that he's not an idiot and know what he's doing... also he's not paid to deal with the crap people give him, so showing some respect and working with him might decrease your penalty, but that's not a guarantee.

And if you or anyone gets blocked by the MH, it similar to being at court for example, the information as of how, when, why and who is private as it only considers the MH and the blocked player, not the whole server.
    Travian respects that privacy, while some don't apparently.
    Also you're still granted the chance to contact Travian directly @ admin@travian.com* if you disagree with the MH's decision.

* - I've added .com, but you should use your own domain as each has their own.
    Kill me please...
  • sph1nX wrote:

Cresret wrote:

If you cheat, you pay the price. It was their own decision to buy the gold anyways, so that's THEIR problem, not the problem of Travian moderators. Simply asking the MH why he did that he'll explain it to you how and why your ban was processed. Remember though, that he's not an idiot and know what he's doing... also he's not paid to deal with the crap people give him, so showing some respect and working with him might decrease your penalty, but that's not a guarantee.
    And if you or anyone gets blocked by the MH, it similar to being at court for example, the information as of how, when, why and who is private as it only considers the MH and the blocked player, not the whole server.
    Travian respects that privacy, while some don't apparently.
    Also you're still granted the chance to contact Travian directly @ admin@travian.com* if you disagree with the MH's decision.

* - I've added .com, but you should use your own domain as each has their own.
    Once again. Yes that is what I hoped. This part:" the information as of how, when, why and who is private as it only considers the MH and the blocked player" in court case defended person can ask how and where they found his fingerprint and proof of the analysis". And well explaining any further would mean I talk specifics and my post will be edited. But lets just say no you cannot get proof you get banned and that is it.
    So how does one defend vs an error in game? If you for example have bad internet and all attacks end up being sent at same second? System shows it as same second which means player used a bot. (This is just an example) it can happen maybe not likey but can. But well no point in discussing. I am here to share my thoughts. Just so you know it is your decision to buy gold it is companies job to provide glitchfree service.