UK 29 General

• New Year's Special

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• UK 29 General

Just a general discussion thread for UK29. A couple things I'd like to point out and get some input from if there is any.

1st. The map... is this common or is it just this server where it's totally messed up?

2nd. 6 of the top 10 raiders are in the NW. Which is both annoying because it means farming is going to be a challenge, and brill cos it means oases are being cleared for me lol.

3rd. Whats happened to A.A, I assumed they'd have some top 10 raiders and yet...?

4th. Gauls. I have to ask what the point is in playing as gauls? If you're wanting to play off, then they're not the best of choices for WWk's. If you purely enjoy raiding etc then why not huns? If you love the defense then surely Egyptians are a better option with their oases bonus?
    • Hi Chris, welcome back. I thought you had managed to quit Travian a long time ago. I can answer a couple of these for you.

1. The map is messed up for a few of us as well especially on the first open stage, it sorts itself out after zooming out once. However I'm informed certain browsers are not responding nicely and need to have all the cookies and cache cleared then close and reopen for it to work.

2. Top raiders I can't really answer as I'm not really an early raider, don't know many who are now in the modern age of Travian, especially players who see the end of servers anyway.

3. Who said we don't have any top 10 raiders, I know of at least one who is in there. We are not all in an alliance named AA yet though as it is a waste of resources pushing an embassy and some choose other names!

4. I have to agree that egyptians seem a much better option at present bonus's. But some people are just stuck in their ways it seems!

Looking forward to testing out some theories against and with the egyptian tribe this server though. Hopefully everyone has lots of fun.
      The Zombie - UK29
    • Eppyrage (AA) wrote:

1. The map is messed up for a few of us as well especially on the first open stage, it sorts itself out after zooming out once. However I'm informed certain browsers are not responding nicely and need to have all the cookies and cache cleared then close and reopen for it to work.

Correct, Some people are experiencing issues with teh map where oasis are misplaced etc.

If you experience this please update your browser to the latest version, clear your cookies and cache and try again.

If the issue still continues please report the to multihunters
      128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Game Rules | Terms & Conditions | Rules FAQ

Game issues can only be answered by sending an In-Game Message to Multihunter / Support
      Or via the Homepage Support form
    • Chris (Lord Aslan) wrote:

4th. Gauls. I have to ask what the point is in playing as gauls? If you're wanting to play off, then they're not the best of choices for WWk's. If you purely enjoy raiding etc then why not huns? If you love the defense then surely Egyptians are a better option with their oases bonus?
      Complacency isn't always a negative trait, so if someone can ace an account as Gaul then while it can be fun to try new elements of the game, there's no harm in carrying on. There's also likely to be less gauls about now making their def a bit more attractive than usual. And while Egyptians do have bonuses for def, to get the same def values you need more, costing more wheat (a mechanic of the that will be interesting to watch unfold at endgame) which makes me hesitant to use them too heavily. When you have 5 options for defence, lean on all 5 options equally (or as close to as possible).

As for WWK's, why they were ever used for this purpose in the first place baffles me :whistling:
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • Milesias wrote:

Anyone have advice on playing as The Huns? First time playing properly for a few years and thought I'd give them a go.
      Farm. A lot. Best raiding units in the game (Steppes).

Tbh also the 2nd best raiding unit in the game with Marksmen, if you go def.

Mercs > bow imo.

Did I mention you should farm?

That's about it I think.

Oh, hamvil (off and def mix) is super viable for Huns. Mercs + Marksmen = decent for def, great for off too. If that's something you like.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • On point 4, we're on Fire and Sand at the moment as Egyptians, and I have to agree they are pretty busted.

However, a lot of people are sceptical about slaves, not many people want them as standing. So if you do play Egyptian, you want to basically be able to use slaves as a reinforcement that lands as close as possible before whatever incoming you're trying to defend. I don't know if merging/forwarding is on your server, but if they aren't you'll have way more of a difficult time using slaves effectively. So that means that, yeah you may have a lot more wheat, but you're also feeding more of your own troops than the average defender, who has probably palmed off a load of their deff as standing. Also, to make a successful defence with slaves you really need your hro along to maximise deff bonus and give the right hand weapon buff because of their poor base deff stats.

What that means is that whilst slaves are the most cost effective troop in the game and the primary reason why I personally chose Egyptians, the reality is that in order to provide your alliance with the maximum defensive benefit you can from your account, you also need to have a decent proportion of ash wardens. Now ash wardens are considerably more expensive than phals, at a net res cost of 420 to 315. They only give an additional accumulative deff stat of 95 to phalanxes 90 and the difference in queue time at lvl 20 barracks with T1 helm is roughly 30 secs more per Ash warden. They also move slower.

So based on the above, I would say that there is still a real justification to play Gauls still, depending on the style of game any given deffer wants to play and what they hope to achieve.
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

Farm. A lot. Best raiding units in the game (Steppes).

Tbh also the 2nd best raiding unit in the game with Marksmen, if you go def.

Mercs > bow imo.

Did I mention you should farm?

That's about it I think.

Oh, hamvil (off and def mix) is super viable for Huns. Mercs + Marksmen = decent for def, great for off too. If that's something you like.
      Thanks a lot! I looked at the Steppes beforehand and they looked very good for that (shocking defence though!), as well as Marksmen. Guess I better be pretty active then and get some raiding done :D

Are you on the ts29 server? Mercs, Marksmen and Steppes seems like the way to go :)
    • Milesias wrote:

Are you on the ts29 server? Mercs, Marksmen and Steppes seems like the way to go
      I'm on com8, the Fire and Sand beta. Quitting as soon as the server ends.

Bows are only better for one thing; less crop consumption for off power. But they're atrocious at farming and defensively too - so I prefer the better farming of mercs, slightly more off/time and some defensive capability should it be needed (some security against getting ghosted too, even if you don't plan to use your mercs defensively at all).

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

I'm on com8, the Fire and Sand beta. Quitting as soon as the server ends.

Bows are only better for one thing; less crop consumption for off power. But they're atrocious at farming and defensively too - so I prefer the better farming of mercs, slightly more off/time and some defensive capability should it be needed (some security against getting ghosted too, even if you don't plan to use your mercs defensively at all).
      Thanks again :D

Think I'm gonna focus on Mercs and Steppes/Marks for now. Then I'll be looking for def allies whilst/if I build up Bows for a hammer :p
    • Any helping material out here regarding these new tribes,
      Is the Egyptian a pure defensive tribe, or there is any thing good for offense, any good raiding troops.
      How about playing it as an offense. As at first glance they seems to be pure defense.