UK 29 General

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• kashi_AU wrote:

Is the Egyptian a pure defensive tribe, or there is any thing good for offense, any good raiding troops.
      How about playing it as an offense. As at first glance they seems to be pure defense.
      Not good at offense at all. Very low off/time and super expensive units - paired with very poor raiding. I mean... You can do it but... It's worse than Gaul off by far. They're even the worst at off/upkeep (since some people think that's the key metric).

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

You just need to change the server type fella.

You brought your lot into uk29?

Soldiers by any chance? :P
      Na just register to check these new tribes, noting spacial. may be delete after some time and register again to check out Huns. my bad gone for this impotent tribe :( .

wishmaster3 wrote:

Not good at offense at all. Very low off/time and super expensive units - paired with very poor raiding. I mean... You can do it but... It's worse than Gaul off by far. They're even the worst at off/upkeep (since some people think that's the key metric).
      hmm, yea it seems made for pure defense, plus these two new tribes, really degraded all the other three tribes, haven;t played huns yet, but they seems to be very good tribe for offense, even better then romen . that Marauder, and Steppe Rider out class.
      So the future is now eypt for defense and Hun for offense.
    • Tapio wrote:

As an Egyptian, I find raiding very hard... Any tips or advice?
      Their troops are bad for raiding. Nothing you can change about that. Focus on village and account growth, and make sure to settle villages that can take oases, so you get the benefit of the waterworks.

Of course raiding is still another source of income, and a way to make the troops pay for their own upkeep and cost, but the raiding won't ever be good for you when you're Egyptian.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • kashi_AU wrote:

Na just register to check these new tribes, noting spacial. may be delete after some time and register again to check out Huns. my bad gone for this impotent tribe :( .hmm, yea it seems made for pure defense, plus these two new tribes, really degraded all the other three tribes, haven;t played huns yet, but they seems to be very good tribe for offense, even better then romen . that Marauder, and Steppe Rider out class. So the future is now eypt for defense and Hun for offense.
      Huns only have 2% off/time more than Roman - this doesn't make Romans suddenly non-viable. Teutons have 7% more/time than Roman, and yet both tribes are viable for offence.

In exchange for your 2% off and better raiding units, you have 16% increased upkeep and don't have dual build. For most players, the lack of dual build hurts a lot, and their slightly improved raiding units will rarely make up for the 16% increase in upkeep.

The only exception to this is if you're a 24/7 raid account with infinite gold, but then you should be playing Teutons anyways.

Oh and also, you can say that Marauders are better than EI for defence, but really this is redundant. If you're defending with your hammer, you've already made some huge mistakes.
    • Lemon wrote:

Egyptians are only meant to be used as boosting/pushing accounts...Since all of their troops are fairly weak.
      Lemon is right. Listen to this dude.

All hail Lemon. :love:

In other words. Teutons will always be the best no matter what anybody else says. Complaints about that? You don't know how to run a teuton account correctly.
    • APenguinOverlord wrote:

In exchange for your 2% off and better raiding units, you have 16% increased upkeep and don't have dual build. For most players, the lack of dual build hurts a lot, and their slightly improved raiding units will rarely make up for the 16% increase in upkeep.
      how they have high upkeep then romen. yea dual build is one of the major plus for roman , but then there come HDT too.

APenguinOverlord wrote:

Oh and also, you can say that Marauders are better than EI for defence, but really this is redundant. If you're defending with your hammer, you've already made some huge mistakes.
      I was actually comparing steppe Rider with EIs, they more cheaper and faster, second all the three Hun cavalry could be used for raiding.
      Not stupid to use hammer for defense, so no point disusing their defense points.
      Marauders have the power of ECs and the speed of EIs, also carry more, could be used every effectively for raiding. No need to build separate EI raiding hammer.

And the cost to build is also a big plus for Hun.
    • Lemon wrote:

Egyptians are only meant to be used as boosting/pushing accounts...Since all of their troops are fairly weak.
      On Fire and Sand all the accounts with the top deff points are Egyptian. As I said previously, if merging and forwarding are on the server, they can be really strong.
    • -SR wrote:

Lemon wrote:

On Fire and Sand all the accounts with the top deff points are Egyptian. As I said previously, if merging and forwarding are on the server, they can be really strong.
      Thats cause the def points system is giving out points based on crop consumption and not based on def power....Egyptian units have a really low train time, which makes them perfect if you want to be a top deffer without actually doing anything.

And there's no troop merge.

• Doesn't change the fact that their troops are generally weaker than other tribes, I'm sure you can play them as def, but why not make use of their strengths instead of trying to make something weak work...

They are good at 2 things imo...

Hold WWs...And be used as boosting/pushing accounts...

• Slaves have the best training time to deff point ratio as well as being the cheapest troop type relatively. Only issue is feeding them, but if you can sort that out, then they're the best troop type in the game.

If you decide not to use slaves then I agree Egyptians are completely secondary to every other tribe bar as holding accounts, but if you can find a way to use them effectively, then they've definitely got their place.
    • Lemon wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that their troops are generally weaker than other tribes, I'm sure you can play them as def, but why not make use of their strengths instead of trying to make something weak work...
      you missing the basic point of cheap and quick to build troops. and for crop consumption , there is that waterwork thing to boost the crops.
      very effective defense tribe for competitive servers. where there is high ratio of continuous wars, and allots of hammers to kill.
    • Excellent points made about Egyptians.

We have still to witness how it will be during mid-end game but for now it seems like a tribe meant to be Jack of all trades, not a specialized attacker/defender/raider. But something meant for new players and simmers (people who do not have a lot of time to spend in game).

Hero with 2x resource production meant it was easy to sim 2nd village without raiding too much (didn't have to buy cages/ointments/buckets and ready to settle in 6 days).
      Due to waterworks, this should be your priority. A good cropper will compensate for lack of raiding ability of this tribe.

Tapio wrote:

As an Egyptian, I find raiding very hard... Any tips or advice?
      To raid use a mix of Ash warden + Anhur Guard . They are average at raiding and have a good defense against early game raiders (clubs, TTs, EIs ).
      Steppe Rider is the bane of this mix though, and you should get some some spears/phalanx/crocs/Elephants to protect against them.

Make a list of small sized inactives (pop less than 50) and raid them (I am using Ash for distance<24 fields and Anhur for distance of 25-60 fields.)
      Raid small villages coming out of BP. Raid clay/iron oasis by clearing it with hero (you will need some gear and ointments).
      You cannot farm semi-active players using Egyptians, and target group meant for this tribe should not be farming a lot anyways. Sim Sim Sim. That's your advantage.

Summary :No you will not get into top 10 raiders with this tribe(assuming you are not going to spend a lot on auctions, clearing oasis etc), but if you try hard you will be able to get around 30-40% of amount raided by top raiders.

**If you are not planning to raid much go for a bunch of slaves and wall 10. Cost effective defense to let you sim peacefully. **

Once the early game is over what can you potentially do with this tribe...

1. Without question it is a defense tribe and Slave/Ash warden + Anhur Guard/ Chariot will be the way to go.
      Like clubs, slaves are also heavy on crop consumption and make it only if you have a good cropper(s)+ oasis to support them. If you do, spam the slaves.

2. Sniping defense=: Due to the well rounded defense stats of Chariots they will be great for sending snipes(will work against both cav+cata and infantry+cata). Not to say the 10 speed is great for timing in snipes, use your chariots+ cata>ram>Ash>Slave along with them for options to time snipe.

3. Using as an offense(Kopesh + Chariot): Almost all the experienced players are saying no to going offense while playing Egyptians and they are right, all the offense statistics go against it.
      You generate 3000 offense(cav+infantry) per hour which is very low(sword+hdns- 3379, clubs+tk- 4058, axes+tk- 3774, imp+ec(hdt)- 3789, Imp+EI- 3410, bow+Mara- 3926)

While I am not experienced (yet to receive a 3 year medal, and didn't play the fire and sands server), I would like to point out some of the reasons why you can play an offensive Egyptian.
      • Fewer resource problems when maintaining ques(waterworks bonus) and sustaining hammer (lowest per hour crop consumption- 108), given same level of cap fields.
      • You can raid in mid game with your hammer for additional income, which makes it comparable to a Gaul hammer.
      • Defensive ability- Probably the only composition of hammer to have an excellent defensive ability as well. Gauls come close but swords + haeduans are still not the greatest defense in terms of cost. Egyptian offense can be used as defense and it will be almost comparable to Druid+phlax combo (3900 cav+infantry def per hour vs 4500 ). swords+ haeduans come closest (3180 cav+inf def per hour). I can post the whole table later if someone is interested.
      • Due to above it is difficult to Follow-home and Ghost an Egyptian offense. In the best case you sacrifice one hammer to kill another one.
      • An Egyptain (especialy raiding) can maintain gb/gs ques more easily due to additional production (imagine 93k production instead of 63k at level 15 fields). Practically, they might even be able to generate an offense comparable to their gallic or Ei based roman counterparts if they make a noncap.
      • Since people have already been talking about support role of egyptians, it is a point to consider that you can easily support your catas for wwk. You will not be clearing defense but as the last person you can have one of the largest cata impacts on ww.

Okay that was too long, but I hope it will give people something to consider who have already started as Egyptians.
      Let me know what you guys think :), if something to add or somwhere i am wrong.