Transferring unused silver after a server ends

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Transferring unused silver after a server ends

So just finished my first server and travian won’t let me change my silver to gold to transfer to the next server?

So are travian only transferring it if you exchanged it before the server ends or what?
    • Not much. Like 5k. But that annoys me. It shouldn’t be like that, if I’m not on the winning side how will I know when it ends? I might need a late bucket..
      With the amount of gold we buy they really should fix this error
    • yea probs should be fixed, but 5k silver is like 25 gold... if u buy a lot of gold it shouldnt make a difference really :D but i get ur frustrations, oh well u wont forget next server

funny thing is when u delete an account u get all silver transferred to gold automatically so trav has the capabilities to fix this but doesnt as they will lose on people buying more gold if they do :D
    • Gold from Quests, Silver Exchange or Promotions is not transferable

Only remaining unused paid for gold can be transferred.

As stated by the Terms and Conditions, When you use gold in any way whether to buy gold club, master builder or at the silver exchange it is classed as being consumed IE you have received a premium feature that you paid for with premium currency. That is why you are not able to change it back from silver to gold and then transfer it.
      128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Game Rules | Terms & Conditions | Rules FAQ

Game issues can only be answered by sending an In-Game Message to Multihunter / Support
      Or via the Homepage Support form
    • Arthur Dent wrote:

Gold from Quests, Silver Exchange or Promotions is not transferable

That is why you are not able to change it back from silver to gold and then transfer it.
      Incorrect.

You are able to transfer as much gold as what you paid for, even if some of it is converted from silver. I.e. if you've bought 300 gold, you can transfer 300 gold, even if you've spent 50 on random stuff, and then exchange silver to make up for that spent gold. If you've only bought 300 gold, but thanks to silver exchange have gotten 400 gold, then you will only be able to transfer 300 of it. But saying that you can't spend gold on silver, and then change it back in order to transfer it is just incorrect.

Also, your post has nothing to do with the ability to exchange silver to gold after the server ends, which was what the OP was talking about - because he is obviously more aware of how the game works than you appear to be ;)

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • thesssssupdude_UK wrote:

yea probs should be fixed, but 5k silver is like 25 gold... if u buy a lot of gold it shouldnt make a difference really :D but i get ur frustrations, oh well u wont forget next server

funny thing is when u delete an account u get all silver transferred to gold automatically so trav has the capabilities to fix this but doesnt as they will lose on people buying more gold if they do :D
      Not deleted for years, but if that's the case, this discrepancy should be fixed.
    • After server end, all accounts are indeed frozen.

So no action can be done anymore.
      You can keep track of the World Wonders in the statistics view, so when you see it on 95+, better start selling unused items and transfer the silver to gold to maximize your possible gold amount to transfer to another server.

That is, of course, if you have bought any gold. If all the gold comes from auction sales, you're not able to transfer that.
    • If he could have exchanged it prior to a WW hitting a 100 don't see the logic of not letting him do so afterwards. Clearly Travian has recognised it as an exchangeable and recoverable amount. I think we spend enough on gold without being short changed in this way.

Appreciate it may have been incorporated into the T&Cs, but seems to me that it is a policy that should be revisited.
    • -SR wrote:

If he could have exchanged it prior to a WW hitting a 100 don't see the logic of not letting him do so afterwards. Clearly Travian has recognised it as an exchangeable and recoverable amount. I think we spend enough on gold without being short changed in this way.

Appreciate it may have been incorporated into the T&Cs, but seems to me that it is a policy that should be revisited.

All accounts are banned with reason "Server_End". Banned accounts can't do anything. That includes exchanging silver and selling items.

ELE wrote:

Silver can be automatically transferred to gold when a server ends, no reason not to do it.
      This is not an option at the moment, and I can't verify nor deny a possibility to do so in the future, nor do I have any say in that decision making.

All I can say is why it's not possible at the moment, which I did by answering the previous quote and posts.

yea probs should be fixed, but 5k silver is like 25 gold... if u buy a lot of gold it shouldnt make a difference really :D but i get ur frustrations, oh well u wont forget next server

funny thing is when u delete an account u get all silver transferred to gold automatically so trav has the capabilities to fix this but doesnt as they will lose on people buying more gold if they do
      then they should make sure silver is exchanged before banning all players. Shouldn’t be like this, it’s peoples money we’re talking about.
      Also if I exchanged my silver to gold every time a ww was on lvl 95 I would’ve used 500 gold just on exchanging back and forth.
    • I get that, I understand what does happen, but what I am saying is that a conversation should be had by whoever the stakeholders are in this kind of decision making to alter the policy and automation that is currently in place to facilitate post server end silver transfers.

I mean all the players here are actually customers of Travian Games GmbH. I think if someone forgets to transfer some gold that they actually paid for and has it taken away from them due to a technicality, that's not a great level of customer service that's being offered.

Would you be in a position to communicate the thoughts in this thread to someone who can consider making this change?
    • Happy wrote:

thesssssupdude_UK wrote:

funny thing is when u delete an account u get all silver transferred to gold automatically so trav has the capabilities to fix this but doesnt as they will lose on people buying more gold if they do
      then they should make sure silver is exchanged before banning all players. Shouldn’t be like this, it’s peoples money we’re talking about.Also if I exchanged my silver to gold every time a ww was on lvl 95 I would’ve used 500 gold just on exchanging back and forth.
      Was this not ur first server? XD.
      Jk but once u buy tier 3 items there is no point in having more silver. :)

Happy wrote:

thesssssupdude_UK wrote:

then they should make sure silver is exchanged before banning all players. Shouldn’t be like this, it’s peoples money we’re talking about.Also if I exchanged my silver to gold every time a ww was on lvl 95 I would’ve used 500 gold just on exchanging back and forth.
      Was this not ur first server? XD.Jk but once u buy tier 3 items there is no point in having more silver. :)
      first completed server yeah.
      And the amount of ww’s that reached lvl 95 wouldve been enough to ruin most people, have they Exchanged their silver to gold and back again every time they got knocked down.
      Also, the occasional bucket (guess you’ve never played with Moogle) or bandages to rebuild your wwk. Plenty of stuff to buy after tier 3 items land
    • You've bought the gold, and the second you start using it, you agree to the terms and waiver your right for a cash refund.
      This is according to the European Laws on digital sales.

You can only ask for a refund within 7 or 14 days (I don't know it by heart) if you haven't used the gold yet. (term of reflection)

Travian compensates you in the possibility to transfer UNUSED gold to another server.
      Exchanged gold for silver is USED gold, and therefor not eligible for transfer.

If you manually change your silver back to gold, you have a better chance at being able to transfer more gold.
      However, if you have never bought any gold, and you completely use gold as a result of silver sales, you cannot transfer any gold at the end of the server.

In that regard, having Travian Games GmbH automatically transfer all remaining silver to gold, is an equivalent of taking back a car you bought without you actually deciding about it, and give you a voucher for half it's cost, because the model is not being sold any more.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MuchachoNL ().

• Dark Tower wrote:

Travian compensates you in the possibility to transfer UNUSED gold to another server.
      Exchanged gold for silver is USED gold, and therefor not eligible for transfer.

If you manually change your silver back to gold, you have a better chance at being able to transfer more gold.
      However, if you have never bought any gold, and you completely use gold as a result of silver sales, you cannot transfer any gold at the end of the server.

In that regard, having Travian Games GmbH automatically transfer all remaining silver to gold, is an equivalent of taking back a car you bought without you actually deciding about it, and give you a voucher for half it's cost, because the model is not being sold any more.
      So why they do it when you delete your account? This makes no sense to me. Also you could say the same about unused travian plus cause you bought more days than the server lasted, yet they transfer that too. Also your metaphor is slightly off, it’s closer to paying your electricity bill or water bill up front and not using the amount you paid for, if you move out you get the difference back.
      Don’t get why we’re even discussing this, I’m aware how the system works, I’m, as a customer at Travian Games, asking for a change.