Transferring unused silver after a server ends

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

As Dark Tower says, once you have spent gold on buying silver you have spent it, so Travian is under no legal obligation to return it. I wasn't aware that it gets automatically converted back on an account deletion, but that situation is different from the way it works at the end of the server where everyone's account is banned and all gold automatically refunded at the point the server finishes.

As always, feedback from you is passed back to HQ and I'm sure TK will have more information later.
    • Meme wrote:

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

As Dark Tower says, once you have spent gold on buying silver you have spent it, so Travian is under no legal obligation to return it. I wasn't aware that it gets automatically converted back on an account deletion, but that situation is different from the way it works at the end of the server where everyone's account is banned and all gold automatically refunded at the point the server finishes.

As always, feedback from you is passed back to HQ and I'm sure TK will have more information later.
      thanks mate! Honestly all I wanted :)
    • Dark Tower wrote:

if you have never bought any gold, and you completely use gold as a result of silver sales, you cannot transfer any gold at the end of the server.
      But someone spent money on the gold which was transferred into silver, which was then used to generate profit for the poor little non-gold account, so the silver still has monetary value and should be used as motivation for those hard working non-gold players (who are very handsome people who can run incredibly fast - I have been told) to keep pedalling out those phalanxes. Just an idea - free gold for the non-gold users (the heart and soul of every server)!
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      Puzzled Converter - Battle reports Travian
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).

"And firstly I have never met anyone but you that can play a whole server without buying gold" Ben (happy) 13/2/18
    • WIM wrote:

But someone spent money on the gold which was transferred into silver, which was then used to generate profit for the poor little non-gold account, so the silver still has monetary value and should be used as motivation for those hard working non-gold players (who are very handsome people who can run incredibly fast - I have been told) to keep pedalling out those phalanxes. Just an idea - free gold for the non-gold users (the heart and soul of every server)!
      No. This would open up a black market for gold, which would make botting absolutely explode - seeing as those already running silver/resource/def selling bot networks would start selling gold too. This would actually mean less gold through auctions for the non-gold users too, seeing as a large portion of the items being bought would be the ones being sold by such bots. While I bash TG for many things, this one is perfectly reasonable.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • The only way I can think of this working without encouraging botting would be to transfer any gold-generated silver that was physically purchased with hard cash.

So 300 gold on an account could be made up of two different pots. 250 that you purchased, and 50 you gained from task master (for e.g.). However if you tried to delete with that same 300 gold, you would only be able to transfer the 250 you directly purchased (otherwise botting would be even more insane). When you spend gold, Travian will automatically take from the non-purchased pots first. So any gold your account is credited with will be spent first and once that pot is empty, your account will then draw from the pot of gold you have paid for. If you can picture a paid-for pot of gold, and a freebie pot of gold that will help with the next bit.

Now when you transfer silver, I don't know which pot the game pulls from first. Assuming it follows the same process as above, you could have 5000 silver that you have claimed but never paid for (because it came from the free gold pot which had 50 gold in). So if there aren't already, two silver pots would be needed first. One pot of silver that was claimed using any free gold on the account (or won through adventures), another pot of silver that was claimed from the paid-for gold pot. Still with me? Good. Any silver left at endgame that is in the paid-for silver pot could be converted back to gold for the user to move alongside any other gold. The only part I haven't covered is what happens to silver that is earned through the sale of items since that's trickier to track, so the easier option there is to class it with the non-paid for silver, though I'm tired and my brain is giving up now.

TL;DR - any gold that you paid hard cash to convert to silver, you claim back. Any free silver you picked up gets sucked back into cyber space where it came from.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hawkery ().

• Hawkery wrote:

TL;DR - any gold that you paid hard cash to convert to silver, you claim back. Any free silver you picked up gets sucked back into cyber space where it came from.
      I think it's fine as it works now. Can't believe you're actually asking them to give us less back :p In case you missed it, this is how it works now:

wishmaster3 wrote:

You are able to transfer as much gold as what you paid for, even if some of it is converted from silver. I.e. if you've bought 300 gold, you can transfer 300 gold, even if you've spent 50 on random stuff, and then exchange silver to make up for that spent gold. If you've only bought 300 gold, but thanks to silver exchange have gotten 400 gold, then you will only be able to transfer 300 of it.

Or maybe I misunderstand?

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

Hawkery wrote:

I think it's fine as it works now. Can't believe you're actually asking them to give us less back :p In case you missed it, this is how it works now:

wishmaster3 wrote:

You are able to transfer as much gold as what you paid for, even if some of it is converted from silver. I.e. if you've bought 300 gold, you can transfer 300 gold, even if you've spent 50 on random stuff, and then exchange silver to make up for that spent gold. If you've only bought 300 gold, but thanks to silver exchange have gotten 400 gold, then you will only be able to transfer 300 of it.
      Or maybe I misunderstand?
      You are very close.
      But it's not calculated over all of your purchases, just the last one.
    • Dark Tower wrote:

Maybe
      So you don't know? I check my e-mails before i posted - I have link for higher amount, can't guarantee it was not last month purchase but most likely it was not.

There is nothing in the rules about a cap, by amount or by length. This is not hypothetical example, it is not uncommon to stuck up on gold during promotion and if, for whatever reason, account deleted soon after links come pretty heavy. I have never heard about someone not getting back gold they bought.
    • This is what I have been told by one of my CSRs, and I haven't actually stockpiled on gold before, so no: I wouldn't know for sure.
      As there is no written rules about anything regarding how much gold is received after the end of a server or on account deletion, so there's no way for us to be sure too. (Only CM/CSR and higher have this info)
    • In short all brought in gold (either by paying money or from transfer link) is available for transfer at the end of the server or after account deletion which ever happens first. Hawkery has explained very well how the gold system works. At the end what ever gold left as "transferable gold" will be available as transferable link without any cap.
    • Well server is limited now so after 90days I think it will be waste to keep silver.. if it's less than 90 u can calculate how much firepower is on server left ..I am sure if u are hunting with bandages etc u are certain where it will go..