WvV Round 59 - Pirates of the Caribbean

• Game

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

• WvV Round 59 - Pirates of the Caribbean

WvV Round 59
      Pirates of the Caribbean

"In order to affect a timely halt to deteriorating conditions and to ensure the common good, a state of emergency is declared for these territories
      by decree of Lord Cutler Beckett, duly appointed representative of His Majesty, the king.
      By decree, according to martial law, the following statutes are temporarily amended:
      - Right to assembly, suspended.
      - Right to habeas corpus, suspended.
      - Right to legal counsel, suspended.
      - Right to verdict by a jury of peers, suspended.
      By decree, all persons found guilty of piracy, or aiding a person convicted of piracy, or associating with a person convicted of piracy,
      shall be sentenced to hang by the neck until dead."

And so the Royal Navy has declared war on Pirates, who just love to roam free.
      A young boy started a second wind in the defeated pirates, and a select few now remain.

In order to end the war once and for all, I, Captain Teague, Keeper of the Code, have invited a delegation of the remaining Pirates
      and a delegation of the King's Crown to settle this amongst each other.
      From Shipwreck Cove, on the Island of Shipwreck, with a capitol called Shipwreck, I have sailed to Port Royal to oversee the Final Battle.
      Together with King George II, I will see to it to be a fair fight.

Villagers - Special Pirates

William Turner - Blacksmith

William Turner Jr., Son of William Turner, a.k.a. Bootstrap Bill, is Port Royal's Blacksmith.
      He came aboard the crew of Captain Jack Sparrow to rescue his crush, Elizabeth Swann from the dreaded crew of Captain Barbossa, and stuck along ever since.
      His righteous character and blacksmithing skills gives him the power to protect someone every night.

"Captain" Jack Sparrow - Houdini

The infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. To some the worst pirate ever heard of, to others the greatest pirate ever seen.
      It is still debated whether or not his actions are out of clumsiness and the results are just happenstance.
      Nonetheless, this gives him the eerie ability to escape custody, or even the noose.
      He is immune to one alpha kill, or one lynch.

Jack the Monkey - Seer

Once a pet monkey of Captain Barbossa, Jack has taken a rather annoying but useful role among Big Jack's crew.
      Due to his small size, he is the perfect spy, and always finds out if you have any dirty secrets.
      He can visit you undetected and find out all there is to know about you.

Regular Pirates - Normal villagers
      Comprised of, but not limited to:

Joshamee Gibbs

Elizabeth Swann

Pintel

Ragetti

Scrum

Marty

East India Trading Company - Wolves

Lord Cutler Beckett - Alpha

As the head of the East India Trading Company, Cutler Beckett has slain several hundreds of pirates.
      He has no qualms about using their own kind against them, as he had Davy Jones in a vice and fighting his battles for him.
      Now he has pleaded his case to the King to lead the Final Battle against the pirates, and he was appointed Alpha.

Ian Mercer - Backup Alpha

As second-in-command to Lord Beckett, Ian Mercer has slain his fair share of pirates, too.
      His knack for devious tricks like planting evidence, together with his Scottish temper, makes him a terrible foe.
      Whenever Lord Becket is indisposed, Ian takes care of the Alpha kill.

Royal Navy Soldiers - Regular Wolves
      Due to too little main and side characters, regular wolves are all gathered under this nominator

Chaos Roles

Weatherby Swann - Governor

As Govenor of Port Royal, Weatherby Swann is loyal to the crown.
      As a father to Elizabeth Swann, who has taken her place along William's side, he can't help but look out for her safety.
      His weak character causes him to flip sides whenever he thinks it's in his best interest, so he always sides with the winning team.
      However, sometimes he is adamant in his beliefs, and is able to muster up the courage to throw his weight around and pardon the victim of a lynch once during the game.

Tia Dalma - Witch

Calypso, bound in human bones by the Brethren Court, is roaming the earth as Tia Dalma.
      As the Goddess of the Sea, her witchcraft appears to be limitless.
      She hates the pirates for binding her, but she hates the East India Trading Company after she finds out that it was Davy Jones who told the Brethren Court how to bind her
      She has the power to kill one person during the game, and save one person during the game, and takes the winning side by default.

Syrena - Siren

The power of a Siren's song is said to be a powerful lure.
      However, Syrena's empathic ability has its drawbacks, as she falls in love with her first victim, making her the first part of the lover's couple.
      She will then die with them, and her spell is so strong that her lover will also die when she does.
      After 4 nights, her urge to feed is so overwhelming that she needs to kill, and so she will kill anyone who is near her.

Players
      Blaze
      cantbeasked
      deaderpool
      Happy
      Jakeyyy - inactivity - villager - lover
      Krybskytten - inactivity - villager
      lagushki
      Lemon
      MadZ
      Marksy
      Moogle - Lynched - Alpha
      Notorious Crunchie - suicide - Siren
      PFK - Alpha - Govenor
      Razorwind
      Rob Jakes - Lynched - Seer
      Ruffian

Lynch: Monday Jan 22, 21:30 GMT

The post was edited 11 times, last by MuchachoNL ().

• What an eventful day in Port Royal. Several people could not help but bully the local people around, and were therefore absent during the nightly gathering.
      The local tavern was filled to the brim with drunkards, and not long after, a brawl emerged.
      People were throwing punches left and right, and when I finally arrived, things quickly calmed down.

"Alright, you maggots! Who be it that is responsible for this awful ruckus?!" I bellowed.
      Most people quickly pointed to Rob Jakes, and before he could even blink I had him at the end of my cutlass.

In all the commotion, I almost didn't notice two figures approaching an empty seat, and they left in fury.
      When I walked over to the seat, I saw a taunting note with an empty vial, no doubt addressed to the culprits.

In the distance, a sweet voice sang, and a shiver went down everybody's spine: Syrena had called upon them.

TL DR;
      Rob Jakes was lynched, he was Jack the Monkey - Seer.
      Syrena lured in her victim and fell in love.

PlayerVote
      BlazeRob
      cantbeaskedDeaderpool
      DeaderpoolRob
      HappyRob
      JakeyyyAbsent
      KrybskyttenAbsent
      lagushkiAbsent
      LemonAbsent
      MadzNo Lynch
      MarksyLagushki
      MoogleRob
      Notorious CrunchieRob
      PFKRob
      RazorwindRob
      Rob JakesRazor
      RuffianRob

Next Lynch: Tuesday 21:30 GMT

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Simpsons ().

• It was an even rougher night this time.
      Jakeyyy and Krybskytten were pillaging again, I swear to the Gods: I will send them to Davy Jones' Locker myself if they ignore me again!

I cleared my throat, and the discussions quieted down.
      "It is with a sad heart that I have to tell of the abdication of King George II, it is unclear as to who his successor will be for now"

People were obviously disgruntled and I had to raise my voice to quiet them down.
      But alas, the people were too angry, started debating among each other, and while two people minded their own business and five were randomly punching others (one was even so drunk he was punching into thin air) it was the majority of the people that ganged up on Moogle and dragged him outside.

Everybody followed, including me, and there was a noose hanging at the ready.
      Moogle was able to grab hold of the pistol of one of the people dragging him towards the noose, and fired it at Razorwind.

Everybody fell silent and looked in horror to Razorwind.
      He looked down at his chest, where a red spot grew bigger and bigger, and he started laughing.
      With his last breath he quickly drank a vial, and he sank to his knees. The red spot stopped growing and started shrinking.
      With a heavy sigh, he spat out the bullet that went through his heart moments before.

Moogle yelled in panic: "No!! It CANNOT BE! You should be dead!".
      I ran towards Moogle to sever his head from his shoulders, but Razorwind grabbed my arm... with more power than I gave his frail body credit for.
      Razorwind's eyes flickered and his grin went sinister: "It be a'ight, love! 'im will be dead soon!"

He didn't even have to finish his sentence as the group strung him up and kicked the bucket from underneath his feet.

One quick drop and a sudden stop ended Moogle's life, and an EIC card fell from his coat pocket.

TL DR;
      Moogle got Lynched, he was Lord Cutler Beckett (alpha).
      Razorwind was alpha'd, but he saved himself from death.

PlayerVote
      BlazeNo Lynch
      cantbeaskedkrybskytten
      deaderpoolLemon
      HappyMoogle
      JakeyyyAbsent
      KrybskyttenAbsent
      lagushkiMoogle
      LemonTemplar Knight
      MadzPFK
      MarksyMoogle
      MoogleCrunch
      Notorious CrunchieMoogle
      PFKMoogle
      RazorwindMoogle
      Rob JakesDead
      RuffianNo Lynch

Next Lynch: Wednesday 21:30 GMT

The post was edited 4 times, last by MuchachoNL ().

• I know it's a sad evening...but we will have to look at the bright sides of life.

We now have 2 confirmed villagers.

Razor, for being the Witch *

And me, Lemon for being the only one who tried to lynch the real threat here on the forum.

Specials, please get in contact.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lemon ().

• Today was a sad day. There was a gloomy mood all around the Tavern, and people were fed up with some of the no shows.
      As the mob marched on to finally kill Krybskytten, they saw him impaled to a door... apparently the civilians repaid him for his pillaging efforts.
      Since they've haven't heard from Jakeyyy either, they went to check on him... only to find him dead in the arms of Syrena who was also dead... both had a dagger in their hands lunged into each other's hearts.

This view was too much for many of the group and panic spread.
      Nobody saw that PFK was knifed down in the commotion... there goes another figure of balance.

TL DR;
      Krybskytten died of inactivity but was about to get lynched - Joshamee Gibbs (villager)
      Jakeyyy died of inactivity - Mr. Cotton (Villager - Lover)
      Crunchie committed suicide after staging a mutual murder - Syrena (Siren - Lover)
      PFK was alpha'd - Govenor Weatherby Swann (Govenor)

PlayerVote
      BlazeKrybskytten
      cantbeaskedlemon
      deaderpoolAbsent
      HappyLemon
      JakeyyyAbsent
      KrybskyttenAbsent
      lagushkikrybskytten
      Lemonkrybskytten
      Madzkrybskytten
      MarksyLemon
      MoogleDead
      Notorious CrunchieAbsent
      PFKHappy
      Razorwindkrybskytten
      Rob JakesDead
      Ruffiankrybskytten

Next Lynch: Thursday 21:30 GMT

The post was edited 3 times, last by MuchachoNL ().

• Today was actually a nice day: the commotion was down to a minimum, and there was even laughter all around.

The fact that one person was missing, didn't seem to sink in, although I found it curious.
      At one point, Lemon showed up with a big Ship's Wheel in his pants, much to the amusement of all the Patrons.
      It was quite amusing, but we had work to do. I drank down my beer and stood up. Before I could speak, the entire Tavern came up to me. I trained these landlubbers well.

Lemon still had that Ship's Wheel in his pants, and it started to annoy me. "What in the blazes is that Wheel doing in your pants, Lemon?!" I asked furiously.
      With a sheepish grin, as if he was waiting for someone to ask him all day, he replied "Dunno Cap'n, but it be drivin' me nuts!"

Thunderous laughter emerged, but one person didn't find it funny. Maybe because it was his ship's wheel? Who knows. He yelled: "Allright, lynch him!"
      The mood quickly turned sour, and as one all patrons surrounded cantbeasked and lynched him instead.
      A piece of his red coat slipped out from under his dust coat, and they knew they had the right one.

I still wasn't assured about the absense of Madz, and when I went to check on him, his door was ajar. I looked inside and saw his corpse, lunged over his desk with a knife in the back.
      Stuck to his back by the knife was a note that read: "Pirate scum! - Mercer".
      Madz's body covered a piece of parchment: it was a to do list. it read:
      "To do:
      1. Forge sword.
      2. Sharpen hatchets.
      3. Lynch cantbeasked"

I knew enough and let the undertaker of Port Royal take care of the remains. Bloody shame.

TL DR;
      Madz was alpha'd - Will Turner (Blacksmith)
      cantbeasked was lynched - Soldier

PlayerVote
      Blazecantbeasked
      cantbeaskedlemon
      deaderpoolcantbeasked
      HappyBlaze
      JakeyyyDead
      KrybskyttenDead
      lagushkicantbeasked
      Lemoncantbeasked
      Madzcantbeasked
      Marksycantbeasked
      MoogleDead
      Notorious CrunchieDead
      PFKDead
      Razorwindcantbeasked
      Rob JakesDead
      RuffianCantbeasked

Next Lynch: Friday 21:30 GMT

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Simpsons ().

• Sometimes I even forget it's a battle, with all the booze and laughter going on in the Tavern.
      Pirate jokes left and right, some as old as the Kraken that Davy Jones tamed as his pet.

With a sharp cough, I reminded them of the obligated lynching, and not caring much about it: Tia Dalma nodded towards Ruffian.
      They dragged him out without much fight, strung him up without the usual bloodlust, and came back to find lagushki's corpse. The note that was knifed on his back read "Today will be the day you all remember as the day I killed Jack Sparrow! - Mercer"
      Little Marty shrugged: "Meh, we got 'em all anyway! Cheers!"

lagushki was alpha'd - Captain Jack Sparrow (Houdini)
      Ruffian was lynched - Ian Mercer (new Alpha)

PlayerVote
      BlazeRuffian
      cantbeaskedDead
      deaderpoolRuffian
      HappyRuffian
      JakeyyyDead
      KrybskyttenDead
      lagushkiRuffian
      LemonRuffian
      MadzDead
      MarksyAbsent
      MoogleDead
      Notorious CrunchieDead
      PFKDead
      RazorwindRuffian
      Rob JakesDead
      RuffianBlaze

Pirates won - Game Over
    • PlayerRole
      BlazeScrum
      cantbeaskedSoldier
      DeaderpoolRagetti
      HappyMarty
      JakeyyyMr. Cotton
      KrybskyttenJoshamee Gibbs
      lagushkiCpt. Jack Sparrow (Houdini)
      LemonPintel
      MadzWill Turner (Blacksmith)
      MarksyElizabeth Swann
      MoogleLord Cutler Beckett (Alpha)
      Notorious CrunchieSyrena (Mermaid)
      PFKWeatherby Swann (Govenor)
      RazorwindTia Dalma (Witch)
      Rob JakesJack the Monkey (Seer)
      RuffianIan Mercer (Backup Alpha)

Night 1:
      Razor poisons lagushki, but is too late
      Moogle alpha's Lagushki
      Rob seers Blaze
      Madz protects Crunchie
      lagushki uses his Houdini ability to escape death
      Crunch falls in love with Jakeyy

Night 2:
      Moogle is lynched
      MadZ protects Lagushki
      Moogle Alpha's Razor
      Razor heals himself

Night 3:
      Madz protects lag
      ruffian alpha's PFK
      Jakeyy dies of absence, takes his lover with him
      Krybskytten is lynched

Night 4:
      madZ protects Razor
      Ruffian alphas MadZ
      cantbeasked is lynched

Night 5:
      Ruffian alpha's Lagushki
      Ruffian gets lynched
    • Thank you Sebas, for a great round!

Lots of interesting roles for people to get into!

Lag
      I’m not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. It’s taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ‘Don’t take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
      - Humphrey Bogart

UK2 - Rehab