Sitter indicators

    The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

    • Sitter indicators

      Hey,

      So, I'm sure we have all been there before when you sending waves and eagerly awaiting confirmation that they have all gone same second only to be greeted with the message "active village has been changed". When trying to land your waves the same second as alliance mates this is especially infuriating!

      Maybe we could get a thing for sitters (and if possible duals), similar to the address book blue dots, that would let a sitter/dual know that someone else is online on the account at the moment so they don't change the bloody village when you're trying to do things?

      That would be heaven for, village changing against my will is my biggest annoyance in travian. (Apart from everything travian do)

      Maybe others feel the same?
    • Rofl know that feeling. Usually happens to me more when sending cuts rather than attacks. I think trav should have a thing in setting, like a tick box that when u tick it its like "do not disturb" mode on skype (im assuming u guys know what im talking of - plz senpai mods dont ban me for advertising skype xd its just to use an idea which skype have already to improve trav) and it will not let sitters log onto ur acc during that time. Would be nice to have it, but trav need to prepare visuals for valentine's so probs will be delayed for a few more years
    • Would be helpful - think it might be hard to do properly for duals, but sitters should be possible? Though the question is if it should be tied to being logged in, or actual activity on the account.


      Something that can be a bit helpful (if you let your sitter know to keep an eye on it) - have the top spot of your link list free (No. 0), and when you're launching on an OP, you can just put something random as the link, and set the name to something like "OP - NO VILLAGE CHANGING" or similar.

      I had a sitter some servers ago who would send a few raids while I was sleeping but otherwise not touch account, so if I had OPs in the morning, I'd just write "OP - KEEP TROOPS AT HOME" as the link name.

      This way you don't have to IGM/skype or w/e the sitters and hope they see it before doing stuff on your account.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

      Would be helpful - think it might be hard to do properly for duals, but sitters should be possible? Though the question is if it should be tied to being logged in, or actual activity on the account.


      Something that can be a bit helpful (if you let your sitter know to keep an eye on it) - have the top spot of your link list free (No. 0), and when you're launching on an OP, you can just put something random as the link, and set the name to something like "OP - NO VILLAGE CHANGING" or similar.

      I had a sitter some servers ago who would send a few raids while I was sleeping but otherwise not touch account, so if I had OPs in the morning, I'd just write "OP - KEEP TROOPS AT HOME" as the link name.

      This way you don't have to IGM/skype or w/e the sitters and hope they see it before doing stuff on your account.
      ofc. You are the best travian player that ever lived. You make 1m club hammers that no one has ever seen.

      I was talking about us mere mortals though.

      playingwithfire wrote:

      I have always posted in my Skype dual/sitter room. I know a few who have changed the pw temporarily to send waves. And I have never had an issue with that. And I have dualed with players in various time zones using this system

      Not so easy if your access if "pop on quick during a cig break once an hour".

      Would be a handy feature is all.
    • playingwithfire wrote:

      I have always posted in my Skype dual/sitter room. I know a few who have changed the pw temporarily to send waves. And I have never had an issue with that. And I have dualed with players in various time zones using this system.
      Clearly this is far too sensible....
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

      Hey,

      So, I'm sure we have all been there before when you sending waves and eagerly awaiting confirmation that they have all gone same second only to be greeted with the message "active village has been changed". When trying to land your waves the same second as alliance mates this is especially infuriating!

      Maybe we could get a thing for sitters (and if possible duals), similar to the address book blue dots, that would let a sitter/dual know that someone else is online on the account at the moment so they don't change the bloody village when you're trying to do things?

      That would be heaven for, village changing against my will is my biggest annoyance in travian. (Apart from everything travian do)

      Maybe others feel the same?
      The best answer to this is Change the password of account before you send actual reals and kick sitters for a day, I used to do same so even my dual cant make a mistake no matter what.. try doing it and I bet not a single thing will go wrong ;)

      I hope it helps.. :)

      LEGEND OF 2017(UK AWARD)
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

      ofc. You are the best travian player that ever lived. You make 1m club hammers that no one has ever seen.

      I was talking about us mere mortals though.


      I commend your idea, and reply with a tip that has helped me, because it is indeed an issue.. And you post this crap that has no relevance to this topic at all.

      Or maybe you didn't read my post at all, since you've apparently decided based on a single forum conversation that I "don't care about anyone else in the world, only myself"?


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight ().