Travian Awards 2018 Discussion Thread

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

Important reminder! On Tuesday, 28th August 2018 at 10:00 UTC we will ask you to accept the new Terms and Conditions while logging in your game account. Only the owner of the account will be able to accept them. The sitters won't be able to enter the account until the owner accept them.

More information here.

• Travian Awards 2018 Discussion Thread

Well, I suppose since the threads with the nominees are now closed :p Some people might really want to be part of the discussion and the great move made by @Templar Knight for some nice disqualifications *ehem* So, let's be happy that this is the only round where such abuses won't happen - since for the next year a lot of players will come prepared :(
      And I'll also go ahead and paste this from Shmitz as a suggestion:

Schmitz wrote:

I haven't been able to find a better place for it. Please, @mods, move my post if there is a thread for discussing the Award-idea somewhere in the international section.
      I like the general idea of the awards. They provide a good opportunity to look back to what happened on the servers in 2017, to collect outstanding players, groups and actions and share achievents, reports, etc.
      The realiziation however does not serve the idea well.

It should not be enough to just type the name of a player/alliance/... to have them nominated. This leads to a mere "who can activate most
      friends to tick their box?" I would prefer not to accept nominations without reasons and examples / proof (like linked threads / reports / screen shots etc.) Or a 'laudation' with some content, at least.
      Alternatively, the Mod/CM/staff of the domain could pre-vote which nominations should be suggested to the users. We have done this in the past when players were asked to hand in stories and poems and only served a selection of what staff members thought was best for final votes.
      I'd like the various Multi hunters from various servers to decide on which teams and individuals had great performance (including the least reports from the players too ofc! Since who knows more then the MH) during their servers and they chose the winners from among the nominations.
      I have to say I do miss the newspapers which would highlight the attackers/defenders etc of the servers every month.

AbounA wrote:

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro
    • Hello Everyone

Let me just add this real quick...

There is a lot of room for improvement and we are already preparing for the next time award thread happen.

So you will indeed see many improvements in the way it happens in the future to try and prevent some of the things that happened this go around.

:)

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Congratulations to the alliance

HEROES

who was voted best alliance on the .COM Domain

Sinzey_DK was the first to nominate so wins the 100 gold voucher and special achievement medal.
      To be awarded within the next 24 hours
      Hmm, funny thing that the one, who nominate our ally, but wasn't part of it, wins the achievment medal - i miss the "win" for our ally in this case. To share 100 gold in one alliance would be difficult, thats true - but the achievment medal should go to the winners, not to the one who nominated us...

Phalanx - Turandot - Morgan Freeman -
      No Pasarán! - Tatum Fortuna -
      Luckmushrooms - CatDog
    • on travian final tournament have system for prizes , and all is very simple there, for player and for ally is all clean, so if you think to give prizes for ally maybe you can use same system= give prizes to 20 best player in ally... but problem start if you dont know what players play in ally ( some ally change players every time, not same players play all time in ally)...

for player is realy clean situation, for ally= good luck and God give you brain to be smart in that :thumbsup: :whistling: :saint:
      straki
    • Catz wrote:

Templar Knight wrote:

Congratulations to the alliance

HEROES

who was voted best alliance on the .COM Domain

Sinzey_DK was the first to nominate so wins the 100 gold voucher and special achievement medal.
      To be awarded within the next 24 hours
      Hmm, funny thing that the one, who nominate our ally, but wasn't part of it, wins the achievment medal - i miss the "win" for our ally in this case. To share 100 gold in one alliance would be difficult, thats true - but the achievment medal should go to the winners, not to the one who nominated us...
      Doesn't seem right. I would suppose the achievement medal is tied to emails, so I think what should be done is 100 gold given to the player that HEROES chooses - an MVP perhaps. Or just don't reward any gold, and give achievement medal/code to the leaders - Enti and Lotte, who can be verified and they gather the emails or distribute the code among their team.
      ..And that is the Final Word.

• Getting an "MVP player of 2017 award" or "Best alliance of 2017" would certainly be cooler than getting gold, especially if it could be showed in profiles ingame

I didn't know I was gonna get anything by nominating, I just thought the alliance would get the prices, since they won the vote
      Midsummer: Derek Morgan - CM
      2016 Finals: Solid - Deff&Dest
      Dkx 26: Kodimagnyl - Fishies
      Sez 26: Hubertiux - NH
      Ukx 25: The Prestige - SD (day 62)
      Comx: Resira - Dacia/T1R (day 64)
      Fix27: Athene - Olympos (day 34) 2,3 mil spears
    • Susano wrote:

2 out of 3 lopik's nomination had been disqualified.

Surprised his nomination "Gorky" for The Legend of 2017 didn't get disqualified

https://wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/505181-nominations-for-the-legend-of-2017/?postID=6886095#post6886095.

I was wondering about the same thing earlier too

AbounA wrote:

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro
    • My opinion is that travian don't put medals from forum to players profile in game because forum don't have realy conection whit game, if you understand me...
      forum is forum and all what hapend here on forum stay here ... game is game and stay there....
      now i start deep philosophy , i know, sorry for that but let's be real and honest- game and forum are 2 diferent sites and dont have conection one with other one...
      :thumbsup: :saint:
      straki