UK29 - Stats and Analysis thread

• New Year's Special

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Naturally my comments are lighthearted, or meant to be perceived as such at any rate.

That being said... the alliance formerly known as Solo, has advanced to the next level. Now known as META, clearly challenging A.A, should surely qualify for an analyses! Can analyze their ego if nothing else ;)

Rank
      Alliance
      Resources

P.O.T.C

A.A

META
    • The good review, it was pleasant to us. Now we wait for not less bright game actions))
      ру-4 2009/2010 - первый опыт
      ру-4 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 Кодекс
      ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
      ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
      серверы зоны UK 2015/2016, 2016/2017 OLYMPIA
      2018 - UK29
    • No. Olympians play in Siberia. Have decided to warm up, keep playful way a little.
      ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
      ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
      2018 - UK29
    • So far we with anybody aren't at war, peacefully we build houses and farms.
      And Purge... Something is a lot of them around that I don't even know where to find the place that to bury them.
      If we begin to be at war with them :p
      ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
      ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
      2018 - UK29
    • Strazh severa_RU wrote:

So far we with anybody aren't at war, peacefully we build houses and farms.
      And Purge... Something is a lot of them around that I don't even know where to find the place that to bury them.
      If we begin to be at war with them :p
      One might say that this is a death threat.
      Someone might say that.
      - Official spokesperson of VaJayJay.
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

question is, do you war with Purge or merge into them?
      We are not going to integrate with anybody. More than a half of Olympians now either have a rest, or play on different servers in different commands. A small part decided to train some game moments, to check new players who were invited in our rows. If all develops normally, then we will come to the autumn server complete composition.
      ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
      ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
      2018 - UK29
    • It will be good if we see a full strength Olympia team once again invading the UK servers to challenge!

I'm quite enjoying this server, hopefully the opposition teams will have forged together well. We are getting a little action now from JARWOB which is fantastic to see, fingers crossed this is them warming up for some real scraps in the not too distant future. it is why we all play this game :)
      The Zombie - UK29
    • Chris (Lord Aslan) wrote:

Actually, in football, for your team to come out with a win, does not always mean having more goals than the other team. Sometimes to simply prevent the other team from scoring would mean achieving success. Success is not determined by any particular result, but rather is determined on whether or not you achieved your aims.
      I'm suggesting you change your aim, because for you to build a WW to lvl 100, would be rather dull to everyone else's eyes. If you were to come to us and say you want to... I don't know, have all 60 of your members being in the top 100 at game end... now that would be an achievement. If you managed that, but didnt build a lvl 100 WW, we would still class it as success because thats what you set out to do.
      I get what you're trying to say, but that would only ever be classed as a personal victory, because you're not competing in the same criteria as other people.

Maybe that's sufficient for you, but personally part of what I enjoy in this game is the competitive aspect.

In Travian there are set criteria that alliances generally compete in, I would recognise that allaince often compete for off points and artefacts held as categories. But the overarching one on a Legends server is building a WW. Any other criteria is one that you don't really find other alliances competing for or caring about.

Whilst your concept is interesting, unless you could push other alliances to also compete to have the most in the top 100 (which is a criteria I personally find boring as it just promotes simming and heavy gold use in my opinion), it just seems a bit of a one dimensional and dull server to play.

Oh and on the note of people being too afraid to come face AA, I've already said that UK1 is the way to go if they want competition!
    • -SR wrote:

Chris (Lord Aslan) wrote:

Actually, in football, for your team to come out with a win, does not always mean having more goals than the other team. Sometimes to simply prevent the other team from scoring would mean achieving success. Success is not determined by any particular result, but rather is determined on whether or not you achieved your aims.
      I'm suggesting you change your aim, because for you to build a WW to lvl 100, would be rather dull to everyone else's eyes. If you were to come to us and say you want to... I don't know, have all 60 of your members being in the top 100 at game end... now that would be an achievement. If you managed that, but didnt build a lvl 100 WW, we would still class it as success because thats what you set out to do.
      I get what you're trying to say, but that would only ever be classed as a personal victory, because you're not competing in the same criteria as other people.
      Maybe that's sufficient for you, but personally part of what I enjoy in this game is the competitive aspect.

In Travian there are set criteria that alliances generally compete in, I would recognise that allaince often compete for off points and artefacts held as categories. But the overarching one on a Legends server is building a WW. Any other criteria is one that you don't really find other alliances competing for or caring about.

Whilst your concept is interesting, unless you could push other alliances to also compete to have the most in the top 100 (which is a criteria I personally find boring as it just promotes simming and heavy gold use in my opinion), it just seems a bit of a one dimensional and dull server to play.

Oh and on the note of people being too afraid to come face AA, I've already said that UK1 is the way to go if they want competition!
      It is a grand idea but we were unwilling to wait so long for a server start with no guarantee it would have held better challenges than this server. There is still no sign of when another server (UK1) will even start? We put out challenges well in advance to try and tempt some of the UK1 bound alliances here but they were intent on only playing UK1 which is their choice to make. Maybe one day we can do what the US server did this time around and all main UK alliances agree to play one server, together. it would take a lot of arranging and a lot of patience though, which I fear a lot of us do not have, lol (At least we can dream of it happening at some stage before we have all walked away from the game)
      The Zombie - UK29
    • Eppyrage (AA) wrote:

-SR wrote:

I get what you're trying to say, but that would only ever be classed as a personal victory, because you're not competing in the same criteria as other people.Maybe that's sufficient for you, but personally part of what I enjoy in this game is the competitive aspect.

It is a grand idea but we were unwilling to wait so long for a server start with no guarantee it would have held better challenges than this server. There is still no sign of when another server (UK1) will even start? We put out challenges well in advance to try and tempt some of the UK1 bound alliances here but they were intent on only playing UK1 which is their choice to make. Maybe one day we can do what the US server did this time around and all main UK alliances agree to play one server, together. it would take a lot of arranging and a lot of patience though, which I fear a lot of us do not have, lol (At least we can dream of it happening at some stage before we have all walked away from the game)
      Mid February said the Knight
      - Official spokesperson of VaJayJay.
    • The idea to bring together all strongest British alliances on one server - a utopia and even if once it happens, nothing good from this will quit))
      For the active multipolar game enough 2 - 3 strong alliances on the server to which level of a game other alliances will be pulled. The competition and an intrigue will grow then
      ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
      ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
      2018 - UK29
    • Actually, in football, for your team to come out with a win, does not always mean having more goals than the other team. Sometimes to simply prevent the other team from scoring would mean achieving success. Success is not determined by any particular result, but rather is determined on whether or not you achieved your aims.

Eppyrage (AA) wrote:

-SR wrote:

I get what you're trying to say, but that would only ever be classed as a personal victory, because you're not competing in the same criteria as other people.Maybe that's sufficient for you, but personally part of what I enjoy in this game is the competitive aspect.

I think too many were concerned about too many new features being introduced in a single server for s29 and there being issues with bugs. Also, the allure of playing new tribes being too great and taking good players off their own well beaten paths is a concern I had. Personally I think Huns are just not competitive on a WW server, which is more of a marathon than scattered empires. I also think the server will be rife with people who signed up just to try out the tribes, settled good spots, but have no intention of sticking it out.

Beating good opponents is sweetest when there's no unpredictable factors at play that could've meant they were unable to perform to their fullest. I think a good old fashioned Teut, Gaul, Roman slugfest is definitely the way to go.

As abovementioned, we are hopeful it will be a mid-Feb start.
    • -SR wrote:

think a good old fashioned Teut, Gaul, Roman slugfest is definitely the way to go.
      Dont disagree with this.

-SR wrote:

Personally I think Huns are just not competitive on a WW server, which is more of a marathon than scattered empires.
      But I do disagree with this :P

Even if we leave out the fact that huns are the best raiders, as well as the fact that only Clubs + TK beat the Huns T1+ T6 combination. Not to mention their highest off/time troop is also a better deffer than phalanx.

Huns have the 2nd strongest wwk as well as wwr. True, that its because of their combination of T1+T6 and not exactly all on seige.
      but even if we take that out. Huns ram's off/time is only second to teutons.
      They see me rolling
      They hating