Server section display size

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Server section display size

I suggest you expand the server section part of the forum, so that each server gets it's own line. That way you can see if your server has had any new posts without clicking the game world tab.

We''ve tried the new layout for some time now, and it doesn't work very well mixing servers together imo. The "todays posts" function is still not back on track either, so my two favourite ways to check new posts are still missing. Can we have this please.
    • Jump to the most helpful post

• That would be a bit much, yes :D

Not sure how this forum is built and its future possibilites, but would be nice to have this as a feature down the road, same as "fixing" "todays post" that's dominated by languages I can't understand.
    • Administrator wrote:

Unfortunately this is not possible, because this is an international forum and every country has his own server, so we should add around 270/280 subsection if you want to have one for each server.
      you are literally the only person who is signed up to every domain!

so what you mean is, it would be annoying for you so no.

I'm sure people on even 3 domains would still prefer it
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

Administrator wrote:

Unfortunately this is not possible, because this is an international forum and every country has his own server, so we should add around 270/280 subsection if you want to have one for each server.

What I believe Admin is referring to is that since we are now one forum, the threads would show on every domain even though you may only see UK.
    • Hawk wrote:

notorious crunchie wrote:

Administrator wrote:

What I believe Admin is referring to is that since we are now one forum, the threads would show on every domain even though you may only see UK.

Exactly.

The only person that looks at every domain though is the admin.

So it would have literally no effect on anyone else.
    • You probably misunderstood how it works.

Every section of the forum is visible in every domain with it's translated version, this is called multilingualism function.
      Every section we add tot he forum will be visible for every domain, because the forum is one, just translated in multiple languages.

So you will see all the section, doesn't matter which language you have activated.
    • Helpful

Perhaps I can explain.

Each domain has several servers running. Suppose you set it up like this

Server 1
      Server 2
      Server 3
      etc
      Speed server
      ROA
      and so on - basically all the ones that you can use tags for,

each domain would see all those for their domain. So for UK I would expect to see the same subsections as I would see in AU, should I choose to pick AU as an option. Not all of them would be used for UK as not all servers are running at the same time, but if I had picked several languages, I might go into the Server 1 subsection and see threads for Server 1 in all those different domains.

I don't think anyone wants a separate section for every single server on every single domain, just one for each of the headings that we used to have but now have tags for instead.

You can see subsections in the Game World section for Politics and Diplomacy, HoF etc. What Crunchie wants is subsections in the Politics and Diplomacy section for the available tags, so that you can go straight to the server you are playing, rather than having to sift through a pile of threads that may not be relevant to you since you aren't playing those servers.

Yes, you can use the tags to filter them out, but it isn't as efficient as separate subsections would be.

I hope that makes sense.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Would it be possible to also add a function where we could tag/favourite a thread? I know that when we post, this sort of happens, but sometimes you want to follow a thread without posting something in it.
      That way, individuals could personalise the content that was of interest to them and avoid having to trawl through lots of content.
    • Cali wrote:

Would it be possible to also add a function where we could tag/favourite a thread? I know that when we post, this sort of happens, but sometimes you want to follow a thread without posting something in it.
      That way, individuals could personalise the content that was of interest to them and avoid having to trawl through lots of content.
      If you try clicking on the tab in my screenshot that should give you the option to follow threads without needing to comment.

Let me know if that doesn't work tho :)
    • I mostly use my phone for the forum and I can see the watched lists, but this is generated from threads that I have commented on.

On the laptop, it's easy to choose threads to add to the watch list, I just can't seem to be able to choose in the same way from my mobile.
    • Mercedes wrote:

Perhaps I can explain.

Each domain has several servers running. Suppose you set it up like this

Server 1
      Server 2
      Server 3
      etc
      Speed server
      ROA
      and so on - basically all the ones that you can use tags for,

each domain would see all those for their domain. So for UK I would expect to see the same subsections as I would see in AU, should I choose to pick AU as an option. Not all of them would be used for UK as not all servers are running at the same time, but if I had picked several languages, I might go into the Server 1 subsection and see threads for Server 1 in all those different domains.

I don't think anyone wants a separate section for every single server on every single domain, just one for each of the headings that we used to have but now have tags for instead.

You can see subsections in the Game World section for Politics and Diplomacy, HoF etc. What Crunchie wants is subsections in the Politics and Diplomacy section for the available tags, so that you can go straight to the server you are playing, rather than having to sift through a pile of threads that may not be relevant to you since you aren't playing those servers.

Yes, you can use the tags to filter them out, but it isn't as efficient as separate subsections would be.

I hope that makes sense.
      This has merit.

We could just have Servers 1-8, 3x server, and servers 19 and 29 as subsections.
      If people from UK would check section Server 1, and it's not active, the section should be empty.
    • Correct, however the old forum had their own separate section on the host, and now it's all clogged together.

@Administrator is correct that if you want domain specific server line up, you'd get:
      - Server 1 UK
      - Server 1 US
      - Server 1 COM
      - Server 1 NL
      - Server 1 TK
      etc.

But like you mentioned, it doesn't have to be that way.