Pinned Discussion for Overall Server records

• What is the reasoning behind disallowing said fan site? Surely it's just to edit the site to be in accordance with the policy.

I've read through the policy and checked the forum, and I can't see anything wrong (it doesn't breach any forum rules either, i.e ban discussions). Is it that the forum requires registration that is the problem?
    • Andi wrote:

What is the reasoning behind disallowing said fan site? Surely it's just to edit the site to be in accordance with the policy.

I've read through the policy and checked the forum, and I can't see anything wrong (it doesn't breach any forum rules either, i.e ban discussions). Is it that the forum requires registration that is the problem?
      Hello Andi

Mercedes has been given instructions on what to do.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Andi wrote:

What is the reasoning behind disallowing said fan site? Surely it's just to edit the site to be in accordance with the policy.

Hello Andi
      Mercedes has been given instructions on what to do.
      Still waiting for those instructions ...

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Mercedes wrote:

In that case, you might as well just archive the entire server statistics like Getter does. Personally, I would love to see that happen. However, I still think that players want something to aim for so some sort of HoF is good.
      The problem is that whilst getter is great for retaining, pop, conquer, alliance, details, it doesn't have Offence, Defence, Heroes, etc.

Cry's travian tool used to be great as it retained all that data, even raiding data totals for the server which was awesome to see.

Just wondering also, the HoF as it currently stands doesn't have any UKx hammersa referenced? Surely there have been some bigger ones on speed than normal? Or is it only the sail servers that go into HoF? Just curious.

Would love to at least see what we do have here expanded to AU and .Com domains as well.
    • morgasshk_AU wrote:

The problem is that whilst getter is great for retaining, pop, conquer, alliance, details, it doesn't have Offence, Defence, Heroes, etc.
      Cry's travian tool used to be great as it retained all that data, even raiding data totals for the server which was awesome to see.

Just wondering also, the HoF as it currently stands doesn't have any UKx hammersa referenced? Surely there have been some bigger ones on speed than normal? Or is it only the sail servers that go into HoF? Just curious.

Would love to at least see what we do have here expanded to AU and .Com domains as well.
      I completely agree about getter and Cry. The HoF doesn't have any Ukx hammers referenced as the records were maintained by players who only play on slow servers. Nobody from speed has ever seemed to want to record details there and the HoF has always relied heavily on enthusiasts from the player base to maintain it.

Avi, then Bloated Fish maintained it for years, with various other players (including me) keeping or recording information for it. Both Avi and Bloated Fish are no longer here, I did start to maintain it for a while but obviously can't do that any more and the current CM sadly seems to have no interest.

Unfortunately, it would seem the HoF for the UK will die a death.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • The UK HoF has always relied on players interested enough and with time enough to maintain it. They were usually also Mods, as the CMs gave them Mod powers to enable them to maintain it.

morgasshk_AU wrote:

Mercedes wrote:

In that case, you might as well just archive the entire server statistics like Getter does. Personally, I would love to see that happen. However, I still think that players want something to aim for so some sort of HoF is good

Bloated Fish, who maintained these records after Avi left, was a slow speed server. I took over maintaining them after Bloated Fish stopped, but then was unable to continue to do so.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever shown an interest in maintaining records for speed servers, which I think is very sad.

This previous post bizarrely seems to have been disabled, even though it breaks no forum rules.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: removed inflammatory statement ().

• There doesn’t seem much point if I can’t actually collect the data. It’s a bit frustrating that having spent hours of my time building spreadsheet templates so that I can copy and paste the information in, servers are taken down three days after they complete before I get chance to :(. Uk6 will now have to be an amalgamation of getter records and hearsay unless our cm preserved screenshots before it went down. It will also take me a lot longer to do so it could be awhile now beforehand it’s up.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Sorry i couldn't help Mercedes.

Is there a set time the server remains after ending before its wiped (3 days minimum rings a bell for some reason) @Ameno or does the game end automatically trigger the wipe and reconfigure process.

It would be handy to know the minimum so we can organise ourselves to get the data.

PS. Not looking for a exact hard deadline as that would be impossible to commit to but a "it should stay accessible by a player/MH for a minimum of x hours/days" would be usefull" -- answer can be via pm /CSR if its sensitive/crew only.
      128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Game Rules | Terms & Conditions | Rules FAQ

Game issues can only be answered by sending an In-Game Message to Multihunter / Support
      Or via the Homepage Support form
    • -SR wrote:

I don't know why capturing server end data is something TG wouldn't want to do on an official level anyway? Seems like something a lot of people are interested in.
      I think at one time I suggested automatic capturing of the information. The general reply seemed to be that it would be difficult to do across every single domain. It was last year I think so I don't really remember the specifics.

An alternative to an automated technical solution would be for either the MH to grab and pass along the info or get the CM access somehow? I'm not sure what the specifics would be behind the scenes to allowing a CM to get into the MH account? But the reason I mention that is to not add on to the MH's workload unnecessarily. It would also reduce a potential point of failure if the CM can collect directly. Maybe if a CM getting into the MH account is a no-go, a CM account/village could also be added. Just some thoughts.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play