Posts vanishing discussion thread

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Templar Knight wrote:

Fair enough on this one....

but you know we cannot discuss specific bans on the forum.

I will send you a pm to refresh your memory on what you just specified but have a feeling you really do not need it. :)
      You don't need to.

Would much prefer that you accept the offer that you have recieved from Hawk.

Oh and I can find previous warnings aswell and post if you want me to? :)

• Templar Knight wrote:

Andi wrote:

The reason why there is a warning/infra system, is for mods to give an explanation to the user on what rule they broke. Another reason is transparency/equal treatment; all mods can view what's being handed out and for what. A third reason is to avoid admins/mods doing what they want. This thread is an example of why one perhaps should revert to the old system.
      The warning system is in place but when we give warnings it also gives points. It does not take long for many members of this community to compile enough points to be banned.
      So that was my reasoning before about being a bit more lenient and our crew doing simple edits while giving a verbal warning if the infraction was not a big one.

So again I have instructed the crew to do simple edits or removals for now and we see how that goes.
      Thanks.

Well, this seems like a huge disadvantage to modding the forum in a sensible way. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it has to be the same on all domains, and since the germans are strick, that is the default? :D (don't need to answer).
    • Happy wrote:

Question about bans: how come when your account gets banned you receive a message about why you’re banned, but you can’t read it cause you’re banned?

Asking for a friend
      That has been something we have talked about before as crew and have sent it upstairs so hopefully soon we will hear something back on that.

It is counter productive for sure.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Andi wrote:

Templar Knight wrote:

Andi wrote:

The reason why there is a warning/infra system, is for mods to give an explanation to the user on what rule they broke. Another reason is transparency/equal treatment; all mods can view what's being handed out and for what. A third reason is to avoid admins/mods doing what they want. This thread is an example of why one perhaps should revert to the old system.
      The warning system is in place but when we give warnings it also gives points. It does not take long for many members of this community to compile enough points to be banned.So that was my reasoning before about being a bit more lenient and our crew doing simple edits while giving a verbal warning if the infraction was not a big one.

So again I have instructed the crew to do simple edits or removals for now and we see how that goes.
      Thanks.
      Well, this seems like a huge disadvantage to modding the forum in a sensible way. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it has to be the same on all domains, and since the germans are strick, that is the default? :D (don't need to answer).
      Actually, it's a HUGE advantage to modding in a sensible way.
      The warning system might've not given you infraction points previously, but it does now.
      So we are asked not to use it when not necessary. Verbal warnings are much more sensible than official ones, in my humble opinion.
    • That depends entirely if you have a smooth running crew operation where you know where the list lays imo. If yes, sure.

Having said that I am also for sending a message in some mild cases, instead of "escelating" it to a warning if I came across as a infraction-hungry guy.
    • Lemon wrote:

So me getting a warning for asking a question a month ago is about to get reverted and a public apology will come? I'm looking forward to it :thumbup:
      Don't push it :p

Andi wrote:

That depends entirely if you have a smooth running crew operation where you know where the list lays imo. If yes, sure.

Having said that I am also for sending a message in some mild cases, instead of "escelating" it to a warning if I came across as a infraction-hungry guy.
      I assume you mean 'where the line lays/lies' ? if not, can you please elaborate?

But yes: we'd rather just give a nudge in the proper direction over using the ban hammer right away. I'ts counter-productive.
    • omg, standards are slipping after only a few days... I apologise to Rhianna :D

If I were a mod,
      even just for a day
      I'd roll outta bed in the morning
      And throw on what I wanted and go
      Delete all the posts that made no sense
      And chase all the bots
      I'd kick all who deserved it
      And I'd never get confronted for it
      Cos I was just doing my job