Posts vanishing discussion thread

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The video diary of the Legends on Tour Event is now available!
    Don't miss it: Watch it now!
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Templar Knight wrote:

Hello Lemom

Trolling/Flaming is against forum rules so those get removed without notice.

If they persists then warnings can be given.

Hope this helps answer your question.
      My post wasn't trolling. It is a fact that I am deleting due to the poor admin-ing that has occured on these forums since Mhudson left.
    • The reason why there is a warning/infra system, is for mods to give an explanation to the user on what rule they broke. Another reason is transparency/equal treatment; all mods can view what's being handed out and for what. A third reason is to avoid admins/mods doing what they want. This thread is an example of why one perhaps should revert to the old system.

I also find it helpful to never handle cases against yourself. If someone calls you a turnip, a collegue would be more than happy to warn/ban someone if they break the rules. This secures the perception that the players broke the rule, and did not piss you off/say the wrong thing as is often claimed.
    • I don't think Travian has gone downhill. Player numbers have dropped, but if you go back and look at the very early Server data in the HoF, the early servers were just massive metas. More players but less diverse.

There was then a reaction where spoiler alliances came along, then numbers dropped again and the last server in the UK where they were effective was UK1 with Natars. There are still active spoiler alliances on US1, go see Dilly-Dilly there.

The forum has had a long and peaceful history under the management of two very good CMs, ChrisCV and then MHudson. The bad old days of Laika are just those, bad old days.

As long as Travian continues to provide a forum and understand it's importance in attracting and retaining players in the game there isn't much more to do. Travian will never compete with App games with instant addiction appeal. It's a complex and intelligent game. You wouldn't want it to change that too much.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Andi wrote:

The reason why there is a warning/infra system, is for mods to give an explanation to the user on what rule they broke. Another reason is transparency/equal treatment; all mods can view what's being handed out and for what. A third reason is to avoid admins/mods doing what they want. This thread is an example of why one perhaps should revert to the old system.
      The warning system is in place but when we give warnings it also gives points. It does not take long for many members of this community to compile enough points to be banned.

So that was my reasoning before about being a bit more lenient and our crew doing simple edits while giving a verbal warning if the infraction was not a big one.

This keeps you the players from being banned for just a couple warnings as points expire but some members here collect points rather quickly.

So if you do have a post removed it was because it violated some rule of the forum and was removed or edit without giving a warning because we are not here to keep banning members for minor discretions. I would rather see you all here posting and having fun.

So again I have instructed the crew to do simple edits or removals for now and we see how that goes.

I do not have any bias for anyone here so when I roll thru the threads I treat everyone the same.
      The staff is instructed to do the same.

I hope that will answer some of the questions as to why you have not received any messages from the forum concerning edits or removals.
      Of course when we do have to issue a warning then the forum will send you a message why and from who.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Hi Templar,

You have managed to post in this thread without editing the title that I have asked for an hour ago? How is that possible?

And can you explain what "another warning" means? Cause I have recieved a warning like that before, didn't really help me, the user understand why I recieved the warning.

And please, can you at least check your posts before you actually post them? The English/grammar errors are making my head hurt ;(

Edit:
      That's not what I requested...At least change it to the title I wanted.
    • Lemon wrote:

Hi Templar,

You have managed to post in this thread without editing the title that I have asked for an hour ago? How is that possible?

And please, can you at least check your posts before you actually post them?
      As you as well sir :)

Lemon wrote:

Hi Templar,

And can you explain what "another warning" means? Cause I have recieved a warning like that before, didn't really help me, the user understand why I recieved the warning.
      "another warning" ? Can you explain more please

Lemon wrote:

Hi Templar,

And please, can you at least check your posts before you actually post them? The English/grammar errors are making my head hurt ;(
      Sometimes I do make a spelling or grammar mistake along with 100% of all the other members of this forum.
      This is a Travian forum though and not English class so please lets us not start harassing members over their spelling.
      That is not cool and will not be allowed.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Lemon wrote:

Hi Templar,

"another warning" ? Can you explain more please
      I will take this as your accept to discuss this in the public.

A month ago, I recieve a warning that looked like this:
      "You have been warned by Templar Knight:
      again another warning then."

Nothing else, not much of a reason in there, unless you are able to write invisible messages?
    • Lemon wrote:

Translation of TK's post: blah blah blah, dictator, blah blah, I'm the boss, blah blah blah, everyone is beneath me.
      ukx - MadZ (Hegemony) | Danny Zuko (GTB)
      uk1 - David Brent (MFH)