Over Modding.

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Over Modding.

Look.

I know everyone hates TK because he kicked Meme & Cali who everyone loved.

A war has kinda broken out about him being a rule onto himself and the people above him not caring either and there being no other escalation point for the victimised users to go to.

An all time spike in bans has happened as a result of this and what not.

But, can we stop the over modding crap please?

My lemon art should never have been deleted.

MJ's GIF should never have been deleted.

Further bans arise due to actions that are overreactions of overreactions of the mods.

If you keep over modding, we will keep pushing the lines and no one wins.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MuchachoNL ().

• I must have missed the .gif MJ posted, but saw him posting a lot of behinds, which, under most past crews would have lead to them dusting off their ban hammer for that kind of spam. I take it the pics was a reaction feeling unfairly treated?
    • Andi wrote:

I must have missed the .gif MJ posted, but saw him posting a lot of behinds, which, under most past crews would have lead to them dusting off their ban hammer for that kind of spam. I take it the pics was a reaction feeling unfairly treated?
      My gif was posted in reaction to crunch's post being unfairly removed. I then went on to post a load of pictures.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

Gaul WWK: Converter - Battle reports Travian

The post was edited 1 time, last by MuchachoNL ().

• MartinJames_UK wrote:

Andi wrote:

I must have missed the .gif MJ posted, but saw him posting a lot of behinds, which, under most past crews would have lead to them dusting off their ban hammer for that kind of spam. I take it the pics was a reaction feeling unfairly treated?
      My gif was posted in reaction to crunch's post being unfairly removed. I then went on to post a load of pictures.
      I wonder, does deleting half of a post to remove what it says count as over-modding? I feel like it'd count as over-modding. He posted a load of pictures to express dissatisfaction with the situation is what it said. Not just post a load of pictures.

Should MODs use their editing power to make it look like people said something they didn't? Probs not.
    • Do they even know the guidelines anymore? Posting Simpsons and Beckhams are apparently bannable offenses nowadays so I think its mostly guesswork and who they like least?

Of course a key feature of the new forum is that banned accounts can't read or respond to any messages or appeal their bans until after they're unbanned. Great way to silence them isn't it?
    • Posting Simpsons and Beckhams (as long as those pictures do not contain any inappropriate content that had been added to those pictures) is not "bannable". Using swearing words and other stuff that is against this forum community guidelines is not tolerated though.

I'll look into forum settings again (did it a while ago, but seems the implemented changes had no success, sorry for that) and find out why banned account can't write messages to moderators. Unfortunately seems I don't have ready solution to it and will need to contact the developer of the platform (WBB) and maybe search if there is some plug in for it. I am sorry for that.

Right now if you get banned, please, contact your CM by writing them an email on forum@travian.tld where tld is domain you got warning on.

As for over-moderation, I can't say that removing messages (partially or completely) that contain swearing word is "over-moderating". The warning system here is mild, and if a certain word was posted in the heat of the moment, you'll get a warning, but will not get a ban. Posting inappropriate content in your almost every message will definitely lead to the ban, and I can't agree that it's over-moderating, I am sorry.
    • Ameno wrote:

Unfortunately seems I don't have ready solution to it and will need to contact the developer of the platform (WBB) and maybe search if there is some plug in for it. I am sorry for that.
      Hello Ameno,

if you are in contact with the WBB-developers - can you also ask for a plugin to ignore other members here in the forum? The old forum has had this function and sometimes it is better to ignore a "stupid" writer, than feel provocated to a new (most also stupid) answer... If I'am not wrong, there exist a plugin for this - we ask therefore in the german section, too.

Thank you.

Phalanx - Turandot - Morgan Freeman -
      No Pasarán! - Tatum Fortuna -
      Luckmushrooms - CatDog
    • Ameno wrote:

As for over-moderation, I can't say that removing messages (partially or completely) that contain swearing word is "over-moderating". The warning system here is mild, and if a certain word was posted in the heat of the moment, you'll get a warning, but will not get a ban. Posting inappropriate content in your almost every message will definitely lead to the ban, and I can't agree that it's over-moderating, I am sorry.
      Showing your lack of foresight here Ameno. I appreciate that the moderation crew has gotten some stick (putting it mildly) recently. But even if there a small improvement then we would let up. Instead it has gotten continuously worse.
    • How is the Beckhams inappropriate?
      How is the Wimbledon team inappropriate?
      How is Fry from futurama inappropriate?

Apparently I insulted someone, yet no one feels insulted.
      And when asked about it the mod told me ‘when you get 6 points you’ll automatically be banned’
      Yet I had only 5.

The mod can’t explain this, can you Ameno?
      Just to clarify, I’m not mentioning any names as We can’t discuss specific bans on the forum.
    • Happy wrote:

How is the Beckhams inappropriate?

Under their clothes they are all naked! Nudity is not allowed on the forum Ben, stop trying to bend the rules!
      What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)
    • Happy wrote:

How is the Beckhams inappropriate?

Apparently I insulted someone, yet no one feels insulted.
      And when asked about it the mod told me ‘when you get 6 points you’ll automatically be banned’
      Yet I had only 5.

The mod can’t explain this, can you Ameno?
      Just to clarify, I’m not mentioning any names as We can’t discuss specific bans on the forum.

For this I need a bit more info. There are over 20 communities, I can't monitor every single warning and without getting full info I can't actually comment on something I haven't seen. I wrote you PM.
    • Ameno wrote:

Excuse me?

Care to explain why I got a warning, that resulted in me getting banned, a few days ago then? You have my accept to talk about that exact warning here, in the public.